Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 335,567 times)

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2022, 12:44:03 AMJust because there's a justification doesn't mean people have to like the outcome though.

No one ever said that people should...

Personally, I haven't liked any predator designs since predator 2 until now, but even though I didn't like Mr. Black I still thoroughly enjoyed Predators.

SiL

SiL

I know, but a common rebuttal to people not liking the design is "it's meant to look different! It's this, it's that".

Engineer

Engineer

Oh I know. That's exactly the same sort of convo I was on the other side of 12 years ago, and my response was always "yea good movie, good concept. I like the creature diversity it adds, but the design just wasn't my favorite."

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 29, 2022, 04:09:33 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 29, 2022, 03:55:46 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 29, 2022, 04:12:26 AMMaybe he did take more trophies, we just didn't see it because the film kept us with Naru.

I mean it would have been on his person, seeing that he had the snake and wolf skull on him.
Perhaps. Or maybe he left them somewhere safe to pick up later so he wouldn't have too much to carry around. I don't recall seeing jungle hunter carrying around many human skulls on a belt in the first movie, but they do show us he has them stored somewhere safe. Same thing with city hunter.
Plus, there did seem to be an unspecified amount of time that passed while naru was helping adolini before feral showed up. Who knows how long that period of time was; feral could have easily been stringing up bodies and collecting trophies before continuing on his hunt.
Yeah and wouldn't that be a neat thing to see instead of perhaps theorizing it happened? Like how the first two films showed all of that neat stuff. Better to see it in front of me then imagine the Predator doing all of that. Especially since the point of hunting is to collect trophies, then lets see more of that. Like how if I'm hungry, instead of imagining a burger, I just go out and buy one.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 30, 2022, 02:44:52 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 29, 2022, 04:09:33 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 29, 2022, 03:55:46 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 29, 2022, 04:12:26 AMMaybe he did take more trophies, we just didn't see it because the film kept us with Naru.

I mean it would have been on his person, seeing that he had the snake and wolf skull on him.
Perhaps. Or maybe he left them somewhere safe to pick up later so he wouldn't have too much to carry around. I don't recall seeing jungle hunter carrying around many human skulls on a belt in the first movie, but they do show us he has them stored somewhere safe. Same thing with city hunter.
Plus, there did seem to be an unspecified amount of time that passed while naru was helping adolini before feral showed up. Who knows how long that period of time was; feral could have easily been stringing up bodies and collecting trophies before continuing on his hunt.
Yeah and wouldn't that be a neat thing to see instead of perhaps theorizing it happened? Like how the first two films showed all of that neat stuff. Better to see it in front of me then imagine the Predator doing all of that. Especially since the point of hunting is to collect trophies, then lets see more of that. Like how if I'm hungry, instead of imagining a burger, I just go out and buy one.

I don't need to see that stuff, to believe it happened offscreen. I already know why it's hunting, it doesn't need to be explained to me again. So, I guess that's just not something that bothered me much. It's like eating or going to the bathroom; I don't need to see it, to believe it's doing those things too when it needs to.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2022, 01:51:32 AMI know, but a common rebuttal to people not liking the design is "it's meant to look different! It's this, it's that".

That's true 👁🦋👁 👆 sometimes when you don't like something, people think you can't understand it. But guess what, I totally get it and I still don't like it! lol 😂

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 30, 2022, 03:11:21 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2022, 01:51:32 AMI know, but a common rebuttal to people not liking the design is "it's meant to look different! It's this, it's that".

That's true 👁🦋👁 👆 sometimes when you don't like something, people think you can't understand it. But guess what, I totally get it and I still don't like it! lol 😂
Agree. And I've been there. Lol
Also common, and I'm not accusing anyone here of this... people comment why they liked something then others who don't like it chime in as if it was a remark directed to them specifically (which, can lead to a spiraling convo).

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 30, 2022, 03:11:21 AM

"You just don't get it" really needs to die as a defence.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Ya'll just don't get it, ya know?

Spoiler
I jokes
[close]

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

At this point, I just want the mandibles to close properly in that x manner and no big Disney eyes. Not hang in a silly manner like a broken Halloween mask, just proper biological closure of the mandibles over the mouth. That is just my only two check lists for a facial design of the Pred. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah because the criticisms towards the work tend to be overly harsh about the differences and lack of museum-ification

(not yours, necessarily)

SiL

SiL

None of which is going to be swayed with "but it's meant to look like that because reason(s)!"

When people say they want Predators that look like Predators and the response is "but this one is from a different hemisphere! Different climate!" - so what? None of that means it had to look the way it does.

If people are happy with the justification and roll with it, cool. If they're not happy and don't roll with it, also cool.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2022, 07:52:11 PMNone of which is going to be swayed with "but it's meant to look like that because reason(s)!"
This assumes the intention is to sway

Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2022, 07:52:11 PMWhen people say they want Predators that look like Predators and the response is "but this one is from a different hemisphere! Different climate!" - so what? None of that means it had to look the way it does.
Indeed, but again, it all depends on how the opinion is expressed

Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2022, 07:52:11 PMIf people are happy with the justification and roll with it, cool. If they're not happy and don't roll with it, also cool.
Indeed, never claimed the opposite

ace3g

SiL

SiL

Never change Vashi.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed