Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,893 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

The most random casting ever, lets just cast Hemsworth because he's a big A-list star, doesn't have to fit the role or anything.

'Hey I have this great idea for Ghostbusters, lets swap the genders for every character! ta da!! So the Ghostbusters are now women and the receptionist is now a bloke! Hilarity will ensue I'm telling ya.' ( -_- )

Isn't this kinda reverse sexism? Seems to me he's been cast for his looks and physique (what else), so would I be right in assuming he'll be the eye candy for the female Ghostbusters? Something for them to perv over and crack naughty jokes/innuendos. Wouldn't that be just as bad as having the same deal for a female character? I'm guessing of course this angle is perfectly fine and will cause no uproar by the feminists  ::)

Either the whole good looking team will fancy Hemsworth accept for McCarthy, but in a hilarious ironic twist ( ::) ), Hemsworth will only be interested in McCarthy. Or McCarthy will be lusting over Hemsworth like a parasite whilst the others be all scientific and such. Or he'll go with the black female Ghostbuster to earn the movie a PC badge.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 11, 2015, 03:11:20 AM
The most random casting ever, lets just cast Hemsworth because he's a big A-list star, doesn't have to fit the role or anything.

'Hey I have this great idea for Ghostbusters, lets swap the genders for every character! ta da!! So the Ghostbusters are now women and the receptionist is now a bloke! Hilarity will ensue I'm telling ya.' ( -_- )

Isn't this kinda reverse sexism? Seems to me he's been cast for his looks and physique (what else), so would I be right in assuming he'll be the eye candy for the female Ghostbusters? Something for them to perv over and crack naughty jokes/innuendos. Wouldn't that be just as bad as having the same deal for a female character? I'm guessing of course this angle is perfectly fine and will cause no uproar by the feminists  ::)

Either the whole good looking team will fancy Hemsworth accept for McCarthy, but in a hilarious ironic twist ( ::) ), Hemsworth will only be interested in McCarthy. Or McCarthy will be lusting over Hemsworth like a parasite whilst the others be all scientific and such. Or he'll go with the black female Ghostbuster to earn the movie a PC badge.

Agreed. He was bitching about sexism and then does THIS which is a blatant sexist cliche that I don't know how he doesn't realize it himself.

Magegg

Magegg

I LOL and liked the casting  ;D I'm all in for a goofball/surreal take on Ghostbusters  :laugh:

ace3g

ace3g

Paul Feig ‏@paulfeig 26m26 minutes ago

And ... action! #slimetimestartstomorrow

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

So, Slimer will be present in this film?  :)

ace3g

Hubbs

Hubbs

Wow they're still actually making this.

ace3g

ace3g

Paul FeigVerified account
‏@paulfeig

#whatyougonnawear

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 11, 2015, 04:40:45 AM
I LOL and liked the casting  ;D I'm all in for a goofball/surreal take on Ghostbusters  :laugh:

Because the original wasn't goofball/surreal enough?

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 29, 2015, 11:37:46 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jun 11, 2015, 04:40:45 AM

Because the original wasn't goofball/surreal enough?
Moore goofiness is welcome XD

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 11, 2015, 03:11:20 AM

It's possible he might go against type and 'nerd it up' for the character role. I doubt it, though and, if so, it's a strong indicator this team doesn't 'get' what made the original film work so well.

Janine was a deliberate 'drone' receptionist stereotype, who played right into having a slight unrequited thing for Egon. Venkman wasn't interested in perving on her. He verbally-abused her.

Right now, it looks less like the fraternal formula, which made the original work so well, but more like a 'Hellboy'-suitable story.

'Ghostbusters' is blue-collar humour. Guys spending their last savings on an up-start business and, by sheer luck and charisma, happen to make good. Most of the fun comes out of how ill-prepared they are while bitching about their circumstances.

I'll give it a chance, but ever since the leaked Sony E-mails indicated an absolute lack of cohearant direction about where we're heading with this, I haven't found much cause for optimism.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I just find the whole thing too gimmicky.  Don't get me wrong I'm all for a new Ghostbusters and female Ghostbusters, but this just doesn't hold my interest.  I hated Bridesmaids, it is up there with some of the most repugnant movies I've ever seen

Hubbs

Hubbs

New proton pack. Why do they look less advanced than the original ones? like something found in a junkyard.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Um... Wow... Yeah. I thought there was something slightly off about the stripes on the costumes, but the proton packs don't feel right, at all.

It looks like what you'd get if the Russians were trying to copy the originals.

Gazz

Gazz

It all looks fine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed