Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 62,980 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Xan21 on Feb 11, 2017, 03:03:29 AM
Exactly... it's true... deal with it

No need to be snippy. We don't have to like it.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 11, 2017, 03:56:15 AM
No need to be snippy. We don't have to like it.

Amen.

I mean there's hope that it could just be a rumor! I hope it's just a rumor!

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 11, 2017, 02:58:00 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 11, 2017, 02:35:25 AM
Fox really told them to take it down? Oh... Finger's crossed. Let's hope that the Predator 2.0 is taken out.

Well, them making him take the report down leads me to believe that it was true. Why make them take down a bogus report?

I hear what you're saying, echobbase, but I think it's hard to know for sure though. Shane set the record straight by shooting down the bogus claim of Mcgregor being offered the lead role. They could be taking down the rumored plot details because they don't want it leaked or they simply don't want movie buffs like us to get inaccurate reporting of the direction they're going.

Maybe portions of the report are true? Maybe all of it? None? Hard to know for sure before shooting starts but I'm damn curious now.

SiL

SiL

The 'Ripley's mum is in Covenant' rumour was pulled from the internet by Fox, and has been more or less confirmed as not happening in the movie.

Fox may well have taken it down to avoid negative publicity or false information.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Feb 11, 2017, 06:22:48 AM
The 'Ripley's mum is in Covenant' rumour was pulled from the internet by Fox, and has been more or less confirmed as not happening in the movie.

Fox may well have taken it down to avoid negative publicity or false information.

Thank you for bringing some clarity and perhaps peace of mind. This could all still be rumors and speculation, and I am hoping that we do get something good without the whole bigger is better gimmick which this rumored plot is suggesting.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Can someone Tweet Shane and tell him that a genetically modified super-sized Predator is bordering on Rodriguez stupidity...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Feb 11, 2017, 06:22:48 AM

Exactly. The only time we've seen Fox take a text story down recently was something that turned out to be untrue. They left all ours alone which have all largely been proven correct.

We've had a draft about this saved all night because RidgeTop and I couldn't decide whether or not to post it. The guy who was making a biggish deal out of this was apparently the founder of Latino Review and I wouldn't have questioned this if it came from them. But he's also the Editor in Chief of SlashReport but I'm not really familiar with the outlet.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

This seems to be true though, the character names, the stolen Predator tech, the suburb stuff. I buy this, getting a concrete Jungle feeling and i like the story, sounds really fun. Not sure about the new Predator stuff but hey, there is also a Chance it ends up well done on the screen.

Oh and just to clarify, Black never said there were no suburbs, he said its not all about the suburbs, and there is the difference.

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

Well if the reports true the script does sound exciting. I just hope it's well executed in film and not to skimp on the level of violence and bad language that made the original predator great. The predator 2.0 genetically modified being I hope his design is well executed and is at least on par or tops the original predator so us fans can be at last satisfied by a great predator sequel. Another mention I hope they use Alan Silvestris music as a base because that music is so damn predator and any new composer can then take the score in new directions.

SiL

SiL

I have memories of Latino Review being unreliable, but that might've been from years back.

Master

Master

Well, that sounds like shit. Mailing Predator equipment from Cuba to US suburbs? 10 ft tall super i-pod predator 2.0? They'll never learn...

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

It's Jurassic World all over again, "oh no a super dinosaur"... the movie turned out great and the Indominus was  awesome. Really guys, i get it, there is really no need for a super duper Predator, but so is no reason for another Predator movie at all, let's just all dry our panties at this point.

No risk, no fun.

skhellter

skhellter

Exactly.

Shane Black is the best writer that has ever worked on a Predator film so far.

Let's calm down a bit.... (impossible in an AVP forum, i know.)

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

The suburbia stuff is definitely wrong since Shane Black publicly demented that rumor. So I would really advise caution on this. The rest of the report is fetched from the original plot synopsis. We know that:
A Predator (dead or still alive) leaves behind weapons/gear. Boyd Holdbrook finds it, his son investigates it (Iron Man 3 Style) and another Predator comes for the gear (and probably for the captured predator). I think these parts are true... the rest. I really doubt it.

It would be kind of lame that they simply reintroduce a kind of Super Predator. Those were very divisive in the first place. However it is interesting that Shane Black said before that "The Predator" is not a Reboot but an inventive Sequel and that it will build on the films that came before... the genetic Uber-Predator would fall very much inline with that statement.

Nevertheless, I would still take it with a grain of salt.

Instead of always modding up the Predator i`d prefer something fresh, like either sending a female Predator who`s the most badass of her clan/tribe... or an elder Predator. You dont have to go super duper necessarily to bring something new.

Master

Master

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 11, 2017, 10:02:07 AM
It's Jurassic World all over again, "oh no a super dinosaur"... the movie turned out great and the Indominus was  awesome. Really guys, i get it, there is really no need for a super duper Predator, but so is no reason for another Predator movie at all, let's just all dry our panties at this point.

No risk, no fun.

JW great? Hardly. It was as forgetable as it's  only possible, with dumb as f**k T-Rex/ Raptor team up atcthe end. I admitt Indominus was actually one of the best parts of it.

I'm  not shitting on P4. I'll watch it on matter what. I just don't understand the need of "new/bigger/meaner" threat. Ps proved uber predator doesn't work. We don't need to be told this new creature is better. We need to be shown it's better. And I'm sick of this gimmick stuff new films are plenty lately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed