'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer

Started by Space Sweeper, Aug 06, 2012, 07:07:23 AM

Author
'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer (Read 56,955 times)

Vers

Vers

PR sound: Sounds fine when you're firing it, but it should be the original legit sounds when someone else is firing it. I didn't really hear it that well in this video.

As far as the different xeno types: It should add more strategy to the multiplayer. I agree, being a Marine I won't have a problem mowing down / dying by the same xenos. If I were inclined to be a xeno though, options are nice to plan different strategies. It will keep multiplayer interesting, it's going to (HAS) come at the cost of p*ssing off a lot of fans though.

Really until we play it and feel how it works, we're speculating that change is baaaaad. And yup, it definitely could be. We'll see... If in the end it keeps me, and lots of others on the servers, I'm all for it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The caste system doesn't really bother me.  AvP2 is one of my favorite all time games, and the caste system allowed me to play as my beloved praetorian a bullet soaking sponge that shredded the head of his enemies. 

More concerned about balancing and servers in mp more than anything else.  Since playing a marine was suicide in AvP3 if you weren't in a marine heavy map, IF you could load a map.

I'd worry about them in SP, but since I doubt I'll accept it as canon anyways, despite the developers continued harping on this point, I don't really care.

Honestly as long as it makes some kind of contextual sense, I'll probably dig it.  With prometheus entry into the franchise, I'm not sure how seriously I take the chain anymore anyways.

SM

SM

If they had access to the Prometheus license, it'd be easy to explain all these Insta-Aliens.

I kinda doubt they do though.

Unless the hold ups are due to acquiring Prometheus IP?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'd wager they are trying to put a little something connecting prometheus to the aliens universe even further.  Perhaps WY weaponzing the black goo and using it to fertilize eggs with different kind of Aliens.

Or something.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Oh dear god....

Predaker

Predaker

They already said the game will not be connected to Prometheus.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Predaker on Aug 08, 2012, 05:18:36 AM

!!!!!!!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Or this.

Since we already know at one time Cameron preferred a caste system with his Albino Aliens.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: Vers on Aug 08, 2012, 01:38:17 AM
PR sound: Sounds fine when you're firing it, but it should be the original legit sounds when someone else is firing it. I didn't really hear it that well in this video.

My sentiments exactly, although I have never quite understood why they've been doing this. Shouldn't it sound the same from both points of view?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: FightFinda on Aug 08, 2012, 12:18:59 PM
Shouldn't it sound the same from both points of view?
No.

newbeing

newbeing

I don't know.Pitchford seems to hint that it will.

QuotePSB: Are you excited to see Prometheus? Will any of the Space Jockey lore hinted at in the film make it into Aliens: Colonial Marines?
RP: I'm very excited about Prometheus. 20th Century Fox invited us to read the script and check out production and ACM's director, Brian Martel, had a discussion with Ridley Scott about the matter years and years ago, so it's been a really interesting seat for us on this one. A bunch of our guys went out to read the script a while back. I chose to decline because I didn't want the spoilers — I can't wait to see the final film! Ridley is such a master storyteller and filmmaker and I'm thrilled that he's spending some more time in science fiction. Oh, and I haven't dodged your real question. Yes, ACM will bring you inside The Derelict on LV-426. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll leave it at that!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/03/randy-pitchford-talks-aliens-colonial-marines-release-date-prometheus-possibilities/

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

More delays for sure once all the Engineer shit is added into the game, just wait and see, we're going to see some of them inside the damn Derelict, just watch. Possibly in stasis mode, and they'll leave it at that.

Predaker

Predaker

^lol I wouldn't be surprised...

I could be wrong, I just remember in one of the older interviews someone said they wouldn't be connected since they happen "at different times." Vague stuff, I know. :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I want this to happen now just so that I could laugh at everyone complaining about it.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

The smugness of  Pitchford is putting me off this game

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed