The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 325,632 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I also submitted a letter to the editor in cheif of GameInformer telling him what I thought of Ben Reeves review.

Xhan

Xhan

For all the good it'll do. Welcome to what a non-fan is going to say about the game.

UltimateBadass

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 05, 2010, 11:14:22 PM
Mr. Ben Revees, please get laid.

Thanks for the scan Darkness!

LOL, well said sir!

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 06, 2010, 04:47:41 AM
For all the good it'll do. Welcome to what a non-fan is going to say about the game.

Even as a non fan. The ydidn't look at it on a projective scale. They just said..yea climbing on walls @#$% that crap. The whole vibe the review gave was "screw this, it trys something new and I don't like it..im gonna go play cod".

Xhan

Xhan

It's the court of opinion. It doesn't have to be fair, rational or balanced. It just has to excite reading and engender purchases.

That Yellow Alien

So a reviewer doesn't like a game and suddenly he is a horrible person who needs to get laid?

I'm having flashbacks to early reviews of AVPR.

Big Head Ninja

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Feb 06, 2010, 07:14:07 AM
So a reviewer doesn't like a game and suddenly he is a horrible person who needs to get laid?

I think the anger is directed at the generally unprofessional way the review was written, as well as some pretty stupid points (Predator campaign too stealthy, motion tracker being annoying etc.)

ikarop

ikarop

Nope, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's my opinion about his work. He doesn't have a solid argument, the review is plain & simple, also completly unprofesional. Besides the guy sounds uptight and angry.

Sbm76

Sbm76

I doubt the game is this bad. They even gave Avatar a better score. The review feels kind of rushed. Pretty much everything he complains about is nonsense. Judging from the demo the Alien movement, flashlight and Predator does not suck at all. I don't expect this game to get scores like 9 or so, but this review is just ridiculous.

Anyhow, thanks for the scanned review!!

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Well, duh, of course wall-walking is disorienting. You're defying f**king gravity. Get used to it. What a dipshit.

Heavens Cloud

Heavens Cloud

Yeah, that is the stupidest review i'v ever seen, it's like a first impreesion on the game, when your use to it, it's damn good but this guy is still complaining about noob things.

Sylizar

Sylizar

Whether it matters or not, I'm sending a message straight to Reeves himself.

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

lmao too stealthy and motion tracker annoying? wtf? I can't even understand the point of this.

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 06, 2010, 07:50:52 AM

Nope, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's my opinion about his work. He doesn't have a solid argument, the review is plain & simple, also completly unprofesional. Besides the guy sounds uptight and angry.

Unfortunately, that is the majority of GI writing staff nowadays and then again, there reviews have ALWAYS been just about useless as they are usually maybe a few paragraphs.

However, I usually only read GI nowadays for the 10+ page previews on big/new games, other than that, I don't read it anymore and I actually haven't had a new subscription for a few months now.

It just sucks to see my favorite magazine go down the tubes like this, I have huge collection of their old issues dating back to 2001/2002(heheh, I still have that issue where they did that 10+ page spread on Vice City) in which their journalism was pretty good.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

This is why I only read the Power Unlimited (Dutch magazine). If they shit on a game, they do so justly, and with immense hilarity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed