Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 335,380 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Really loved the film.
Spoiler
Was surprised at the lack of connection using the pistol, no Greyback
[close]

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 05, 2022, 08:32:30 PMReally loved the film.
Spoiler
Was surprised at the lack of connection using the pistol, no Greyback
[close]
Spoiler
I liked it. I mentioned somewhere else, if we get a Prey sequel I hope the pistol just shows up in a similar way... The Pistol anthology :P 3 totally different predator movies in different eras/locations but the pistol is just hanging about somewhere in the background
[close]

ace3g

ace3g

QuoteA few of my favorite images from PREY, now streaming on HULU. It was a privilege to work along side director @dannytrs , cast members @ambermidthunder @dakota_beavers @dd @stormeeleekipp @tymoncarter_ @skyee.pelletier000 , and producers and crew @thejhane @tysonbreuer @jenn_din @georgebillinger @johnbailie @michael.c.fisher @warleo @alec_gillis @gomyo and amazing color by @jcodybaker_cc #preymovie #predator #hulu

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 05, 2022, 02:31:11 PMHow come I can't download the movie while on my disney+ account ? I know this option exists.

That feature/option isn't always available for every movie/show. This must have been one where they didn't provide that option for some reason, maybe...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 05, 2022, 10:11:46 PMhttps://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1555630769262968837
I don't get this line of thinking. The Predator's behaviour and mannerisms are informed by being a guy in a suit but it's always been worked into a strength, not a weakness. It's change for change's sake

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

As a french speaking Canadian, the only little nitpick I had with Prey was the french trappers' accent(s).

Those accents were totally inconsistent. Some of them had pretty noticable Quebec accents and others had some of the worst french I've ever heard. The syntax was all wrong. It was a bit distracting for me but I bet not a lot of you are ever going to notice it.

Don't get me wrong, this did not affect in any way my enjoyment of the movie.

And that was my little rant for of the day :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think Dan nailed it, I loved the movement and form of Ferals attacks.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Feral_PRED on Aug 05, 2022, 11:28:07 PMAs a french speaking Canadian, the only little nitpick I had with Prey was the french trappers' accent(s).

Those accents were totally inconsistent. Some of them had pretty noticable Quebec accents and others had some of the worst french I've ever heard. The syntax was all wrong. It was a bit distracting for me but I bet not a lot of you are ever going to notice it.

Oh thank God I thought I'd just forgotten more French than I realised.

Nightmare Asylum

Gotta say. I'm pretty disappointed that there are no proper subtitles for the Comanche dub. Only closed captions.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Feral_PRED on Aug 05, 2022, 11:28:07 PMAs a french speaking Canadian, the only little nitpick I had with Prey was the french trappers' accent(s).

I concur. My ears bled a little  :laugh:

Engineer

Engineer

I did NOT notice this lol

But I did notice the mountain lion roar (they don't roar like that lol) and the predators hands totally change half way through the movie.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The french language in this is truly horrendous, trust me on this one.

SiL

SiL

I was reading the French subtitles thinking write my French got worse. And it wasn't amazing to start.

BlueMarsalis79

And I thought the Polish in X-Men Apocalypse had issues...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed