The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 325,631 times)

Dusk

Dusk

Hmm... using motion controls to simulate claws? Now that would be interesting.

affinity

affinity

they are crazy to give motion control a thumbs up. but I think that is not their honest opinion.
they just want to be on innovators' good side when it comes to new technology.

Motion control killed the Wii for me.  SSBBrawl would be unfun and unplayable if it didn't support the gamecube controller. and even New Super Mario Wii is annoying with some movements requiring moving the wiimote a certain way.

and motion control without a controller is even WORSE. (even Nintendo rejects the idea.  but
I still blame them for starting this stupid trend that would ruin the industry if games made these things mandatory.  Whether it's a wiimote or hands free.)

Motion control will never be as perfect, responsive and accurate like a handheld digital controller.

Motion control also forces people to play games for less hours, which means less fun and more fatigue/tiredness.   If people want exercise they shouldn't want games to turn into that.

A lot of people don't even have room to be using some motion control to play a game.   motion control can lead to accidents, broken furniture and even fights between siblings.   

It would also escalate frustation in gaming.  as well as dumb down/simplify game design further.

ikarop

ikarop

More MP previews, this time at Xbox360achievements.

affinity

affinity

that preview is pretty good in that despite the criticisms, they turn the tables and explain why things are the way they are and why that's a good thing.

The only thing they didn't contest as a good idea was the Marine balancing.  They still think the Marines are too weak compared to the other species.  But like they said, Marines work best in numbers and that's the way it should be.  And they confirm Marines with skill can still kill Aliens and Predators, so they are probably just overwhelmed by the advantages of the other 2 species.    It's just one of their casual habits of wanting to feel "super" instead of trying to pronounce something difficult to them like "teamwork" and winning as the underdogs.

Plus Marines arsenal is really underrated.  they already have the tools to possibly be the one left standing.

ikarop

ikarop

Three new interviews with Dave Brickley at SpongPlay.tm & Strategyinformer.

Edit:

IGN's new multiplayer preview here.

Also, CONSOL featured a special issue for AvP:

Scans: http://yfrog.com/08consolspecialaliensvsprjx

There's nothing really new there expect for the screens but there's something interesting on Chris Kingsley's interview:

QuoteAre there more actors from the movies?
Yes, I won't say whom or in what role but there are guarantees for one or two more cameos.

We only know about one which was revealed in our preview.

Dusk

Dusk

hmm... one or two more cameos? It would be great if Weyland would be watching some old video logs of Ripley talking about the Alien. I wonder who else could make a good cameo. Seeing Dutrch on a Monitor screen would be great too, since his encounter with the Predator would be the first ever documented. Or maybe some of the other survivors from the AvP Movies? Miss Yutani could even get a mention.

Zephon

Zephon

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 29, 2010, 12:23:40 AM
hmm... one or two more cameos? It would be great if Weyland would be watching some old video logs of Ripley talking about the Alien. I wonder who else could make a good cameo. Seeing Dutrch on a Monitor screen would be great too, since his encounter with the Predator would be the first ever documented. Or maybe some of the other survivors from the AvP Movies? Miss Yutani could even get a mention.

If I show a video of an actor doing his acting from like 10 years ago. Would I have to pay that actor? Just wondering. I assume you do..

Puks

Puks

QuoteRebellion keen on AvP motion control support at CVG.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Puks on Jan 29, 2010, 12:43:08 AM
QuoteRebellion keen on AvP motion control support at CVG.

http://turbid.com/images/goofy/do_not_want-dog.jpg

It would obviously be an optional feature similar to what they are doing with the Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition.

predalien27

predalien27

I actually want motion control!  I have a PS3 and I would like something minimal like as in LittleBigPlanet you just move your head.  Would be nice to not have a large part of gameplay built around it, but as I said before, something small to utilize the Sixaxis controller. I'm against the "wand" and Natal.

Dusk

Dusk

RE5 uses a combination of Motion Wand and gamepad I think. Just like the Wii uses the remote and nunchuck. The Motion Wand could probably be used for more accurate aiming.

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 28, 2010, 03:57:13 PM
Hm... I guess you mean Lance's character ? Yeah, that's one, but how about the fact William Hope is voicing a character too ? Maybe that's the second cameo he's talking about.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: WeaN on Jan 29, 2010, 12:50:25 AM
Hm... I guess you mean Lance's character ? Yeah, that's one, but how about the fact William Hope is voicing a character too ? Maybe that's the second cameo he's talking about.
But if you count him as the one he was talking about then there could still be one more.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: predalien27 on Jan 29, 2010, 12:53:42 AM
Quote from: WeaN on Jan 29, 2010, 12:50:25 AM
But if you count him as the one he was talking about then there could still be one more.

Actually in their preview the reveal the actor that played Gorman in Aliens will be lending his voice. So there is one more mystery cameo.

ikarop

ikarop

Well don't get your hopes up to high yet as it isn't for certain. Maybe William and Lance are the only ones in the game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed