[Updated] The Story Behind The Aliens vs. Predator Animated Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 15, 2023, 05:04:14 PM

Author
[Updated] The Story Behind The Aliens vs. Predator Animated Series! (Read 21,782 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah sometimes the meat with potatoes is not in the main dish, so I can relate😅

Xiggz456

Wow what a shame that a fully completed AVP project is just sitting in on a hard drive. I'm sure we'll see it eventually but probably not until after Romulus and the TV series release  :'(

xenotaris

Disney should just sell off the Alien and Predator franchises to a BETTER studio. Perhaps Sony or Warner Bros

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: xenotaris on May 16, 2023, 05:36:15 PMDisney should just sell off the Alien and Predator franchises to a BETTER studio. Perhaps Sony or Warner Bros

I'm not one to really come out swinging in defense of Disney or literally any other major corporation, but... 20th Century Studios' (under Disney) one stab at Alien/Predator so far in Prey has been a pretty resounding success, and this AVP animated project was originally shelved under Fox, pre-Disney sale.

I'm all for breaking up the major studios in general, though. They're all way too big.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Considering the dialogue from The Package,
Spoiler
We make our own luck, don't we John?
[close]
I kinda expect we would have got something along the lines of "Whoever win maybe not them, won't be us"

Quote from: xenotaris on May 16, 2023, 05:36:15 PMDisney should just sell off the Alien and Predator franchises to a BETTER studio. Perhaps Sony or Warner Bros

Better studio, or Sony or Warner? Pick one. f**king LOL

xenotaris

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 16, 2023, 06:52:38 PMConsidering the dialogue from The Package,
Spoiler
[close]
I kinda expect we would have got something along the lines of "Whoever win maybe not them, won't be us"

Better studio, or Sony or Warner? Pick one. f**king LOL

Okay I picked one, Warner Bros.

kwisatz

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Pre-Zaslav, WB was probably the studio that I most trusted to consistently keep putting out massive tentpole films from really interesting directors and be relatively hands-off and allow the filmmakers to just do their thing.

Right now, I'm just hoping they don't find some way to botch the releases of Dune: Part Two and Furiosa.

Some Old Dude

Warner bros has a man who held csa themed parties, attended by literal child predators with their victims, where he encouraged the simulation of csa making a Superman movie. Hell no.

I'd be down for Apple to take over if Disney gets desperate. Their sci fi shows are incredible.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 16, 2023, 06:52:38 PMConsidering the dialogue from The Package,
Spoiler
[close]

He didn't write The Package. That was Dai Sato.

xenotaris

Quote from: Some Old Dude on May 17, 2023, 03:52:07 AM

Warner bros has a man who held csa themed parties, attended by literal child predators with their victims, where he encouraged the simulation of csa making a Superman movie. Hell no.

I'd be down for Apple to take over if Disney gets desperate. Their sci fi shows are incredible.

CSA?

[cancerblack]

Judging by the content and context of the post, he means Child Sexual Abuse. Considering how vile Hollywood and rich people are in general it seems like an odd thing to go after WB for specifically, for the one person in question, without calling out the rest - but, whatever.

xenotaris

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 17, 2023, 09:52:41 AMJudging by the content and context of the post, he means Child Sexual Abuse. Considering how vile Hollywood and rich people are in general it seems like an odd thing to go after WB for specifically, for the one person in question, without calling out the rest - but, whatever.
We have a thread dedicated to Indiana Jones despite Harrison Ford being bff with a convicted child molester

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Can't they just let go of the failures of the AVP films already?! Its been 20 years now, like goddammit we can start clean and make something cool now with the AVP content. The expanded media still keeps it alive and people still have interest in the separate continuities.

Not to mention audiences hunger for mature animated features like Primal, Netflix Castlevania, League of Legends: Arcane, Cyberpunk, ect. Its more of a lost investment having it rot in the vault, why hold on to it any longer than it should be? If they fear the failure of the past, then why bother making a full season in the first place? 

Makes me wanna chew wood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed