The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 465,989 times)

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Spoiler
In Joffrey's cold, dead hands.
[close]

New episode:
Spoiler
Stannis is a lost cause. A weak willed coward, brainwashed by the red woman. Now I'm hoping Brienne puts the sword to him after he gets those Bolton f**ks. Shireen was such a sweet girl:( Davos ain't gonna be happy at all.

The fighting pit was an amazing sequence. Just brilliant. Time to say f**kity bye to Meereen and those ungrateful f**ks. Wonder how Tyrion and co will cope alone?

Dorne's still pointless.
[close]

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 07, 2015, 11:35:55 PM
Spoiler
[close]

New episode:
Spoiler
Stannis is a lost cause. A weak willed coward, brainwashed by the red woman. Now I'm hoping Brienne puts the sword to him after he gets those Bolton f**ks. Shireen was such a sweet girl:( Davos ain't gonna be happy at all.

The fighting pit was an amazing sequence. Just brilliant. Time to say f**kity bye to Meereen and those ungrateful f**ks. Wonder how Tyrion and co will cope alone?

Dorne's still pointless.
[close]

Jesus so much violent anger at DD on FB. It happens in the next book you tw*ts, they even said so.

Oh that's right.

Ok so this episode....wow....not as big in scale as the previous episode, but goddamn it definitely equally as big in meaning and emotion.

Spoiler
I was in complete denial. I kept repeating "NO....NO....no...no...no don't do it Stannis..." I hadn't had such a reaction since the red wedding.

And maybe because of such a depressing event I got ridiculously excited for Drogon showing up, which i was hoping for when I saw all these f**kers surrounding Dany and zco. So they can see who they're messing with. I was cheering, clapping, yelling "YES!" and just loving everything about it. Although I feared Drogon might die there for a bit. And when she rode the dragon...I felt like Tyrion. Something you've read so much about, but in our case heard so much about. To see it as in the times of old. Just great.

Wrecktangle I doubt she'll leave them there I'm sure she'll be back for them.
[close]

Magegg

Magegg

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Why wouldn't he trust the redhead's magic, after what it has done for him in the past? I think this time we finally saw Stannis's true colors, we didn't know he was so obsessed with the crown but now he has finally revealed he's so much of an abhorrent man in the inside.
[close]

By the way, f**k Mereen. Just f**k it completely, burn it to the ground with dragonfire.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 08, 2015, 04:38:09 AM
Spoiler
[close]

New episode:
Spoiler

Dorne's still pointless.
[close]

Jesus so much violent anger at DD on FB. It happens in the next book you tw*ts, they even said so.

Oh that's right.

Ok so this episode....wow....not as big in scale as the previous episode, but goddamn it definitely equally as big in meaning and emotion.

Spoiler
I was in complete denial. I kept repeating "NO....NO....no...no...no don't do it Stannis..." I hadn't had such a reaction since the red wedding.

And maybe because of such a depressing event I got ridiculously excited for Drogon showing up, which i was hoping for when I saw all these f**kers surrounding Dany and zco. So they can see who they're messing with. I was cheering, clapping, yelling "YES!" and just loving everything about it. Although I feared Drogon might die there for a bit. And when she rode the dragon...I felt like Tyrion. Something you've read so much about, but in our case heard so much about. To see it as in the times of old. Just great.

Wrecktangle I doubt she'll leave them there I'm sure she'll be back for them.
[close]

No doubt about that, but they must be heading out somewhere for a while.

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 08, 2015, 04:50:12 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Why wouldn't he trust the redhead's magic, after what it has done for him in the past? I think this time we finally saw Stannis's true colors, we didn't know he was so obsessed with the crown but now he has finally revealed he's so much of an abhorrent man in the inside.
[close]

By the way, f**k Mereen. Just f**k it completely, burn it to the ground with dragonfire.

We sure did see them, no doubt about that. No wonder Renly was so against his claim.

Keg

Keg

Great episode. Probably the worst of the "episode 9's" so far but that was probably because unlike Boromi...I mean Ned's beheading and The Red Wedding, the shocking stuff in this episode was quite clear long before it happened. Still, knowing what was going to happen didnt lessen the impact too much as there was still some harrowing scenes and for a moment during the final few scenes I thought
Spoiler
Drogon was going to die, so when Dany rode him out of there, that was f**king awesome.
[close]

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Keg on Jun 08, 2015, 06:53:17 AM
Great episode. Probably the worst of the "episode 9's" so far but that was probably because unlike Boromi...I mean Ned's beheading and The Red Wedding, the shocking stuff in this episode was quite clear long before it happened. Still, knowing what was going to happen didnt lessen the impact too much as there was still some harrowing scenes and for a moment during the final few scenes I thought
Spoiler
Drogon was going to die, so when Dany rode him out of there, that was f**king awesome.
[close]

I think it's unfair to campare it to previous episode 9's since I think the huge scale thing was done in episode 8. Which was fantastic. This episode was great as well.

Magegg

Magegg

I think this is no doubt the weakest season so far, it's quite notorious the quality decline now that the series is entering into the filler/forced/plot device/original material territory. Most of the Sparrows thing felt out of tone and out of place, the Sand Snakes thing is uninteresting, and having Daenerys still grounded at Mereen is quite boring and tedious and frustrating.

Also, anyone knows what's happening with Brienne and Podric? I had forgotten for one month or so they were still in the show. I think it would have been a little more interesting seeing them doing whatever they're doing instead of that repeated Arya's nonsense.

As for the Episode 8, I think I'm the only one who was completely unimpressed by it. It certainly didn't equal last season's final moment, including the heart-wrenching brawl between Brienne and the Hound, and the epic battle at Castle Black. This time it was more of a... mid-season Walking Dead finale instead of a Lord of the Rings film.

I do like that some things of the show are coming to something (all the Lannister gay/incest stuff finally falling on them, Theon and Sansa's reencounter and revelation, and of course the thing with Daenerys, Jorah and Tywin), but this series also feels more like a continuation of last season's themes... In the "this is dragging" way.

I know the show isn't sole and entirely the one to blame, I read the books had become quite tedious and underwhelming by that same moment, but it doesn't look like they took many chances of improving. Let's watch the final episode of the season to see if there's something else to be excited for the next one, but honesty I think this show has started to limp and I don't think I'll expect the next season in the way I waited for the others...

By the way, I wonder if Sandor Clegane will be raised again by the Brotherhood Without Banners (I wonder what happened to those guys, by the way).

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Spoiler

Shireen...well, i expected if they kill her, they would do it offscreen. Like showing her reaction when she finally realizes the situation and then cut. So i was pretty sure someone would save her in the last moment. All the screaming, Stannis and his minions doing nothing at all but watching...i even cried, though i have to say it was a very good and intense scene. I was a big fan of Stannis (especially after the killed off ma favourite characters Tywin and "maybe" the Hound)...but after going this far i'm sure he sealed his fate. Bronn and House Bolton are all i got left now, don't think Roose will make it though :(

Imagine the ambush in the beginning as a false flag move by the red witch...and Bolton's men hit them in the next episode. Would love to see a Ramsay torture session featuring Stannis. :D

Whatever, no big fan of the whole season so far. I guess the weakest of them all, but still good. Episode 8 and 9 are my favourites, hoping for a good last one.
[close]

Keg

Keg

Spoiler
You might be on to something regarding the supposed attack from Ramsay and his 20 men considering you dont actually see any of them. 
[close]

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 08, 2015, 07:57:26 AM
I think this is no doubt the weakest season so far, it's quite notorious the quality decline now that the series is entering into the filler/forced/plot device/original material territory. Most of the Sparrows thing felt out of tone and out of place, the Sand Snakes thing is uninteresting, and having Daenerys still grounded at Mereen is quite boring and tedious and frustrating.

My opinion, it's just getting back to the relatively plodding pace the show tended towards in seasons 2 and 3, after being given an unusually action/narrative-packed barnstormer of a season last year.

Keg makes a good point though that the "big moments" of these latter episodes have been less impactful due to their being clearly built-up-to, rather than coming out of nowhere like the Red Wedding or having an unpredictable outcome like Blackwater. Hardhome's last few minutes were extremely gripping, but narratively it wasn't a turning point.

Dragons
Assuming Daenerys has abandoned Meereen, I wonder what this means for the two captive dragons? Maybe Drogon's going to have to fight them at some point.
[close]

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Spoiler
Nah, Ser Davos mentions that it was a band of 20 men or less...guess they wanted to save time and budget so no onscreen time for Ramsay & company. Regarding Daenerys, i don't think she abandoned Meereen (yet).

Btw, why Mellisandre didn't use leeches like she did with Gendry? Did they mention that? Or did she just wanted Stannis to kill his own daughter to manipulate him...i guess with this blood sacrifice she sealed his fate as well, one less competitor for the throne.

And what do you think 'bout the Dorne plotline? I think prince Doran is planning something. Trystane Martell in the small council, close to the ruler of the seven kingdoms.
[close]

Keg

Keg

Dont get me wrong me saying this is the least impactful of all the penultimate episodes so far doesnt mean it wasnt a great episode. Overall its shaping up for a hell of a final episode. Rather than the typical "episode 9" formula theyve used in the past id say this season looks as though that applies to both 8 & 9. Brilliant couple of episodes this season was in need of. Cant wait for next week.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Jun 08, 2015, 09:24:53 PM
Spoiler
Nah, Ser Davos mentions that it was a band of 20 men or less...guess they wanted to save time and budget so no onscreen time for Ramsay & company. Regarding Daenerys, i don't think she abandoned Meereen (yet).

Btw, why Mellisandre didn't use leeches like she did with Gendry? Did they mention that? Or did she just wanted Stannis to kill his own daughter to manipulate him...i guess with this blood sacrifice she sealed his fate as well, one less competitor for the throne.

And what do you think 'bout the Dorne plotline? I think prince Doran is planning something. Trystane Martell in the small council, close to the ruler of the seven kingdoms.
[close]

Melisandre gave him some half baked excuse about not using leeches anymore. It's there.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Season 5 is by far and away the weakest so far.  It's as if the writers are running out of ideas now that (am I right with this) they have overtaken the books? 
Spoiler
What happened to the Unsullied?  They're getting slaughtered in droves this season.  Ser Barristen's death was badass but a little shoe horned in.  And apart from Bronn and Jorah he was/is my favourite character.  Daenarys as a character is all over the place.  The Highsparrow stuff and Lancel being a religious lunatic is tedious to say the least.  They ruined Stannis' character in episode 9, particularly after building up his relationship with his daughter.  He went through all of that trouble to save her as a child, but then randomly decides to burn her at the stake because Melisandre suggested it.  Davos is going to go ballistic.
[close]

Bender1988

Bender1988

Weak or not- i loved the musical score in the episode- simply beautifull.
Spoiler
mommy ?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed