Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 08, 2017, 10:12:18 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 40,161 times)

Awsam

Someone needs to do something about Ridley before he totally George Lucas's this franchise into silence for a decade.

Elmazalman

I'd like to see the last prequel end with the Nostromo prepped at Thedus and the original Science Officer, before being replaced. No need for Ripley or any other character to be seen.

HiveHost

Unnecessary shoehorn :-[

Mr. Clemens

As long as he's changing these films based on internet reaction, I feel it's my duty to say:

NO F'N WAY.

Beyond stupid. The only reason to rely on nostalgia for old characters is because you've got nothing new or interesting to offer. I don't want to see that movie.

darkvegett0

I think this a good idea bring some character depth so people actually care about the films. Like it or not Ripley is the star of the show

@mr Clemens are prom and cov the movies you wanted to see? Those brave ideas, out of the box thinking kind of movies you want to see?? If that's your vison I don't want to see any more of those garbage films.

Avp was better than half of the alien franchise...

SiL

People care without meeting Ripley's mother.

Highland

Quote from: darkvegett0 on Jul 08, 2017, 01:31:03 PM
I think this a good idea bring some character depth so people actually care about the films. Like it or not Ripley is the star of the show

@mr Clemens are prom and cov the movies you wanted to see? Those brave ideas, out of the box thinking kind of movies you want to see?? If that's your vison I don't want to see any more of those garbage films.

Avp was better than half of the alien franchise...

Give me your idea. I'm pretty open minded with a wild imagination and I can't think of a single plot reason that makes sense.

Just thinking about it makes me want to microwave my Alien box set.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: darkvegett0 on Jul 08, 2017, 01:31:03 PM@mr Clemens are prom and cov the movies you wanted to see? Those brave ideas, out of the box thinking kind of movies you want to see?? If that's your vison I don't want to see any more of those garbage films.

Prometheus more so than Covenant, but essentially, yes. The Alien franchise, as it was in the 20th century, is done to death. If I want a repeat of that experience, there are video games for that.

T Dog

Here's my guide on HOW TO DESTROY THE ALIEN SERIES IN 5 SIMPLE STEPS

STEP 1) retcon the SJ to be bald albino guys

STEP 2) De-Giger EVERYTHING

STEP 3) Ignore pointlessly reconned SJ and make David the creator of the Xenomorph

STEP 4) Introduce Ripley's mother to make the universe even smaller

STEP 5) Ripley's mother derails David's plans on LV426.

BishopShouldGo

Ridley you have lost your f**king mind.

echobbase79

Oh, dear! Not this again.

RawMeat

he is so obsessed with the "back end", no wonder the outcome is a little shitty  :)

tleilaxu

Pretty sure he's just speaking hypothetically. Ripley has been done. Don't revive her.

NickisSmart

Ridley: "Fire everything!"

phroZac

No. Ripley shouldn't be related to anyone in the prequels. This isn't the story of her bloodline. This isn't about her heritage. She isn't the f**king Kwisatz Haderach. Trying to connect the prequels to Ripley through family only makes the universe seem tiny and even more about her. Star Wars suffered from this when it revealed that Vader created C-3PO, and that all the clones are Boba Fett's Dad. This is a Lovecraftian horror about humanity's struggle to survive in the face of a terrible extraterrestrial threat, not Ripley's Family Values.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed