Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,903 times)

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Hubbs on Sep 20, 2015, 02:23:33 PMNope, it's being offered massive paychecks. Hudson was against this reboot for flips sake, now he's in it! Money talks, if there's a steady paycheck in it, Hudson will do anything you say.
And what's bad about that? It's not like he's funding ISIS with his paycheck or anything.

Quote from: Hubbs on Sep 20, 2015, 02:23:33 PMThey're clearly trying to lure in the original fanbase with these cameos.
And what's so bad about that? People who liked Ghostbusters movies might like to watch a new Ghostbusters movie.

The fact you're saying "uh, this movie's gonna stink because they're only girls!" it's just an überstupid argument.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

How dare they make movies? Don't you know they're making MONEY?!? Damn movies.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yep that's the old glory I'm talking about, a whole lotta Benjamin's. :)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Right, because having the original stars in the movie as silly cameos isn't an obvious ploy to try and get the fanboy fanbase on board after the virtually massive all round negative response to this movie online.

The fact that Hudson was against it at first and is now in it, is also not exactly a good sign. We all know it's about money but just doing something so obviously for the money and nothing else (like actual love and respect for the project), reflects badly on the movie.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The movies going to die...  so why do you care?

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 21, 2015, 05:00:21 AM
The movies going to die...  so why do you care?

It could of been so much more.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Hubbs on Sep 21, 2015, 04:00:24 AMRight, because having the original stars in the movie as silly cameos isn't an obvious ploy to try and get the fanboy fanbase on board after the virtually massive all round negative response to this movie online.

The fact that Hudson was against it at first and is now in it, is also not exactly a good sign. We all know it's about money but just doing something so obviously for the money and nothing else (like actual love and respect for the project), reflects badly on the movie.
The fact is this is a desperate move because of the f**king stupid "massive all round negative response" to the reboot. I see people not open to the reboot thing simply because it's an all-female cast. Probably if they had launched a new Star Trek or Star Wars saga with an all-female cast, the uproar would have been just as negative.

You're criticizing the fact they're trying to panderize to the fans simply because you started screaming an irrational "WE HATE GIRLS!!" stupid complaint from the beginning. If you're saying the reboot doesn't make sense and they're desperate, you first should take a look at yourself and your points of view.

ace3g

ace3g

Yet Another Original Ghostbusters Star Will Appear In The New Movie!

CanoeShowbiz Verified account
‏@JamShowbiz

#Ghostbusters reboot a giant reunion. #AnniePotts has signed up too: http://jam.canoe.com/Movies/2015/09/21/22554033-wenn-story.html ...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You know what would be awesome; if half way through this shitty movie the old cast basically bumps the new cast da f**k out of the way and takes over the movie. ~ducks head

and yep, didn't see the movie but I already am assuming it will be shitty.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I bet it'll rock.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 21, 2015, 09:07:32 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Sep 21, 2015, 04:00:24 AMRight, because having the original stars in the movie as silly cameos isn't an obvious ploy to try and get the fanboy fanbase on board after the virtually massive all round negative response to this movie online.

The fact is this is a desperate move because of the f**king stupid "massive all round negative response" to the reboot. I see people not open to the reboot thing simply because it's an all-female cast. Probably if they had launched a new Star Trek or Star Wars saga with an all-female cast, the uproar would have been just as negative.

You're criticizing the fact they're trying to panderize to the fans simply because you started screaming an irrational "WE HATE GIRLS!!" stupid complaint from the beginning. If you're saying the reboot doesn't make sense and they're desperate, you first should take a look at yourself and your points of view.

When have I ever said 'we hate girls'?

I don't dislike the idea of female Ghostbusters, but simply gender swapping the entire team with identical female character equivalents is a lame gimmick. Then gender swapping Annie Potts character into a hunky bloke is even more lame and pathetic (so much for eradicating sexism in this movie huh).

And yes, they are pandering to the fanbase with these cameos, but it won't work.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Hubbs on Sep 22, 2015, 03:59:45 AMWhen have I ever said 'we hate girls'?

I don't dislike the idea of female Ghostbusters, but simply gender swapping the entire team with identical female character equivalents is a lame gimmick. Then gender swapping Annie Potts character into a hunky bloke is even more lame and pathetic (so much for eradicating sexism in this movie huh).
Yeah, because you've proven one and a thousand times you don't even know these new characters.

The other complain would be "but Ghostbusters were Venkman, Spengler and the others"! I think it would be an even worse idea recasting all those great actors.

So, they're creating new characters to fill their roles? I think that's fair, but I have no doubt these new girls are going to be very different to the original Ghosbusters. Call it a gimmick or whatever, but I don't think there should be a rule that states Ghostbusters can't be an all female team, that's just last century thinking.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

When the director breaks it's usually a sign that the bullshit hate is grounded in reality. Honestly though, is the hate because the women are not hot superbabes? Societal definitions of beauty do exist.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

I think it's more to do with misogyny, as well as fans of the originals not wanting it made in the first place.

I'm not bothered, I'll wait for reviews, if it's good I'll watch it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed