Who you worship the Internecivus Raptus (Xenomorph) if it existed.

Started by Thatguy2068, Nov 05, 2023, 12:35:29 AM

Author
Who you worship the Internecivus Raptus (Xenomorph) if it existed. (Read 2,457 times)

Still Collating...

Exactly, love Dead Space's approach. When you have a dystopian future, where people are more poor, more in debt, less valued, crew expendable, bigger divide between the haves and have nots, you get more and more desperate people, and more and more will turn to fringe things like cults.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 06, 2023, 11:57:04 PMAnd to answer the OP. Not IRL of course, but if we're roleplaying? Don't know if I'd worship them, though might go there eventually, but I'd be the scientist doing years of research to understand them. Reading wikis about their biology and variants and the Anchorpoint Essays is what got me into the expanded universe after the films since I always was a huge lover of the sciences like Astronomy and Biology.
That is a Interesting take, I agree the xenomorph are probably the best creature in general, as you said the biology is fantastic. But it is a shame that you won't come to be a believer

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 07, 2023, 12:17:54 AMExactly, love Dead Space's approach. When you have a dystopian future, where people are more poor, more in debt, less valued, crew expendable, bigger divide between the haves and have nots, you get more and more desperate people, and more and more will turn to fringe things like cults.
I would actually pay money to see something similar to the dead space awakened dlc

SM

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 06, 2023, 11:30:29 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 06, 2023, 07:55:36 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 05, 2023, 06:54:18 PMOh my God I forgot that novel existed.
So did the characters in the Alien: Covenant novelization.

The characters in the Alien: Covenant novel also forgot the Alien: Covenant movie existed.

And the prefix for their ship included the acronym for United States.

BlueMarsalis79

Take our hands that we may feed you, take our eyes that we may see you, take our minds that we may serve you; we will live forever.

Thatguy2068

Hey guys there's some rotten eggs in my house can you come and check it out

Immortan Jonesy

happypred

Linguafoeda acheronsis beats Internecivus raptus by a country mile

BlueMarsalis79

They both f**king suck. Especially because the mention of Acheron no longer makes sense.

Plagiarus praepotens ftw tho

SM

Never liked Linguafoeda. Raptus is much better.

Thatguy2068

How about the nameless

SM

The Nameless is a name.

Thatguy2068

Would have been better if it was done by a real artist

happypred

A bit of an aside...

Outside the first and second films, Aliens Apocalyse The Destroying Angels is the best cosmic mystery-horror take on Linguafoeda/Raptus, if you can get over the balding flabby space jockey

Local Trouble

At least it has elephant man.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed