Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series

Started by Dark Blade Hunter, Apr 16, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

Author
Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series (Read 64,820 times)

PAS Spinelli

I want a REmake of 5 and 6 too, 1 doesn't need one tho.
6 needs a completely reboot infact, make a new game but with the same title

PredBabe

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 04, 2023, 08:52:30 PMAs superb as Remake 4 is, it is quite saddening how a majority of the fanbase now seems obsessed with remakes. People want Remake 5, 6 and even a remake of remake 1 over an RE9 it seems.

Oh oh and Code Veronica! Don't forget Code Veronica! ;)

Local Trouble

Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 05, 2023, 12:08:41 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 04, 2023, 08:52:30 PMAs superb as Remake 4 is, it is quite saddening how a majority of the fanbase now seems obsessed with remakes. People want Remake 5, 6 and even a remake of remake 1 over an RE9 it seems.

Code Veronica is why I bought a Dreamcast in 1999, but I was never sure why it wasn't a numbered entry in the series.  It probably should have been RE4.

KiramidHead

Code Veronica is the most in need of a remake. There's good stuff in there, but a lot of bullshit, too.

Local Trouble

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 05, 2023, 12:27:08 AMCode Veronica is the most in need of a remake. There's good stuff in there, but a lot of bullshit, too.

Yeah, they need to give Steve a big overhaul.  He was worse than Ashley, IMO.

KiramidHead

Steve, the one hit kills, the insane backtracking on the island, the moths, that f**king crate blocking the door and cutting you off from the first item box...

Local Trouble

In that case, remake RE0 too.  It had some issues of its own.

PredBabe

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 05, 2023, 12:17:05 AM

Code Veronica is why I bought a Dreamcast in 1999, but I was never sure why it wasn't a numbered entry in the series.  It probably should have been RE4.
Agreed, CV has a bit more relevance in terms of directly continuing Claire's search for Chris and then Wesker's love hate for Chris.

RE0 is one of my least favorite games from the series. It just seemed too over the top in terms of telling the events that take place before the mansion incident.

Local Trouble

Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 05, 2023, 01:56:46 AM

Agreed, CV has a bit more relevance in terms of directly continuing Claire's search for Chris and then Wesker's love hate for Chris.

Yeah.  As great as RE4 is, Leon saving the president's daughter from not-zombies felt more like a side story.

Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 05, 2023, 01:56:46 AMRE0 is one of my least favorite games from the series. It just seemed too over the top in terms of telling the events that take place before the mansion incident.

Yet another good reason to remake it.  They can dial back some of the excesses.

PredBabe

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 05, 2023, 02:06:05 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 05, 2023, 01:56:46 AM

Yeah.  As great as RE4 is, Leon saving the president's daughter from not-zombies felt more like a side story.

Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 05, 2023, 01:56:46 AMRE0 is one of my least favorite games from the series. It just seemed too over the top in terms of telling the events that take place before the mansion incident.

Yet another good reason to remake it.  They can dial back some of the excesses.
Very true. I think even reimagining RE0 to better tell the story of Bravo team would be ideal. Enrico was a character I wish they had explored more of in the prequel.

This would also give them a chance to showcase the mansion in the new RE engine without rehashing the first game's story.

Local Trouble

I feel like any further remakes should reference the continuation of the Redfield bloodline. These characters aren't getting any younger. They've been fighting zombies since 1998.

Stitch

Stitch

I want more remakes, though not at the expense of new entries. Ideally, they'd continue what they've been doing for the last few years, alternating new entries and remakes.

I'm guessing the next release will be RE9, and then I'm hoping they'll remake Code Veronica. I wouldn't be averse to a re-REmake, but it would have to be a 1:1 retelling, without cutting things out, and ideally would have VR, because playing through the Spencer Mansion in VR would be amazing. RE0 I could take or leave. I don't think it's a particularly good game, but I'm not sure how a remake could fix it, unless they maybe added it as an extra campaign in an RE1 remake, and cut out the character switching system.

Local Trouble

RE4 remake sold over three million units in its first two days.  I can't imagine they'll stop doing what's working for so well for them.

PAS Spinelli

Remake Dino Crisis already

PredBabe

PredBabe

I'm still intrigued with an RE9 title but Capcom is infuriating with how they've gone about handling the main storyline.
I wish they would stop making the games coincide with the year they come out because it is mucking up any way for them to properly tell the story of any of their iconic characters and bring some closure for them that's been long overdue.

As much as I can appreciate RE7 and RE8 for what they have brought to the table, they felt the most like spinoffs for me in terms of detouring away from the storylines that would have better suited the main number titles more.

I thought Revelations 2 had one of the most interesting stories that they could have followed up on and Capcom has completely neglected to address that game. And there were plenty of moments between both RE7 and RE8 where I thought they would start to introduce the events of Rev 2 and slowly introduced Alex Wesker into the main numbered titles, but no... It was a missed opportunity because she could have been a villain that lasts at least a few games and delivered some good blows to the storyline that the series is lacking.

And yes, remake Dino Crisis.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed