Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 335,147 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Too little changes you get Predators, too many you get The Predator.

Kradan

Kradan

What would be considered "a radical change" ?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 09, 2022, 11:59:56 AMWhat would be considered "a radical change" ?
Giant predators
Predators making a mech suit for humans
Super powered autism
Predators being part human
etc etc etc

Lionhart

Lionhart

Predator with mixed human blood, super preds, giant pred, bulky preds, to many preds at once and so on and on and on. That is not a winning concept.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yep, pretty much. The changes I see in the trailer I like very much for now. But I know I'm watching a predator movie still.

Kradan

Kradan

No, no, no, what I meant was what would be considered "a radical change" apart from things introduced in The Predator because I seriously doubt we'll see any of that in the new movie

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 09, 2022, 11:59:56 AMWhat would be considered "a radical change" ?

Radical to me as far as the creature itself is not being able to tell immediately what it is. Predator has a few very specific design decisions.

- 4 mandibles (one or more may be damaged or missing but it must be from combat)
- Dreadlocks
- Some form of facial protection commonly being an armored mask or an exoskeletal structure like bones or thick hide
- Physically humanoid in body shape, essentially that a human could physically portray them without CGI. No holes in the body structure, it's someone in a suit. (this bars Assassin due to sheer scale as there's no holes in his body shape, but is physically impossible to portray as a man in a suit)
- Vaguely reptilian. Not exactly mammals, not exactly reptiles, but skin texture tends to lean towards reptile.

I've probably missed a few things but every Predator has hit those notes barring Assassin and that's simply because you physically can't do a suit that big. And given ADI has worked on all but one modern Predator I have faith they know what they're doing. We're going to get something different but it's not like we're getting these things.

Whiskeybrewer

Im really excited for Prey

ace3g

ace3g

Quotestefany_mathias
✊🏼 #repost Posted • @1minutecritic Calling all @predator fans! #PreyMovie hits Hulu (Disney+ in Canada) August 5, but we NEED to get this movie into theaters. Join me in calling on @20thcenturystudios and @disneystudios to get Prey onto the BIG SCREEN! @dannytrs @hulu @ambermidthunder @dd @dakota_beavers @stefany_mathias

Use the hashtag:
#PREYforTheatricalRelease
18h

New cast/crew listing

Nelson Leis   ...   Waxed Mustache

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 09, 2022, 08:45:12 AMWell trailers don't mean jack shit to me. Fact is that all predator included avp movies looked good and I remembered how everyone was hyped whenever a trailer dropped for those movies, but then when the movies came out, they all turned out to suck. Fact is that we haven't got any good predator movie since predator 2. I'm definitely going to watch this movie but I'm going in prepared to turn off the movie I just don't know when. And what is it with directors wanting to change things? Why change a winning concept? They all tried that after predator 2 and look how it went 👎🏽

if youre going in prepared to turn off the tv (which, im willing to bet you wont regardless), you might as well just not watch it..  what a shameful way to watch a movie, with turning off the tv on your mind.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like the Portuguese title for the film is Predator: The First Prey.

Kradan

Corporal Hicks

I actually like it. I love some of the non-English titles for the films.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Cool to see the franchise logo in that stone look:

Kradan

Kradan

PredaDor  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed