Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 335,512 times)

Master

Master

Still it's out of character for Predator to take  such copious ammount of damage. Situation from P2, where Predator after taking damage in slaughterhouse, tries to escape into safety, makes it much more believable and living, breathing creature, instead of lumbering unstoppable monster.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah Feral f**king rulez

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I mean, the thing is truly a walking tank. Not much squealing when dealing with damage.

The first two let out painful screams (medkit scenes) and squeals (Jungle Hunter when explosive tip speared by Dutch).

Clicks extremely frequently on the other hand lol.

Engineer

Engineer

Feral screamed when he stepped in the bear trap too.

Some people flee when they get hurt; some stay and fight. That whole fight or flight deal. Feral, maybe because he was "feral," lacked a flight response...

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I forgot about the bear trap. But then again, he had one also on his arm, and he flipped the thing and swung it at a frenchman like it was nothing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Master on Aug 27, 2022, 09:43:47 PMStill it's out of character for Predator to take  such copious ammount of damage.
Feral be like that he's a youngling dying to hunt some good shit

SiL

SiL

It's some Jason monster shit.

Predators aren't space orcs.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Predators can be whatever the character needs for the film.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 28, 2022, 12:54:09 AMPredators can be whatever the character needs for the film.
This

SiL

SiL

So predators are nothing then.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 02:18:57 AMSo predators are nothing then.
No one said that.
They are alien hunters, on safari.
They can be what ever the writers need them to be, because they can be as individualistic as any human.
They can have their own personalities.
They can come from different clans (if you want to believe they live in clans) with different cultures and different morals/honors.
And, they can have varying physical characteristics like humans from different parts of the world.
There's a lot of room for variability in behavior, appearance and technology.

SiL

SiL

When you remove most of the actual hunting and have the thing acting like a generic monster, what's left to call it a Predator?

I feel it's more than cloaks, mandibles and heat vision, but that's about all Feral really has.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 03:01:42 AMWhen you remove most of the actual hunting and have the thing acting like a generic monster, what's left to call it a Predator?

I feel it's more than cloaks, mandibles and heat vision, but that's about all Feral really has.

He's hunting.
He's just doing it in a more animalistic fashion, hence the nickname "feral."
There's more than one way to hunt. Style, technique, and even personal preference play a big part in how things/individuals hunt.
Even the super predators hunted like rich, privileged people by relocating their prey to a game preserve. Obviously that's not a preference of jungle hunter, city hunter or feral.
Some hunters use a gun.
Some use a bow and arrow.
Some use dogs.
Some use hawks.
And, some use knives.
Lots of variety there. So seeing how feral preferred to hunt in a more animalistic fashion than what we've seen before, I don't see how that makes him "nothing." He had a style. It was a preference; but he was still a predator, hunting for sport.

SiL

SiL

After he starts killing humans his style devolves into "walk in, get wrecked, slaughter everything, walk out". That's not really hunting, no.

That's not even "animalistic" - predatory animals would be more cautious and get the f**k out when they started taking damage and realised they were in danger.

The only suitable analogy is a generic movie monster, rambling from carnage to carnage.

I didn't say Feral is nothing; I said that if the Predator can be anything, then a Predator is nothing.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Predators are hunter-warriors, Feral just slid more into the warrior side of things. Nothing is out of the ordinary here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed