Why do people hate Alien3?

Started by Basher917, Oct 30, 2011, 05:06:06 PM

Author
Why do people hate Alien3? (Read 241,007 times)

Hudson

Hudson

Quoteyou suggested the Runner was "probably" a Praetorian

Also confusing.

So I'm personally waiting for an answer on the Alien stalling the piston and the reason why it's a Praetorian.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Might want to get comfortable than just in case, one of my own questions towards him has been left unanswered for days.

That might be because I'm on his ignore list though, because I'm apparently a "troll". Riiiiight. And when he called HuDaFuk a troll I felt this great feeling in the force like someone owed me $50 because I won a bet.

But anyway, I hesitated about posting this as I think I found the answer for myself but I'll share my thoughts anyway.

Understandably the alien in Alien 3 would have increased speed and move differently because of having a dog for a host, but what about in the version when the host is an ox? Is an ox considered fast or at least faster than a human?

This is when I felt I found an answer for myself. An ox is cattle, and when cowboys would move cattle across the wild west they did so on horseback because cattle are faster than people (when they want to be), or that's one reason anyway. It was just kinda hard to believe at first because of how big and fat looking I've seen cattle get.  :laugh:

But it could be a case of it not mattering so much if it's a dog or ox, because what they share in common is that they are 4 legged mammals for host as opposed to 2 legged mammals for host.

Just some thoughts.

Hudson

Hudson

I'm only considering the dog because I'm not going to take the ox as canon and try to justify both versions for myself, but that's just me. Your explanation is fair enough.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'm okay with my own explanation, as far as the life cycle goes.

But I know what you mean, I don't know why it just occurred to me today and when it did I was like "Man, how does the dog and ox thing all fit together? ? ?".

DC

DC

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 30, 2013, 02:52:43 PM
Quote from: DC on Aug 30, 2013, 02:24:44 PMWrong post halfwit.
No. That was the post where you suggested the Runner was "probably" a Praetorian, and therefore was the post I was responding to. Keep up.

No, we're talking about two completely different posts.

QuoteAlso I like how you ignored the part where the Alien snatches up Aaron, tosses around Clemens, mulches and practically tears Jude limb-from-limb (we never saw any alien in a prior film do such a thing), jumps out of ten tons of boiling hot lead, being un-phased physically by the 300-350 tonne impact, and stalling the giant, megalithic many hundreds-of-tons-heavy-ass metal piston as it attempts to escape from the mould to make your post seem more relevant. It is indeed faster, stronger, and somewhat more beast-like than the others.

This is the post I was talking about.
It is you who needs to keep up.

Also assuming Crazy Rich is posting more Anti-DC hatespam, remind him that he is on my ignore list, therefore I cannot see his/her posts.

Quotethe reason why it's a Praetorian.

Who said it was a Praetorian? Possibly =/= definitely. People need to stop manipulating my posts. This is getting ridiculous. Although it is hilarious the lengths people go to. The reason I said it is possibly a Praetorian is because it was a Royal Facehugger that impregnated the bull/dog, it would also explain the lack of dorsal tubes, if they had the purpose of labor roles such as hiving and resin-creation, the purpose of which would possibly be redistributed to the worker-caste of the hive, as opposed to the larger, faster, and stronger Praetorians/Royal Guards/Sentries which are solely there to protect unborn/young Queens in the process of building a hive. This is all speculation! (Do not ignore this part of the post!!!!) I have stated the word possibly three times now, I shouldn't have to stress myself to this length, people should not be so dense to the point I have to go so out of my way to stress the fact that I am speculating, either people are dumb in the head, or just picking at my posts' purposeful ambiguity to be cyber-jerks due to the simple assumption that I am running on the blind faith and belief in people here being intelligent, mature, level-headed and civilized human beings able to take things at face-value as opposed to going to ridiculous lengths of dissecting posts where unnecessary information is absent and exploiting them to look smart, obviously I was wrong, and from now on will make sure to stress myself till I am blue in the face what it is I am saying, as opposed to things that should be readily accepted by mature debaters, and will run on the assumption that the few avid posters here are trolls, prone to pick apart a post for the lulz where it is lacking extensively and ridiculously (not to mention unnecessarily) overly-detailed information on a fictional subject matter, on a virtual communication interface, in a fake world full of fake people known as the internet. Thank you for correcting my judgment and increasing my levels of intense paranoia and extreme scrutiny accompanied by the constant looking-over-my-shoulder on the lookout for trolls, over-analysts, and, all-in-all, immature dicks.

QuoteSo I'm personally waiting for an answer on the Alien stalling the piston

I might be wrong on that part, it looked like it was slowing it down, my bad.

*Shakes head.*

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: DC on Aug 30, 2013, 05:34:50 PMThe reason I said it is possibly a Praetorian is because it was a Royal Facehugger that impregnated the bull/dog, it would also explain the lack of dorsal tubes, if they had the purpose of labor roles such as hiving and resin-creation, the purpose of which would possibly be redistributed to the worker-caste of the hive, as opposed to the larger, faster, and stronger Praetorians/Royal Guards/Sentries which are solely there to protect unborn/young Queens in the process of building a hive.

I proposed a similar theory myself 20 years ago.  It was shot down for no good reason.  Good luck.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: DC on Aug 30, 2013, 05:34:50 PM
Also assuming Crazy Rich is posting more Anti-DC hatespam

(not assuming, just doing the ignore function wrong - hate is a strong word - I frankly just don't like your rude and aggressive behavior, it's one thing towards me after I tried to be nice to you, but towards the more peaceful folk and towards my friends in other threads too? Insulting and throwing accusations when you lack conviction? You've asked for it - and it's not spam, most of my posting was actually on topic, talking about the dog version and ox version, you were only mentioned as I was letting some folks know that they are not alone)

remind him that he is on my ignore list, therefore I cannot see his/her posts. (already acknowledged this)

I'd PM guys but his ignore function would prevent that I think, so carry on with Alien 3 folks, if you want to.

DC

DC

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 30, 2013, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: DC on Aug 30, 2013, 05:34:50 PMThe reason I said it is possibly a Praetorian is because it was a Royal Facehugger that impregnated the bull/dog, it would also explain the lack of dorsal tubes, if they had the purpose of labor roles such as hiving and resin-creation, the purpose of which would possibly be redistributed to the worker-caste of the hive, as opposed to the larger, faster, and stronger Praetorians/Royal Guards/Sentries which are solely there to protect unborn/young Queens in the process of building a hive.

I proposed a similar theory myself 20 years ago.  It was shot down for no good reason.  Good luck.

Well, just because it gets shot down doesn't mean I'm not going to stick to it. =\

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 30, 2013, 07:16:54 PM
Quote from: DC on Aug 30, 2013, 05:34:50 PM
Also assuming Crazy Rich is posting more Anti-DC hatespam

(not assuming, just doing the ignore function wrong - hate is a strong word - I frankly just don't like your rude and aggressive behavior, it's one thing towards me after I tried to be nice to you, but towards the more peaceful folk and towards my friends in other threads too? Insulting and throwing accusations when you lack conviction? You've asked for it - and it's not spam, most of my posting was actually on topic, talking about the dog version and ox version, you were only mentioned as I was letting some folks know that they are not alone)

remind him that he is on my ignore list, therefore I cannot see his/her posts. (already acknowledged this)

I'd PM guys but his ignore function would prevent that I think, so carry on with Alien 3 folks, if you want to.
just ignore him, dont waste your time with him

DC

DC

Quit exposing a members' post I'm trying to ignore! >:(
It also pisses me off when people claim they tried to be nice to you, when all they ever did was patronize you with arrogant remarks as sarcasm disguised as politeness, and it was really just them being fake as f**k, and then try to use the inability for users to interpret voice tone over the internet as leverage and 'evidence'.

Dammit, why the hell did you have to do that Samhain? >:( GDFKNGDMT!

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: DC on Aug 30, 2013, 07:28:43 PM
It also pisses me off when people claim they tried to be nice to you, when all they ever did was patronize you with arrogant remarks as sarcasm disguised as politeness, and it was really just them being fake as f**k, and then try to use the inability for users to interpret voice tone over the internet as leverage and 'evidence'.

oh my bad... also GDFKNGDMT? wat

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 30, 2013, 07:37:35 PM
Quote from: DC on Aug 30, 2013, 07:28:43 PM

oh my bad... also GDFKNGDMT? wat

I think that's short for GOD F**KING DAMMIT!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: DC on Aug 30, 2013, 07:19:46 PM
Well, just because it gets shot down doesn't mean I'm not going to stick to it. =\

You forgot to mention that queens become immobilized by their egg sac, so who else but a "praetorian" will be able to capture hosts for her?

DC

DC

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 30, 2013, 07:54:53 PM
Quote from: DC on Aug 30, 2013, 07:19:46 PM

You forgot to mention that queens become immobilized by their egg sac, so who else but a "praetorian" will be able to capture hosts for her?

Precisely!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 30, 2013, 07:54:53 PM
Literally any other Alien. Like any of them. Remember the original Alien taking Brett and Dallas like it weren't no thing? Remember all those regular Aliens that did such a bang-up job capturing hosts at LV-426?  Remember the Aliens in A:R dragging Hillard away? Remember the Aliens in AvP taking, like, every single person because it was PG-13?

You don't need an entirely new caste of Alien to drag people away. It's how Aliens do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed