Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator?

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Sep 15, 2007, 09:32:39 PM

Author
Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator? (Read 1,104,694 times)

ShadowPred

Quote from: Keith on Jan 08, 2011, 06:50:47 PM
Quote from: Ghostface on Jan 08, 2011, 07:15:15 AM
I liked how primal the new pred designs were.
They sucked.  ;D

I agree, they did suck, but the primal look was there.

Ghostface

Quote from: Keith on Jan 08, 2011, 06:50:47 PM
Quote from: Ghostface on Jan 08, 2011, 07:15:15 AM
I liked how primal the new pred designs were.
They sucked.  ;D

I'm not overly keen on the tracker or falconer (they've grown on me over time) but the masked berserker is badass.

Thanks to the original poster of this pic (I cant remember who you are  :-[)

Fujimaster

That is bad ass man!!

Keith

I can't believe on the previous 99 pages in this thread I couldn't find some of the most quintessential Predator pictures, like this one:

They were probably once posted, but now are "Subscribers Only" (bunch of money-grubbing bastards  ;)).

Sorry it's only a DVD cap. When I get the time, maybe I'll buy a blu-ray and all that other crap.

Johnny Handsome

That malicious expression still gives me the chills, also love the lighting, Donald McAlpine did a briliiant job on this movie.

I think a lot of people don't realise how brilliantly shot Predator actually is.

Sharp Sticks

I agree, the cinematography is ridiculously underrated. The simplicity, the clarity of geography, and the editing makes Predator (in my humble opinion) one of the most perfectly executed films ever made. May not be especially 'deep', but it is sincere.

Valaquen

I think Predator, along with Robocop, is one of those ridiculously great sci-fi movies that is often under-rated because they're also fun to watch.

Sharp Sticks

Good comparison. As much as 2001 and Blade Runner are transcendent experiences, sometimes you just need to see Carl Weathers getting his arm shot off in super slow motion.

chupacabras acheronsis

the ONLY thing that bugs me on Predator is the cheap editing. like the Guerrilla camp attack.

apart from it, its THE GREATEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 15, 2011, 09:57:04 PM
the ONLY thing that bugs me on Predator is the cheap editing. like the Guerrilla camp attack.
Same.  There are a couple of places where the film feels like they had to "Just get it done!" at the last minute, and you can see the seams.  (Repeated shots, freezeframes used instead of actual footage, sound effects slightly out of alignment, et cetera.)

It's lucky it's such a great film, so it's easier to overlook such things.  :)

DoomRulz

Never noticed that. Is this right at the end of camp scene when Billy runs off?

Keith

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jan 16, 2011, 12:35:07 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 15, 2011, 09:57:04 PM
Same.  There are a couple of places where the film feels like they had to "Just get it done!" at the last minute, and you can see the seams.  (Repeated shots, freezeframes used instead of actual footage, sound effects slightly out of alignment, et cetera.)

It's lucky it's such a great film, so it's easier to overlook such things.  :)

Wow. I could watch Predator a million times and never notice anything like that. And I'm happy about that.

Johnny Handsome

Another test fitting:

Without the net, you can really see the muscle structure on it's body.

ShadowPred

The muscle's definitely pop out a lot more.

samoht

Quote from: Keith on Jan 15, 2011, 04:08:21 PM
I can't believe on the previous 99 pages in this thread I couldn't find some of the most quintessential Predator pictures, like this one:

They were probably once posted, but now are "Subscribers Only" (bunch of money-grubbing bastards  ;)).

Sorry it's only a DVD cap. When I get the time, maybe I'll buy a blu-ray and all that other crap.

I love that bit of the movie. Mainly because the Predator shows some expression. He raises his eyebrow when he discovers the trap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed