Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 90,921 times)

shawsbaby

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 28, 2017, 11:42:54 PM
That could mean that she is alive...
She didnt want to lose that cross...

Good point.

Beardomorph

Quote from: shawsbaby on Feb 28, 2017, 11:42:27 PM
Quote from: Beardomorph on Feb 28, 2017, 11:40:35 PM
Loved the trailer. I just hope that the CGI is still being worked on and relatively unfinished at this stage... a couple of shots were a bit disappointing in that regard.

I'm sure they are. I remember some Prometheus shots looking rough in the trailers but the final product being as close to perfect as you can get.

That's reassuring... I wonder how close to the release date they keep working on perfecting the CGI.  ???

newuser

newuser

watched it like 30x already , somehow ridley scott has found a way to make the alien scary again so film is big win

Pvt. Himmel

So that was Shaws tag!!!! Now who was it that insisted that I was wrong???

So let's see I correctly guessed that Shaw was in pic. And then she was announced as being on set.

AND......

Correctly guessed that it was Shaw's tag. Hmmm!! 8)

Anthony

Anthony

Once again, if Shaw is alive, I hope that her personality is a bit more insane like from all the shit she's seen in the decade between Prometheus and Covenant.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Anthony on Feb 28, 2017, 11:47:51 PM

Once again, if Shaw is alive, I hope that her personality is a bit more insane like from all the shit she's seen in the decade between Prometheus and Covenant.

She's on the slab in Davids Dungeon. She dead dude.

Enoch

I would like to see the same thing. :)

Whos_Nick

Hot damn that was a good trailer, much more effective than the teaser!

shawsbaby

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 28, 2017, 11:50:22 PM

Still looks like an Engineer to me...

BonesawT101

The creature at the end definitely bares a strong resemblance to the '79 Alien. This one however seems more streamlined, perhaps even more refined. Im loving the design. The Planet also looks incredible. The deeper into the planet they go the darker and more ominous it looks. Dante's inferno indeed. Seems like Ridley got warmed up with Prometheus. It was a warm up excercise. Then the Martian really got him going. And now with Alien covenant, it definitely looks like proper old school sci fi horror is back with a big bang.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: shawsbaby on Feb 28, 2017, 11:51:30 PM

It could be but it looks human sized and I think you can even see hair. My guess is Shaw or could even be Cudrup after the Facehugger incident. He's most likely Davids first victim and was experimented on.

nanison

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 28, 2017, 11:36:28 PM
Quote from: nanison on Feb 28, 2017, 11:33:34 PM
Why are all of you going crazy?

I don't like that we see the alien stalk it's prey. To make tension it should be the other way round. It should focus on the character being stalked without the audience knowing where the creature might or might not pop out.
What we see is not horror but action. Sure it looks fun but not intense to me...

So you essentially mean jump scares. A character walking down a corridor and we're all just waiting for something to jump out?

That's what worked in "Alien" the greatest horror movie of all time. Less is more for horror.

Pvt. Himmel

Wait.... So they show Shaws body??

shawsbaby

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 28, 2017, 11:54:13 PM
Quote from: shawsbaby on Feb 28, 2017, 11:51:30 PM

It could be but it looks human sized and I think you can even see hair. My guess is Shaw or could even be Cudrup after the Facehugger incident. He's most likely Davids first victim and was experimented on.

Can't wait to find out!

Anthony

Anthony

IMO, jumpscares are good when they're actually the terror jumping at the heroes, and not a tap on the shoulder.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed