Could have been better. (2/5)
61 (13.3%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 457

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 282,607 times)

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Alionic on Aug 22, 2017, 10:05:07 PM
I know, just like Kane looking over the egg in Alien.
Kane looking over the egg in Alien made sense. He was curious to see the lifeform and didn't think it could pose a threat in such an early stage. Unlike Oram's egg scenario, where he looks inside the egg because the alien loving android that was somehow involved in Rosenthal's death walked him to one and told him to do it.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 22, 2017, 10:19:19 PM
Kane looking over the egg in Alien made sense. He was curious to see the lifeform and didn't think it could pose a threat in such an early stage. Unlike Oram's egg scenario, where he looks inside the egg because the alien loving android that was somehow involved in Rosenthal's death walked him to one and told him to do it.

Yeah, snooping around moving eggs after stumbling across a giant dead alien in a chair was a rational thing to do. However, it did give us a great film, which is what matters.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Alionic on Aug 22, 2017, 10:23:20 PM
Yeah, snooping around moving eggs after stumbling across a giant dead alien in a chair was a rational thing to do.
Why is it irrational? What's your experience with eggs that led you to assume eggs pose a threat?

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 22, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Obviously Oram was curious as well, and perhaps confident he had the situation under control after dispatching the neomorph.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Everything about the derelict was scary and forboding even before finding the giant in a chair with a hole busted out of his chest. The egg room with thousands of alien eggs that look like spores would be terrifying to anyone. You would have to be crazy to stick your head in that egg. However given the nature of the film it doesnt bother me, same with covenant.

Also why would oram suspect david was involved in Rosenthals death?

SM

SM

Yeah I was wondering if I missed something there too.

As far as Oram knew, David rescued them from the Neomorph.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 22, 2017, 11:09:07 PM
Also why would oram suspect david was involved in Rosenthals death?
Because he finds Rosenthal's head next to David and the Neomorph, and after killing the Neomorph says: "David, I met the Devil when I was a child, and I've never forgotten him. So David, you're gonna tell me exactly what's going on, or I am going to seriously f**k up your perfect composure".

The film clearly establishes that Oram sees David as a threat, and then the film has Oram following David around and doing whatever David tells him. Because that's how people act, I guess.

SM

SM

Doesn't really answer the question.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SM on Aug 22, 2017, 11:24:39 PM
Doesn't really answer the question.
How does Oram finding Rosenthal's head next to David and the Neomorph not answer the question?

SM

SM

Because it ignores what follows where David is very open and forthcoming about what he's been up to for the last 10 years, which gives Oram reason to let his guard down.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Oram has no reason to so much as follow David around, let alone buy into whatever David says and do what he tells him.

SM

SM

If you say so.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 22, 2017, 11:31:18 PM
Oram has no reason to so much as follow David around, let alone buy into whatever David says and do what he tells him.

Oram followed David because he wanted answers. He was also armed with a rifle and based on the dialogue you just repeated, willing to use it again if necessary.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Predaker on Aug 22, 2017, 11:48:12 PM
Oram followed David because he wanted answers. He was also armed with a rifle and based on the dialogue you just repeated, willing to use it again if necessary.
Usually when someone perceives someone else as a threat and wants answers, he doesn't really want to follow them around to some place he doesn't know, where he has no real control over the situation and can be caught off guard. This is when you get overused cliche sentences such as 'We're not going anywhere'. Cause why would you?

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Predaker on Aug 23, 2017, 12:00:04 AM
Again because he wanted answers, simply put. It's not like he needed a code to disarm a bomb or something, he just wanted to know what was really going on.
If all you want is for another person to speak, why would you want to go to someplace else? Was there something preventing David from speaking where they originally were?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed