The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,714 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Castiel on Jul 03, 2014, 06:54:48 PM
Quote from: Crazy shrimp on Jul 03, 2014, 06:51:19 PMReally? well, that's fantastic  8)
Here is some more of his work.

http://marcsimonetti.deviantart.com/gallery/15848266/games-of-throne

Seems like the above picture will be in the book, but a slightly different version of it.

Very impressive, thanks for that link Castiel!  these art pieces are like candy for my eyes, and the best thing that's official  8)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Magegg

Magegg

What are your 5 favorite non-alive characters?
Spoiler
Jeor Mormont

Rakharo

Grenn and Pyp

Locke

Jory Cassel

[close]

I would include
Spoiler
The Hound
[close]
But as I don't know if he's actually dead, I better don't (and don't spoil me).

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 03, 2014, 05:10:12 PM
What are your five favorite characters right now?

Spoiler
Brienne
Margaery
Podrick
Ser Davos
Samwell's girlfriend
[close]
I should have included Grand Maester Pycelle. I love that bastard XD

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 04, 2014, 04:13:50 PMWhat are your 5 favorite non-alive characters?

Spoiler
Oberyn Martell
King Joffrey
Khal Drogo
Ned Stark
Ros
[close]

Okay, so here's a question for you all.

In the beginning of Season 2, why was Jaqen H'ghar locked up and going to the Wall? Seeing as how he is a Faceless Man, I don't think he was simply captured, but rather acting out a plan. Any ideas as to what that might be? I read a theory just now regarding Sam that got me thinking about this.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be very interested in reading the Sam theory. Does it relate to (AffC spoilers)
Spoiler
the Alchemist/Pate thing?
[close]

As for the nature of his capture, I've read theories about him being Syrio (yup, that again :P ) and keeping up with Arya without her knowing it.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 04, 2014, 06:04:57 PM
I'd be very interested in reading the Sam theory. Does it relate to (AffC spoilers)
Spoiler
the Alchemist/Pate thing?
[close]

As for the nature of his capture, I've read theories about him being Syrio (yup, that again :P ) and keeping up with Arya without her knowing it.
Kind of. You can check it out here.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=29098077&postcount=17

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well that's actually a really great theory. I could actually see things playing out very similar to that, maybe with a change here or there.

Spoiler
I definitely agree that the Horn Jon found (Sam in the show) with the dragonglass is the actual Horn of Joramun.

As far as the theory goes, if it does play out like that I hope Sam doesn't die. I like him (which is, of course, all the more reason for him to die in this series :P ).
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Was the horn in the show? I can't really remember. :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If I recall correctly, Sam pulled it out and briefly looked at it when he found the dragonglass. Could be misremembering things, though.

I know the conversation about the Horn of Joramun was absent Jon's conversation with Mance in the finale; wonder if that means that plotline is going to be dropped in the show?

Also, about the Horn of Joramun, (book spoilers/speculation)
Spoiler
I wonder if it literally "brings down the Wall" or if that is more symbolic. like it drawing the enemies up north nearer to the Wall. And on the topic of horns, there's also Dragonbinder. Wonder if there will be any relation between the two if/when the dragons ever arrive at the Wall?
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Aye, it's a shame they didn't include it. It was the one big thing Mance had going for him.

Well, that and a few hundred thousand wildlings.

Game of Thrones picks up 20 Emmy nominations!

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/10/game-thrones-picks-20-emmy-nominations/

QuoteOutstanding Drama Series
Outstanding Supporting Actress – Lena Headey
Outstanding Supporting Actor – Peter Dinklage
Outstanding Guest Actress – Diana Rigg
Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series – David Benioff and D.B. Weiss ("The Children")
Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series – Neil Marshall ("The Watchers on the Wall")
Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series- Nina Gold and Robert Sterne
Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Original Dramatic Score)- Ramin Djawadi
Outstanding Art Direction For A Contemporary Or Fantasy Series (Single-Camera)
Outstanding Cinematography (2 nominations):
Jonathan Freeman ("Two Swords")
Anette Haellmigk ("The Lion and the Rose")
Outstanding Costumes for a Series ("The Lion and the Rose")
Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single-Camera Series ("The Lion and the Rose")
Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series-Non-Prosthetic ("Oathkeeper")
Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series, Miniseries, Movie Or A Special ("The Children")
Outstanding Sound Editing For A Series ("The Watchers on the Wall")
Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series – One Hour ("The Watchers on the Wall")
Outstanding Special and Visual Effects
Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Miniseries Or Movie
Outstanding Interactive Program – Game of Thrones Premiere : Facebook Live and Instagram

Immortan Jonesy

Magegg

Magegg

Shasvre

Shasvre

President of Programming Michael Lombardo and Chairman and CEO Richard Plepler Talk Game of Thrones

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-5-6-details-hbo/

QuoteDo you have any concerns about George R.R. Martin finishing the books before Game of Thrones catches up with him?

MICHAEL LOMBARDO:  Obviously, George is an integral part of the creative team on this, so with respect to next season, every step and every move is being choreographed, very closely, with him.  Certainly after next year, we will have to figure it out with George, if his book's not finished.  We're in conversations with him, but we're not concerned about it.

RICHARD PLEPLER:  And of equal importance, David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] are in constant conversation with him.  They're working, as they always have, very closely to model the future.  So, we're not losing any sleep over that, at all.

You've picked up Game of Thrones for Seasons 5 and 6, which are going to cover the next book.  Is there anything you can conceive of, that would prevent HBO from carrying out the entire run of the story?

PLEPLER:  No. 

LOMBARDO:  We're committed to it, and Dan and Dave are committed to it.  So, as long as David and Dan are in, as they are, we're happy.

RICHARD PLEPLER:  Our line to George has always been, "You keep writing, and we'll keep making the show."
So, just because you haven't picked up beyond Season 6, it's no indication that there is a possibility of it ending there?

LOMBARDO:  No, we're not talking, at this point, about ending the show in the next two years.

Valaquen

Valaquen

QuoteGeorge R.R. Martin reveals major battles, dragon action, and White Walkers are to come in Game of Thrones
"I happen to know, someone has told me, some source that I won't name, that there will be some major battles coming up, and some dragon action, and some stuff with The Wall and White Walkers that looks to be kind of expensive. How are we gonna do that, I don't know"
http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/11/george-r-r-martin-reveals-major-battles-dragon-action-white-walkers-come-game-thrones/#comment-422644

Shasvre

Shasvre

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed