Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 21, 2015, 02:48:51 PM

Author
Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2 (Read 75,710 times)

T Dog

Jesus! Ridley is 77. Ok, he can just f**k right off!

Mr. Clemens

You two wanna get a room?  ;)

T Dog

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 24, 2015, 04:34:11 PM

Quote from: oduodu on Mar 24, 2015, 01:41:33 PM
a man in his mid 70s who just say's "f**k this, f**k the fans, I'm just going to do my own thing

still laughing.........

true none the less

i guess ridley will always be the only one who really knows why he did what he did.

it sometimes feels he literally just said: f**k this .........and rushed to get everything done to get to his next movie.

this is the reason why i question lindelof's inclusion as being ridleys decision.

this is confusing the hell out of me.

What's confusing?

Gash

A man in his 70's who says 'fu*k the fans. Sound like the perfect man for the job. Film makers should follow their own ideas. And frankly age has nothing to do with creativity and vision. In fact, the more experienced the better. Scott is one of the best at using the newer technologies of film and not letting it go overboard.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 24, 2015, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 24, 2015, 04:34:11 PM

Quote from: oduodu on Mar 24, 2015, 01:41:33 PM
a man in his mid 70s who just say's "f**k this, f**k the fans, I'm just going to do my own thing

still laughing.........

true none the less

i guess ridley will always be the only one who really knows why he did what he did.

it sometimes feels he literally just said: f**k this .........and rushed to get everything done to get to his next movie.

this is the reason why i question lindelof's inclusion as being ridleys decision.

this is confusing the hell out of me.

What's confusing?

I am confused about who made the decision to lindeloff the shit out of prometheus.

Ash 937

How did it come to be that the Alien franchise somehow falls under Ridley Scott's "sphere of influence" when the IP is owned by FOX and last film that Scott made for the franchise was mediocre at best? 

District 9 happened six years ago and Alien happened a generation ago.  If Cameron hadn't pitched Aliens, there wouldn't even be a franchise. 

Maybe Ridley and Blomkamp should consult Cameron on what direction to take with their respective films.  After all, Cameron is still the only person that his been able to draw from the original film and successfully expand on the universe with universal critical acclaim.

T Dog

Quote from: Gash on Mar 24, 2015, 06:36:44 PM
A man in his 70's who says 'fu*k the fans. Sound like the perfect man for the job. Film makers should follow their own ideas. And frankly age has nothing to do with creativity and vision. In fact, the more experienced the better. Scott is one of the best at using the newer technologies of film and not letting it go overboard.

Not when the man in question just bulldozes through each movie to get onto the next one because his time is so precious at 77.
The proof is in the pudding - his last bunch of films have been abysmal.

HuDaFuK

The last really great movie Riddles made was Kingdom of Heaven (the Director's Cut, not the crap theatrical version the studio hacked to bits) and that was ten years ago.

EDIT: Actually American Gangster wasn't too bad, but it wasn't that memorable. To the point where I've seen in three times now and can't remember anything about it.

T Dog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 24, 2015, 07:49:49 PM
The last really great movie Riddles made was Kingdom of Heaven (the Director's Cut, not the crap theatrical version the studio hacked to bits) and that was ten years ago.

EDIT: Actually American Gangster wasn't too bad, but it wasn't that memorable. To the point where I've seen in three times now and can't remember anything about it.

I did not think much of Kingdom Heaven Director's Cut. Like a lot of Ridley's most recent films it has an inherent flaw that drags it down - in the case of that movie the flaw is in the fact that they cast Orlando Bloom in the lead role who for the life of him cannot carry a movie. I imagine Ridley simply cast him so that he could get a greenlight by getting an actor who had heat at the time - again Mr. Scott bows down to the studio so that he can bulldoze through a film and move on to the next thing.

American Gangster is so-so and has an awfully cheesy ending.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 24, 2015, 07:57:27 PMI did not think much of Kingdom Heaven Director's Cut. Like a lot of Ridley's most recent films it has an inherent flaw that drags it down - in the case of that movie the flaw is in the fact that they cast Orlando Bloom in the lead role who for the life of him cannot carry a movie.

While I agree Bloom is the weak link, the rest of the movie is just magnificent.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 24, 2015, 07:49:49 PM

The Jay-Z soundtrack was pretty cool.

As to Prometheus, I say they should let Scott do whatever he wants to create the movies he wants.  Yes, we might not get exactly what we were hoping for and yes, there might be a distinct lack of Aliens present (though the other day, it was written that the final film of the trilogy will have an Alien theme).  But there's a much better chance of us getting something epic if he's allowed to do something he passionate about.  One of the problems about Prometheus is that Fox stuck it's neck in and meddled a bit too much.  Not to the extent of what happened with Alien 3, but I believe if Ridley is allowed to do what he wants, we'll get something special. 

T Dog

One of the problems about Prometheus is that Fox stuck it's neck in and meddled a bit too much.  Not to the extent of what happened with Alien 3, but I believe if Ridley is allowed to do what he wants, we'll get something special.

If Ridley does it, here's hoping he's allowed to just do what he wants for real.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 22, 2015, 12:59:37 PM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Mar 22, 2015, 06:51:22 AMAnyway, I'm more concerned about this:

http://www.aliensversuspredator.net/news/weyland-yutani-using-mind-controlled-xenomorphs-in-alien-5

That's fan art. I posted that from its original source a couple days ago.

I posted it on the Facebook page a week or so ago. Lovely piece though.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 23, 2015, 08:08:29 PM
I was watching Furious Gods a couple weeks back, and I couldn't help but think about how rushed/awkward the Giger segment was. It's like they brought him in, showed him some designs, and pushed him out the door.

From what I remember he wasn't down in London long. Only the day, I think. And he almost didn't let Charles include it in the Blu-ray at all.

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 24, 2015, 09:34:03 PM
One of the problems about Prometheus is that Fox stuck it's neck in and meddled a bit too much.  Not to the extent of what happened with Alien 3, but I believe if Ridley is allowed to do what he wants, we'll get something special.

If Ridley does it, here's hoping he's allowed to just do what he wants for real.

That's what happened with Prometheus and it was a wreck. What folk seem to forget is that what made Alien truly special was it was a collaboration. And that's were all the special ingredients came from. Ridley should not be allowed carte blanche.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2015, 10:44:44 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 23, 2015, 08:08:29 PM
I was watching Furious Gods a couple weeks back, and I couldn't help but think about how rushed/awkward the Giger segment was. It's like they brought him in, showed him some designs, and pushed him out the door.

From what I remember he wasn't down in London long. Only the day, I think. And he almost didn't let Charles include it in the Blu-ray at all.

Wasn't aware of that. Was there some sort of tension between Giger and Ridley and/or Fox? I know a lot of the crew wanted to go in a more Giger-like direction, which Ridley didn't want to do for whatever reason.

T Dog

That's what happened with Prometheus and it was a wreck. What folk seem to forget is that what made Alien truly special was it was a collaboration. And that's were all the special ingredients came from. Ridley should not be allowed carte blanche.

Well I meant zero studio interference. No high ups suggesting there be no Aliens present etc.

Ultimately I don't want Scott to touch another Alien/Prometheus or Blade Runner movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed