None design changes, it's perfectly as it is
4 (23.5%)
Slight design changes but none too drastic
10 (58.8%)
Major design Changes are ok with me
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author
What do you think about a xenomorph redesign (Read 2,286 times)

Thatguy2068

This thought came to me while I was just looking at the pictures of a xenomorph redesign, what would the community be OK with any changes to the xenomorph. Like are you OK with big changes to the xenomorph design like having no biomechanical within it or Slight differences like Digiti leg

SM

Major changes are pointless because it stops being a Xenomorph.

SiL

Little changes are fine, but I'd say even what we got in AR onwards was a bridge too far.

The Shuriken

A Xenomorph without biomechanical skin was already done, in Alien Resurrection.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

In Resurrection they look malformed and in pain, cancerous even, in Covenant it looks stripped down to the bare essentials of just skin and bones, but in a more traditional silhouette, ultimately I am ready for the biomechanical again.

Local Trouble

NGL, I'd be interested in seeing a biomechanical runner.

BlueMarsalis79

I think the Runner falls somewhere between the biomechanical and the decidedly not of later films, conversely it is the Warrior I might like to see in that style.

After all, the other forms of the Alien, do not look biomechanical at all, you have a disconnect between the progeny and the adults.

Thatguy2068

So something like this

I use a image of Alex Vasin Link to his Profile Alien runner 3d model and a image of a alien warrior head statue from SideShow Link to their website

Could it be better?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not remotely, I more meant the overall inclusion of muscles, sinews and flesh in addition to the biomechanical across the whole design. As for the execution, stapling a head on to an unrelated design, never a good idea. That beside I can say without exaggeration that I hate Alex Vasin's 3D model, it's ugly and very poorly proportioned. Much prefer this stuff: 

This guy gets it:

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 25, 2023, 02:10:44 PMNot remotely, I more meant the overall inclusion of muscles, sinews and flesh in addition to the biomechanical across the whole design. As for the execution, stapling a head on to an unrelated design, never a good idea. That beside I can say without exaggeration that I hate Alex Vasin's 3D model, it's ugly and very poorly proportioned. Much prefer this stuff: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhDWXJJ9i9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePGzPdKMcR0
This guy gets it:
https://img1.cgtrader.com/items/2757779/0033e212af/dog-alien-sculptures-and-bust-fanart-collection-3d-model-obj-stl.jpg

Oh ok, I'm sorry for misunderstanding your point

426Buddy

The creature already gets redesigned for every film

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 25, 2023, 04:22:17 AMNGL, I'd be interested in seeing a biomechanical runner.
So something like this or does it need some adjustment.

Art by Titanoser
Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 25, 2023, 04:40:58 PMThe creature already gets redesigned for every film
Your not wrong

BlueMarsalis79

:laugh:

The humanoid skull.

Poor man just can't escape...

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 25, 2023, 05:08:26 PM:laugh:

The humanoid skull.

Poor man just can't escape...
Hey he wants something biomechanical so I gave him something biomechanical 

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 25, 2023, 04:22:17 AMNGL, I'd be interested in seeing a biomechanical runner.

Giger's design (the one with Michelle Pfeiffer's lips) is arguably that, I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed