Morgan Freeman in Serious Condition After Car Wreck

Started by vortep, Aug 04, 2008, 05:48:21 PM

Author
Morgan Freeman in Serious Condition After Car Wreck (Read 2,478 times)

vortep

Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman (The Dark Knight) was involved in a serious car accident Sunday night in north Mississippi.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesperson Ben Williams said Freeman, 71, and a female passenger were traveling eastbound on Mississippi Highway 32 in Tallahatchie County when his vehicle went off the edge of the road. Freeman overcorrected, flipping his 1997 Nissan Maxima several times before coming to a rest.

Emergency crews extracted Freeman and his passenger from their vehicle using the jaws of life. According to Williams, they were both airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis.

Kathy Stringer, a spokesperson at The MED, said Freeman was listed in serious condition Monday morning. The condition of Freeman's passenger has not been released

War Wager

War Wager

QuoteOscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman is in a serious condition in hospital following a car accident in Mississippi.

The 71-year-old Dark Knight and Wanted star was involved in an incident late on Sunday, just north of Ruleville.

He was airlifted from the crash scene to the Regional Medical Center, known as The Med, in Memphis, Tennessee. Police said he was talking before being removed from the scene.

A spokesman for the hospital has confirmed Freeman is in a serious condition.

Ashley Norris, manager of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale, which Freeman owns, confirmed the actor was in a car accident but gave no further details.

Freeman lives with his wife, Myrna Colley-Lee, near Charleston, Mississippi. They have two children and he has two more from his first marriage, which ended in divorce in 1979.

Freeman got his big screen breakthrough with Brubaker in 1980, which stars Robert Redford.

He received a best actor Oscar nomination in 1989 for Driving Miss Daisy and in 1994 was also nominated for an Academy Award for his role as Red in The Shawshank Redemption.

Freeman won his first Oscar in 2004 for Million Dollar Baby.

He better make it through, he's a terrific actor.

Mr.X

I hope He makes it out alive.

CELTICPRED

Please God I hope he makes it out OK.

shakermakerman

My thoughts are with him.

Undeadite

What a shame.

Private Hudson

I hope he makes it.

That Yellow Alien

Sounds like he'll be ok.

Major Alan Schaefer

I pray he makes it great man and actor

B-Rad G

I hope he is ok, i enjoy him in Se7en. We need him in Rendezvous with Rama!

NintendoMan

He's fine now. Just a couple of fractures.

Thats it.

MartyPredator

Ok fair enough the car accident dont know to many detials besides it fliped. And that itself can be serious enough, but all he has is a broken/fractured shoulder. Thats the seriousness of it....
What idoits for putting in the paper
"Morgan Freeman in serious care"
"Morgan Freeman fighting for his life"
Lmfao stupid journlist
He will be fine by the way

War Wager

QuoteActor Morgan Freeman has been discharged from hospital as his lawyer confirmed the star and his wife were set to divorce after 24 years together.

The Oscar-winning actor, who was being treated for broken bones following a serious car crash last weekend, was discharged from the Regional Medical Centre in Memphis, Tennessee, the hospital's spokesman Kathy Stringer said.

Freeman was with a female passenger, Demaris Meyer who was also injured, when the car he was driving overturned several times and landed in a ditch on a highway in rural Mississippi shortly before midnight local time on Sunday (6am BST Monday).

Ms Meyer, 48, a FedEx employee who has been described as a friend of the star, was "in better condition than Morgan", the actor's lawyer Bill Luckett said.

He also told Memphis Commercial-Appeal newspaper that a divorce action was pending for the actor and Myrna Colley-Lee, his wife of 24 years.

Mr Luckett, who has previously said that Freeman would need three to four months to recover from his injuries, refused to provide further details of the divorce.

No divorce papers have been filed in Tallahatchie County where Freeman owns a home with Mrs Colley-Lee, said Tallahatchie County Chancery Clerk Anita Mullen Greenwood.

It is thought heavy rain may have been part of the cause for the crash.

Witnesses said the 71-year-old actor was unconscious immediately afterwards and the road was slick from a heavy rainfall that left water in the ditch surrounding the car up to eight inches deep.

Both Freeman and Ms Meyer were understood to have been wearing seatbelts when the crash happened north of the small town of Ruleville in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.

Undeadite

Hm, I wonder if this crash was just to cover up news on the divorce precedings...

Eidotemit

Quote from: Undeadite on Aug 07, 2008, 09:18:20 PM
Hm, I wonder if this crash was just to cover up news on the divorce precedings...

Really? Do you really?  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed