The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 324,232 times)

Rated-rsuperstar

Did he even play multiplayer? Where's any mention of any of the modes. Survivor mode is a game unto itself but it's nowhere to be seen in his review.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Quote from: XenoVC on Feb 06, 2010, 12:08:32 AM

"Live off the fumes of two dormant franchises." haha

Apparently someone hasnt heard of the third predator installment or ya know Ridley F***ING Scott's new alien movie. Or you know, Aliens: CM.... Oh and Neca is releasing a new line of Predator toys, and SideShow is going to release their aliens maquette in a few weeks...

Ya totally f***ing dormant.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: InfestedGoat on Feb 06, 2010, 12:14:59 AM
Quote from: XenoVC on Feb 06, 2010, 12:08:32 AM

"Live off the fumes of two dormant franchises." haha

Apparently someone hasnt heard of the third predator installment or ya know Ridley F***ING Scott's new alien movie. Or you know, Aliens: CM.... Oh and Neca is releasing a new line of Predator toys, and SideShow is going to release their aliens maquette in a few weeks...

Ya totally f***ing dormant.

Adding to that,the new AvP,Alien, and Predator comics.  ;D

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Quote from: XenoVC on Feb 06, 2010, 12:16:25 AM

Adding to that,the new AvP,Alien, and Predator comics.  ;D

Ugh... you had to remind me about the pinchers  >:(... but i guess that for another thread

plagiarize

plagiarize

for me i think the thing that made this review easy to ignore was when he said that the marine's motion detector makes the game less scary. hahahaha.

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Rated-rsuperstar on Feb 06, 2010, 12:12:14 AM
Did he even play multiplayer? Where's any mention of any of the modes. Survivor mode is a game unto itself but it's nowhere to be seen in his review.

NOOB REVIEWER. Seriously. I posted this in the other topic.

Pretty noob review if you ask me. It seems he was the type of kid growing up hating avp and praising batman. I would expect more from a high class journalism outlet like GI. They probably gave the madden sports guy this game to review. I mean if the game is 5.75 bad (it can't be) then it is what it is. Howeve,r even a bad game needs a professional review. Give it some curtesy!!!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Empire Magazine give it a good review, and I would careless if game informer did not like it or not.

gl0ry

gl0ry

I'm really disheartened that the game is getting a bad reputation already.  It's such a great game and it has ignited my desires for playing FPS games again.  I'm really tired of these rehashed war FPS games.  It's been so long since I've played a good, unique, fps game.  (TF2 and L4D 1/2 are both unique also, but they're no where near as fun as avp to me)

I haven't been able to take an FPS game seriously since Quake 2/3.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The game only got two reviews so far IIRC. The game is not out until another week or two. I love the  predator was too stealthy part since Preds always been based on stealth. He must know nothing about the series.

Big Head Ninja

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 06, 2010, 03:27:09 AM
The game only got two reviews so far IIRC. The game is not out until another week or two. I love the  predator was too stealthy part since Preds always been based on stealth. He must know nothing about the series.

Who else reviewed the game? I though Game Informer was, unfortunately, the first.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

This is made even more pathetic by how he uses the example of the original movies as masterpieces when it seems like he's either never seen them (and therefore can't use them as a basis for comparison) or didn't understand a thing about them.

dude63

dude63

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 06, 2010, 03:30:08 AM

This is made even more pathetic by how he uses the example of the original movies as masterpieces when it seems like he's either never seen them (and therefore can't use them as a basis for comparison) or didn't understand a thing about them.

THANK YOU!!! It seems they gave the sports guy this review. Here is the points I have found in the poor review

Predator is stealthy(obviosuly never watched predator 1 = fail)

linear design (hey tardfrick not everything is going to be open world. I seems to remember you praising cod's linear design)

Alien climbing on walls (wtf is this bs)

motion sickness(well..its common that its not usually seen in gaming)

flashlight not being usefull enough (ZOMG, really! So you want the game to kiss your @#% every second)

Motion tracker is annoying (Who the @#$% did they give this review to? Solja boy? Probably didn't realise there is flares)

Multiplayer doesn't feel fresh (okay, well its obviously he didn't botherp laying past deathmatch. In what other game can you play as a pred or alien

My conclusion on this review and/or reviewer is they hated that avp tryed something new. IT didn't follow the standard spf shooter medium. Because of this we have a biased reviewers with a 8 pound waterhead. And half a stick of bs up his @#@$%. I would expect more froma professional reviewer. Opinions are opinions. However, even with eveyrones opinion they have to be well thought out...especially for a journalist. Nothing was well thought out here..not even the wording.

I will buy this still and I hope its as good as the actual avp community is making it out to be. If the avp community enjoys it then I should as well.

gl0ry

gl0ry

It's not just reviews alone.  Many people on forums are criticizing the game, although I do believe mots of them are criticizing it because they get beat up.  Everyone wants to play some rehashed war game now a days, sigh.

Actually as far as motion sickness goes, AVP doesn't give it to me at all.  Half-life 2 however, destroys me.  I get nausea in about 15-20 minutes in that game.  If I keep playing I will throw up.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm pretty sure IGN or Gamestop will like it. If IGN likes crap like Monster House for the GBA, then they should like AVP. I like Gametrailers reviews better since they do a better job when it comes to reviews.

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 06, 2010, 03:35:17 AM
I like Gametrailers reviews better since they do a better job when it comes to reviews.

Totally agree on that! They do a great job. Even though they have never done written reviews. I don't think they have too. Their well produced well thought out video reviews make up for it.

To the gi reviewer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed