Kradan is pretty OK at the moment

Started by Kradan, Aug 05, 2020, 07:28:53 AM

Author
Kradan is pretty OK at the moment (Read 64,216 times)

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 30, 2022, 05:36:12 PM
Star Trek Picard seems to have had a good critical reception. RLM and the Trekies think otherwise though.

I'll take RLM word in that case

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 30, 2022, 05:40:41 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2022, 06:05:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbLk4ktAE5U

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1509205299298816007

Yeeeeah, couple of last HITB episodes now seem a bit awkward

Immortan Jonesy

I was going to say that they should publicly apologize to Bruce so they don't get cancelled, but then I remember how much they made fun of George Lucas. :-X

Local Trouble

Whose mines are those?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ukrainian traffic calming measures.

They don't bother with speed cameras or speed bumbs over there. You speed, you bleed...

Local Trouble

Kradan

f**k yeah ! Thanks, Local Trouble  ;)

Local Trouble

Kradan

Kradan

https://youtu.be/Y5LRWZdAoJw

WARNING: EXTREME NOSTALGIA INCOMING !!!

Spoiler

I know FNAF games aren't held in a particularly high regard amongst most gamers, horror fans or people in general. But man, I do love these f**king games, (specifically first 4, with number 4 being my personal favourite, after that IMHO franchise went in a direction I couldn't follow). They came out juuust in the right time in my life, I remember myself wasting hours lurking through FNAF wiki, being obsessed with the lore, all the hidden Easter Eggs and crazy fan theories. What a great times these were. Also, series clearly has a case of Friday The 13th syndrome meaning it just refuses to f**king end already despite having multiple "final chapters"  :D

What I found most interesting and fascinating is the fact the franchise was created and developed by just one guy by the name of Scott Cawthon who prior to FNAF cut his teeth in Christian animated shorts and Sci-Fi RPGs. The guy is super nice, actively interacted with community (and trolled it numerous times), in the later years supported fan games developers and even funded their projects pushing them into official status

Spoiler
Here, check out interview with him. Interviewer may be a bit obnoxious but it's worth it:

https://youtu.be/03E_hZdXqBE
[close]

Also, what Internet and Twitter did to him in the end was f**king disgusting and makes me despise humanity

Here, add this to your lists of "Things to embarass Kradan with"

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 01, 2022, 03:51:24 AM
Also, what Internet and Twitter did to him in the end was f**king disgusting and makes me despise humanity
What did they do? I've never played FNAF, nor do I know anything about the community.

Kradan

Kradan

He got a lot of shit and even some death threats  towards him and his family after it was revealed that he donated some of his money to members of Republican party, including Trump. He's also a Christian. Despite the fact he previously donated money to various charities Internet collectively decided that he's gotta be a homophob, anti-LGBTQ and just plain horrible human being and should be ashamed of himself. I suspect a lot of people jumped on that bandwagon 'cause they were tired of FNAF big web presence, some extreme parts of fandom and thought that games were shitty and poorly made and didn't deserve nearly as much status and success as they got. He handled the situation the best he could and eventually announced of his retirement from FNAF and gaming in general

You can learn more just googling "scott cawthon controversy"

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 01, 2022, 03:58:58 PM
He got a lot of shit and even some death threats  towards him and his family after it was revealed that he donated some of his money to members of Republican party, including Trump. He's also a Christian. Despite the fact he previously donated money to various charities Internet collectively decided that he's gotta be a homophob, anti-LGBTQ and just plain horrible human being and should be ashamed of himself. I suspect a lot of people jumped on that bandwagon 'cause they were tired of FNAF big web presence, some extreme parts of fandom and thought that games were shitty and poorly made and didn't deserve nearly as much status and success as they got. He handled the situation the best he could and eventually announced of his retirement from FNAF and gaming in general

Well. That's the internet in a nutshell, I guess.

Kradan

Dachande

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 01, 2022, 03:58:58 PM

I mean, actively giving money to people in order for them to stay in power and enforce their homophobic, transphobic and racist policies, then yeah. It kind of makes you those things.

If I was to say I was pro-ukraine, and then give a whole bunch of money to putin. I think Ukrainians would have a right to be angry at me.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Dachande on Apr 03, 2022, 10:05:50 AM
If I was to say I was pro-ukraine, and then give a whole bunch of money to putin. I think Ukrainians would have a right to be angry at me.

Ouch

Whatever, I'll just live these here

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed