Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 185,613 times)

x-M-x

So does this mean covenant 2/awakening? is a no go?

whiterabbit

I have no idea but considering all the hesitation on FOX to confirm it, surely this pending deal was in the back of their minds. I honestly see Disney doing the logical profit thing and dropping Covenant in favor of an Aliens sequel. Unless they decide to sell off the property.

Ultramorph

"The Company?"
"It was before your time. Bought out by Disney."

Here's hoping they commit to putting out quality AVP products, and don't try to fix what isn't broken with NCEA, Titan, and DH (at least for a while).

Magegg

Quote from: x-M-x on Dec 14, 2017, 01:27:40 PM
OMG I hope so.

Just do what they did with the Star Wars prequels and pretend they never happened.

Then open to a sequel series starring Newt. An Aliens: Outbreak adaptation of sorts, preferably.

Alienon

Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...
Please retcon Alien 3...

Russ

Quote from: Magegg on Dec 14, 2017, 01:59:35 PM
Just do what they did with the Star Wars prequels and pretend they never happened.

Did they do that (genuine question, I'm only a casual star wars watcher)? Kylo Ren had Darth Vader's hat, didn't he? Or are they saying that midichlorieans are bs now?

Magegg

Quote from: Russ on Dec 14, 2017, 02:17:23 PM

Did they do that (genuine question, I'm only a casual star wars watcher)? Kylo Ren had Darth Vader's hat, didn't he? Or are they saying that midichlorieans are bs now?
Not a single referrence to Episode I, II or III.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Magegg on Dec 14, 2017, 02:25:00 PM
Quote from: Russ on Dec 14, 2017, 02:17:23 PM

Not a single referrence to Episode I, II or III.

Not quite.

The actor who plays Bail Organa in Rogue One is the same actor in the prequels.

The same with Mon Mothma.

Saw Gerrera is a character from Clone Wars. Then he appears in SW Rebels and Rogue one. 

The same with Captain Rex and Ahsoka Tano.

A couple of easter eggs

A recognizable imperial vehicle in Rogue One

HAVw A6 Juggernaut in Episode III

The planet Coruscant from the prequels in Rogue One

Alienon

Magegg

Clone army.

Samus007

OMG I hope so.

Then open to a sequel series starring Newt. An Aliens: Outbreak adaptation of sorts, preferably.

Personally, I hope that Disney lets Ridley finish what he started with Prometheus / Cov. I don't want it to end "for good" based on what happened at the ending of Cov. Disney just needs to tell Ridley, "you have one movie, wrap this story line up, because after that we have new plans for the Alien franchise". Something along those lines, i dunno.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Samus007 on Dec 14, 2017, 02:43:43 PM
OMG I hope so.

Personally, I hope that Disney lets Ridley finish what he started with Prometheus / Cov. I don't want it to end "for good" based on what happened at the ending of Cov. Disney just needs to tell Ridley, "you have one movie, wrap this story line up, because after that we have new plans for the Alien franchise". Something along those lines, i dunno.
I agree.  I JUST WANT ONE MORE RIDLEY FILM!

Then do a PG remake of Alien directed by JJ Abrams with a cameo appearance by Wolverine played by Miley Cyrus or whatever the hell they want to do.  Finishing the prequel storyline is all I ask!

0321recon

Quote from: necrotard on Dec 14, 2017, 03:12:03 PM
OMG I hope so.

Then do a PG remake of Alien directed by JJ Abrams with a cameo appearance by Wolverine played by Miley Cyrus or whatever the hell they want to do.  Finishing the prequel storyline is all I ask!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd prefer they sell the Franchise to someone like Netflix. With that, Ridley could be off the leash and have Luke or someone near to Scott been given 15 to 20 mil to do a film to closes that ten year gap between Prometheus and Covenant while Scott shoots Awakening, then from there Netflix can do whatever they want with it.

Though, if that doesn't happen I hope those rubes at Disney let Scott at least do one more film before they 'Disneyfy' the franchise. 

Samus007

Quote from: necrotard on Dec 14, 2017, 03:12:03 PM
OMG I hope so.

lol, a PG Alien. God no. If Disney gets to making new Predator, Die Hard, and Alien films they will still be rated R but will be released thru Touchstone Pictures, as that is where Disney releases many of it's R rated movies.

JokersWarPig

I hope so.

OMG I hope so.

I hope not.
There's no money to be had with Ridley's films and Disney is all about them $$$. Im going to argue they're gonna pick up with something along the lines that Neil Blomkamp wanted to do, but with new characters. That's a big IF though. I'd rather see them sell it to Netflix like someone else said.

Ratchetcomand

I'm worry about Fox's R rated franchises in the hands of Disney. I hope they will keep them untouched and release them by Touchstone Pictures (Disney's film brand for more mature and adult movies).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed