The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 324,251 times)

Corporal Hicks

They didn't blame them. Just said the game wasn't where they wanted it so they've given it more development time. That, to me, is logical and shows care for the properties. They could have rushed it and sent it out anyway and then how chuffed would you have been?

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 10:46:47 PM
They didn't blame them. Just said the game wasn't where they wanted it so they've given it more development time. That, to me, is logical and shows care for the properties. They could have rushed it and sent it out anyway and then how chuffed would you have been?

Okay then. I am happy but we still never got to really hear about it. For all we know it was something that Sega just did not like and we might have loved it or it could have been the exact opposite. Either way I just want AvP3 to come out so we have a hopefully fun game to play while most of us ALIENS fans wait for A:CM.

Corporal Hicks

You have the marine campaign in AvP3. It's tight.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 10:52:50 PM

I hope so. I am actually not really worried about the Marine campaign. More so about the Predator campaign being over kill and the Xeno one have story elements I dislike.

Brother

Brother

The general info/rumor or what ever out there was that A:CM is pushed back to give AvP space.

We can only speculate if A:CM would have been ready in time etc. And we don't know what "in time" means for A:CM, it doesn't necessarily means O1 2010. And AvP has been in production longer than A:CM.

On the side, Borderline is doing great, sales and critics.

ikarop

ikarop

Let's try to keep it on the propper thread please.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=23289.0

Plus this short preview about the campaigns from IGN.

Space Voyager

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 10:52:50 PM
Nah, no team play in AvP.

Eldritch

Eldritch

http://www.fz.se/artiklar/20091031/aliens-vs-predator

It's in Swedish. I might translate it at another time. But I wanted to highlight one particular thing where they talk about Survivor:

Many have obviously asked for a cooperative mode where the goal is to withstand an endless stream of enemies, will this be part of the game?

Yes, you will be able to cooperate with friends to kill waves of aliens that storm you.

No predators?

No. We noticed that the AI preferred to keep their distance and snipe players, which wasn't particularly entertaining. Instead, each wave of aliens comes with a less delay than the previous, so if you do not manage to clean up the previous wave you will have to deal with a tough situation in a matter of seconds. Especially when the ammunition is out in the dark corridors, which means you will have to run into the darkness to not be without it.

So... they decided to skip predators for Survivor because they "kept their distance" and that was not entertaining. I'd say that would be scary as HELL!! First having to deal up close with aliens only to see a red light in your face before you die. I'd find that truly entertaining.

I hope they will reconsider and add predator AI to Survivor :)

newbeing

newbeing

Interesting. It's the first instance where they've mentioned predator AI. I'd personally like to see it in some of the survivor maps too. Oh well.

Big Head Ninja

Probably not, if the Preds were behaving in a camp-like manner it would prove to be frustrating to have a bunch of Preds kicking back and constantly launching plasma bolts at you. Maybe if they altered the Preds in Survivor to get more up close and personal, they could serve as rarer but tougher enemies. Imagine seeing the bending light coming your way and frantically telling your friends a Pred's about to rip into you! Would make players pay more attention to spot the cloaking every now and then.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Yeah, I find it really funny that they say "We noticed that the predator AI preferred to..." when it is Rebellion that created it themselves. They can just as "easily" (AI is not easy, believe me) modify it to be "entertaining" (in their eyes) and well suited for Survivor.

Big Head Ninja

Quote from: Eldritch on Dec 14, 2009, 01:12:34 PM
Yeah, I find it really funny that they say "We noticed that the predator AI preferred to..." when it is Rebellion that created it themselves.

Well, that's why they call it Artificial Intelligence ;D Perhaps a sign the AI will be fairly dynamic in this game? We've already heard about Marines trying to track you down if they become aware of your presence as an Alien, perhaps the Preds can change their tactics up a bit too.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Yes, of course, but Rebellion still defined the rules for the AI. It's not like it is a self-learning AI. If it is, that'd put AvP as the most advanced game out there, but I highly doubt it.

Nevertheless, it would still be great to have predators in the mix as well, no matter if they stood on a distance or moved up close. Just throw in a few at a time, starting with 1 and increasing by 1 for each 3rd alien wave or something..

Brother

Brother

Waves of preds? Well then maybe we should have alien in "Predator hunt".

Eldritch

Eldritch

Not wave. Just a single pred in the mix, and it increases. Maybe max 3 preds during an alien wave.

Heh.. alien in Predator Hunt? Are you stupid?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed