Outer Range - Season 2, Episode 1.

Spoiler
Big black holes and black goo. Hmmm.
[close]
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Prez - Today at 09:37:04 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 04:10:34 AM
Quote from: Prez on Today at 03:54:22 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 01:16:52 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk0UZYk4pj8

Filmed about 30 mins from where I live in Adelaide.

Did you see the film? I had a hard time interpreting, maybe I'll see it again on another day. The ending reminded me a little of this scene from Annihilation ???

Spoiler
[close]

Yet to see it actually but I want to.
Alien Films / Re: Best pic of an Alien
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 08:58:32 AM
Hot damn, that is gorgeous! Your home?
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 08:58:02 AM
Good lord folk. I swear you're determined to make me either quit or have a brain aneurism. Tone down the attitudes, please. Remember you're talking with subjectivity. I don't want to see comments like "could use a cognitive abilities exam". You wont stay around here long if you do.

It goes for everyone. Stop being so offended when someone shares an opinion you don't agree with. There's no need for the hostility in your responses. We're all adults, taking time out of our busy lives to discuss something we're fans of. Something we're passionate about. That passion doesn't need to come out as hostility. Let's remember that.
Quote from: Fulfected on May 17, 2024, 08:09:45 AMGreetings.
Spoiler
My username is an portmanteau of a recent development in Alien canon that I find interesting
[close]

Spoiler
Funnily enough, that's the name I gave to the Fulfremmen image on Xenopedia!
[close]
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 08:00:51 AM
Sorry Acid_Reign, I'm afraid we don't have logs to show that kind of thing. But I'd ask you rise above and leave it at that. I don't want to start derailing the thread over a different kind of people's behavior.
Quote from: Fulfected on May 17, 2024, 08:09:45 AMGreetings.

I made this account over a month ago, but I haven't posted yet, so I guess I'm new in that sense.

I was a big fan of both franchises while growing up, and were a big part of my teenage years. I fell off after Requiem, and fell back in after being recently introduced to the Alien tabletop RPG.

Spoiler
My username is an portmanteau of a recent development in Alien canon that I find interesting
[close]

Welcome! I'm assuming Fulfremen is in there! Always nice to see other appreciators of the RPG in here.  ;D

Quote from: gold on May 18, 2024, 12:13:53 AMI'm a huge Alien and Aliens fan. Saw them in the cinema back in the 80's and 90's. (Also GB). Currently working on a Colonial Marine outfit for Airsoft. Love the Snow Wolf M41 airsoft that I use for skirmishes. I'd recommend it to any Aliens fan!

Welcome Gold! Always love to see some airsofters in here. I used to go regularly but over the last few years I've not really been. The group I used to go with kind of fell apart/moved away/got divorced so I've not really been as I always found it a social sport and it's just not the same without mates. I've got a Snow Wolf PR that I had gutted and reworked by a technie too. Was great! Did stop firing last time I used it though and haven't taken it back to get looked at yet.  :'(
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 07:47:22 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 07:26:43 AMThe time stamps seem to show he'd edited his post almost 50 minutes before you replied, unless I'm missing something.

It's showing that on mine too 😡

@Corporal Hicks can you please check the the comments /edits on your end and confirm that there wasn't any comment manipulation took place on my part when clicking "quote", and that my edits were only for typos and to add "we are all fans here"

I don't care about anyone's stupid squabbles on whether they are or aren't seeing the movie (I've even attempted  to get the thread back on Romulus chat with Romulus discussion) but I'm absolutely NOT having someone edit their comments and then pretend-"call me out" for something I have not done. When I clicked quote, I quoted the message in full. I won't be made out to be a liar for people's dumb-ass arguments, and right now the timestamps are indeed supporting the offender. 😡
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 07:45:24 AM
Right, that's enough of the TrueFan/"consumerism fanboy"/whatever discussion in here. We're all fans and we express it in our ways, based on our circumstances and mentalities at the time. And we should not presume to know those situations in the people we're talking to. No one kind of fan is better than the other. But we can be better people than others and that's in the way we discuss these issues and how considerate and aware we are of the people we're communicating with.

So, please, be the better people and stop antagonizing each other and insulting the way other fans may choose to express their fandom. It genuinely saddens me to see discourse like this, and I expect better of everyone on here.

Any further discussion on the matter will be removed. It's unnecessary and not the point of this thread.
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 07:30:29 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2024, 10:06:52 PMAIs have more creativity than Larocca if only because they steal from a wider range of content.
Additionally, AI is unable to understand theft is unethical.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed