[SPOILERS] Why can't David and Shaw leave PARADISE?

Started by CainsSon, Apr 15, 2017, 05:36:02 PM

Author
[SPOILERS] Why can't David and Shaw leave PARADISE? (Read 3,745 times)

Stanley

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 17, 2017, 07:44:03 PM
It took Shaw and David the better part of a week to get the f**k off of LV223. If there is one thing we know about these aliens it is that it does not take a week for them to hatch. At worse a day. That Deacon was out and about before they left LV223.

Sure they grow inhumanly fast.   But both Shaw and David KNOW this and that it is an issue, since they know the Engineer had a date. 

Infected

Quote from: Stanley on Apr 18, 2017, 12:16:51 AM
It took Shaw and David the better part of a week to get the f**k off of LV223. If there is one thing we know about these aliens it is that it does not take a week for them to hatch. At worse a day. That Deacon was out and about before they left LV223.

Sure they grow inhumanly fast.   But both Shaw and David KNOW this and that it is an issue, since they know the Engineer had a date.
How would they know this? its the first encounter of a xeno that saw the light and they werent there to witness it, so its impossible for them to know this, Shaw could assume it but i dont think she went back to check on the engineer to see if he was pregnant, and if she did, and the deacon came out of the engineer at that moment, well f**k me talking about bad luck :D

@ x-m-x: A dog can smell very good, who knows what instincts a xeno has to find prey, maybe the deacon smelled them from the beginning of his birth.

whiterabbit

They wouldn't have known about the Deacon, hell we still don't even know what the Hammerpede was doing while inside of Milburn. He could also have had an alien inside of him. Heck, maybe the thing that killed the engineers were nesting at one of the other temples. So many possibilities.

x-M-x

Nah, it would without question head towards the meat. Let's face it. There's nothing in them thar hills and no Alien needs nothing.

No proof/evidence of that at all. (it's clearly obvious the thing was born when david and shaw already left)

(IT'S VERY OBVIOUS)

That creature is dead now... unless it can go without food/water for 10 years.

Quote from: Infected on Apr 18, 2017, 07:48:58 AM
@ x-m-x: A dog can smell very good, who knows what instincts a xeno has to find prey, maybe the deacon smelled them from the beginning of his birth.

Yea it can, but how far was that lifeboat to the next building? (not the one where the engineer was) the other one... that was a fair bit away.... (plus they already left when it was born)

Even if it had a smell/hint of human... means nothing shes gone with david lol...

Infected

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 18, 2017, 08:58:36 AM

Nah, it would without question head towards the meat. Let's face it. There's nothing in them thar hills and no Alien needs nothing.

No proof/evidence of that at all. (it's clearly obvious the thing was born when david and shaw already left)

(IT'S VERY OBVIOUS)

That creature is dead now... unless it can go without food/water for 10 years.

Quote from: Infected on Apr 18, 2017, 07:48:58 AM

Yea it can, but how far was that lifeboat to the next building? (not the one where the engineer was) the other one... that was a fair bit away.... (plus they already left when it was born)

Even if it had a smell/hint of human... means nothing shes gone with david lol...
Yeah well in A New Hope we also thought the empire was defeated, it was portrait in the same way as the deacon scene and the juggernaut flying away.

BUT, if you lay down the facts, its impossible that Shaw and David figured out so fast how to operate one ship, with a small human like Shaw.
Second of all, didnt they come across obstacles in the other temple, its without a doubt not possible to do all that prepping in one single day, i have to go with Whiterabbit on this, it will take at least a few days to get started and take off.
And how long does David function without his body, he must have head major power fluxations.

Stanley

They wouldn't know much about the Deacon, but David may have more knowledge than Shaw there.

Both would know that all of the encounters with goop, the Engineers, or the aliens turned out bad though.  And without much delay.

They also don't know much about the Engineers and whether others could awaken or arrive after the Prometheus crashed into a Juggernaut.   

The Engineer could have "called home" or even his ship routing and function could have alerted others.

The safest thing to do is to leave. 

NattyDread

NattyDread

Hi everyone been long time reader of site.  What she been eating (Shaw) for all this time? 2000 year old frozen jockey food??

Infected

Quote from: Stanley on Apr 18, 2017, 12:32:59 PM
They wouldn't know much about the Deacon, but David may have more knowledge than Shaw there.

Both would know that all of the encounters with goop, the Engineers, or the aliens turned out bad though.  And without much delay.

They also don't know much about the Engineers and whether others could awaken or arrive after the Prometheus crashed into a Juggernaut.   

The Engineer could have "called home" or even his ship routing and function could have alerted others.

Yes, but how fast could they leave.

CainsSon

Quote from: NattyDread on Apr 18, 2017, 02:38:06 PM
Hi everyone been long time reader of site.  What she been eating (Shaw) for all this time? 2000 year old frozen jockey food??
Psst!
Cornbread.

cliffhanger

Le Celticant

Quote from: Infected on Apr 18, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

I don't know how fast but if I was in this situation, I would pressurize the ship and close all hatch instantly once I get in.
I'm sure it doesn't take genius to close a door and pressurize the ship with David able to give the right informations.
Piloting is an entire other thing, I agree.

I don't see Scott kill shaw with the deacon, sounds too stupid and obvious.
It lacks meaning behind it and he loves to play with biblical references.
Could be another Moses in space, she was promised something but tell after she'll never see the land.
But I believe she did and it wasn't as expected. I also think David isn't responsible for her death.
I think she dies because the ship crash, inderectly because of David or the Engineer or the Sub Specie whatever you wanna call it.
But not directly, would be too obvious like Weyland.

Stanley

Quote from: Infected on Apr 18, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

Much depends on the Deacon's intution or tracking skills or inherited memories.   See..where the Deacon emerges, the closest pyramid won't contain David and Shaw.   Plus the crash site and Juggernaut to explore.   David and Shaw went to the Next Pyramid, something like a mile past the first one.   Hopefully the wind obscured their vehicle tracks.  And the crashed Juggernaut and the first pyramid have many signs of recent occupation.   So that could keep the Deacon busy for a long time. 

I think that Shaw being no dummy and well aware of the bio-tech would also be quite concerned she herself is infected from squiddie.   It does not take much?   But she might want to go back to Vicker's ship to get the med pod?

cliffhanger

by the looks of it, the juggernaut arrives rather fast at the planet, seeing it steps out of some hyperspace-like superspeed when breaking through the clouds. that suggests the travel time probably will be not that long. Then we need to remember david's head is not connected to this body. we see from the holograms shaw knows what she's doing operating the table so we can assume she's capable of piloting the ship somehow, so it's not david who flies the plane.

Somebody reattaches david's head, he can't do it himself obviously. We also see david unleashes the payload on the planet, so he has been 'fixed' meanwhile and somehow is motivated to bomb the planet. i assume the payload will be dropped upon the buildings, and the crowd will flee into the centre circle and then somehow get burnt like a crisp. shaw taking off in a ship that will cause it's engines to kill the citizens? just inventing stuff here.

You can't convine me that the black goo all of a sudden becomes a sort of napalm substance, so i don't think the black goo will murder the citizens.
Another weapon that David fires off however, is another thing to ponder about though. I remember some mentions of lightning.

but getting back to the op.......nowhere is it stated they are stranded or marooned. there's a difference in being on a planet for a reason and not being able to leave. LV-223 had a bunch of ships parked, they could leave easily. There is no reason to assume there wouldn't be something similar to the paradise planet especially seeing there's another differently configured ship in the tv spots, so little chance they could not leave in any way.

Im also sure that the information will be there how they invented this form of travel (magnetism somehow) and david can read the stuff so he'll find out in a whim and then you're almost there already.

again, the question is, A) will shaw actually be still on the planet and alive? and B) who says then shaw is still on the planet and not already left, not knowing there's a facehugger aboard and she will crash into lv-426 at some point, and C) how on earth did people reason that they are stranded?

because shaw send a distress call? well, it remains  to see if it's actually that. a message is something different than a distress call. she also sent a message whilst on lv-223. she's not there anymore for 10 years.

rabidranger

I think it's likely Shaw has been in stasis. Wouldn't surprise if she had additional side effects from the black goo that started to manifest themselves upon being awoken.

SpeedyMaxx

I actually think having Shaw have a third act awakening (a la the Engineer/Sleeper in Prometheus) and turning out to have become some sort of horrific Typhoid Mary (due to exposure to the Engineer mutagen or whatever) even David can't control would've been a cool twist. But it's not happening.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed