New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,270,539 times)

freshjim

freshjim

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2022, 09:32:36 AM
They did a couple of Volume 1s, but the Essentials was the most recent release they did. Was a good pick up, only time the Predator 2 comic has ever been republished as well as far as I know! None of the EU was allowed to use Dutch until very very recently. Fox always wanted to keep him in their back pockets incase they wanted to do something with him. John does make a return in Predator: Hunters 3, but I'd recommend reading the first 2 volumes of that first. And before that, I'd recommend reading Predator: Big Game, Predator: Bad Blood and Predator: Nemesis to really get the most out of all that.

Awesome thanks for the recommendations i'll read Predator Big Game next, looks like i've got a lot to catch up on. cheers for the replies.

Corporal Hicks

With Predator you can largely get away with just reading the random ones here and there, but with those specific ones, you just get the most out of it having read all the relevant stuff. Hunters was a nice one when it came out because it built on the existing lore which was ace!

freshjim

freshjim

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2022, 09:59:25 AM
With Predator you can largely get away with just reading the random ones here and there, but with those specific ones, you just get the most out of it having read all the relevant stuff. Hunters was a nice one when it came out because it built on the existing lore which was ace!

I remember you guys mentioning Hunters a few times on your youtube channel and Podcast i've been wondering about that one as it seems to be the most popular. Just got Big Game so will start on that tonight and get on to the others you've recommended, won't take me long as these comics are my new obsession  :)

Wanted thank you guys for having Peter Briggs on to talk about his AVP script was one of my favorite videos you guys done amongst many others, I follow him on twitter now and occasionally speak to him, he's so awesome, the amount of stuff he's done is so epic and we have the same interest in movies.

Simply_Kevin

Hi, I'm Kevin, 30yo and I love both franchises, but I have to say I like Alien more. My first contact with both was in the 90s when I was a child (yes, my dad was kinda irresponsible). I've always been attracted to creature design and horror so becoming a fan was instantaneous. I'm not a big reader but in the moment I'm beginning The Cold Forge. I'm not new to the website, only to the forum. I've been familiar with it since AvP hit theaters and I started searching for places online to feed me content. In the comics I'm only familiar to some crossovers (over here in Brazil Alien & Predator comics are very niche) like Aliens vs Predator vs Witchblade vs The Darkness (the one with the female yautja), Judge Dredd vs Aliens and the second Batman vs Aliens. I like their artwork mostly, stories are okay-ish. In games I struggled with a Windows 98 to play the first AvP game and was absolutely terrified of the predator sounds. Years later I got a better PC and played a lot of AvP 2. Most recently I've played Alien: Isolation (I'm still escaping the hive though) but I'm a huge fan of the game. Recently Predator: Hunting Grounds was free on PlayStation Plus and I've played it for a while but the servers are very much deserted in South America. Good game though. Through all of 2020 I've been the MUTHUR of an Alien RPG campaign for some close friends who have never watched Alien (it's so famous that they feel they don't need which pains me to the core) and I expect to give it a closure next week. Now if we're talking about the movies then I'm a huuuge nerdy cinephile about them. I have mixed feelings about the prequels because I've studied biophysics in college for some time and those are NOT very good scientists lol. I really like Aliens and Alien 3 (my head canon is my bible) and as a child I was a big fan of Alien Resurrection. I remember I was 8 when it went to TV and I was at school talking about it with friends. I'm a fan of the podcast and I'd love to be a guest someday (forgive me for inviting myself). Anyway, that's it! Love your content!

luckymerc

Hi folks, I'm Merc. Been a big fan of Aliens and Predator since seeing Aliens back when I was around 3-4 years old (like how Simply_Kevin said, my dad was kinda irresponsible, but the best guy ever for showing me that movie)! I then went on to collect as many of the Dark Horse Comics as I could (I still have all my issues and TPB's), all the novels (especially the Steve & Stephanie Perry novels, such as The Female War trilogy) and the Kenner action figures (unfortunately, they've all gone now). And even going to the Alien War experience a few times back in the mid 1990's in London. Anyone remember that?

I'm currently a content creator, uploading frequent Aliens and Predator gameplays on my YouTube channel, as well as dedicating Saturday evenings (UK time) solely streaming just Aliens and Predator games on my Twitch channel. My goal is to make content (stream and/or create ameplay videos) on literally every single Aliens game and Predator game out there. This also includes fan-made games such as Alien: Hope For The Future, Aliens: Obliteration, Aliens: Damnation and many, many more. A lot of the folks who come to my streams are not familiar with the franchises, but as they see that I'm extremely taken by it and it makes me happy, they also get to learn about it along the way, so it's always a win-win.

I can only hope to meet some cool individuals on here and continue to learn more of the franchises, as you know what they say, every day is a school day. Ciao for now.

TheGreenSolution

Hello merc!

luckymerc

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to our new members! Always a pleasure to see fellow fans make their way to our little corner of the internet! Please remember to have a read of the rules - they're pretty self-explanatory. Any questions, please free free to PM a mod. And I look forward to seeing you all get stuck in!  ;D

ahmad_

ahmad_

Hi I'm Ahmad I'm from Malaysia I will upload some pictures and info about SFX Coaster formerly Alien VS Predator theme at Genting Skyworlds theme park formerly 20th Century Fox World Malaysia

Darwinsgirl

Welcome Ahmad

Looking forward to seeing your theme park pictures. 8)

ByotchBeng

Hello all. Name is Erin. Used to be on game gossip, decided to join the forum to reach out to past members and I also enjoy both franchises. This is an awesome forum with many fascinating topics and really interesting people. Thanks for having me here. Hope you all stay safe and well. 

Master Chief

Welcome aboard, new recruits!  Enjoy the site!

Don't forget to check out the Forum Rules / Help FAQ.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: ByotchBeng on Feb 25, 2022, 08:01:44 PM
Hello all. Name is Erin. Used to be on game gossip, decided to join the forum to reach out to past members and I also enjoy both franchises. This is an awesome forum with many fascinating topics and really interesting people. Thanks for having me here. Hope you all stay safe and well. 

There's a few of us here. Good to have you around.

ByotchBeng

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 25, 2022, 08:48:55 PM

There's a few of us here. Good to have you around.
;D that's awesome! Thanks, cancerblack.

Corporal Hicks

Welcome Erin! Always happy to see more GameGossipers. I used to lurk those boards all the time back in the day!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed