What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 156,923 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Seeing production artwork from an "upcoming movie titled Alien" in some magazines back in 1978.

Harkus

Harkus

I watched Aliens because my brothers mate recommended it, I watched it and it was the best film ever (until I saw alien 3  ;D)

avpmad!

avpmad!

well i first got predator 1 film when i was about 8-9 (15 now) and ever since that i really loved the predator race over the alien race, because the predator was the first one i saw and i think that the alien race is too much built round the queen while the predators go it all alone! :[)

Brolly10

Brolly10

I liked the predator films,but I only became a big fan after I saw avp.

The Invisible Hunter

The Invisible Hunter

i was added to the fan list when i first boght alien mistaking it for another movie.

Rotaderp

Rotaderp

I first got interested recently when The Invisible hunter and Alien Freak were chatting about.The very same day I become a member here and I LOVE it.

Helikaon

Helikaon

I didn't really have a choice, Predator 2 was the second movie I ever saw (the first was Backdraft, and stop sn***ering that film has basically shaped my lifeplan) and Aliens (this would have been around 1992-1994) not long after that so I was pretty much influenced before I could make a decision. I grew up idolising Dutch, Harrigan and Hicks and I remember thinking the aliens and preds were the scariest things I would ever see...

Vemados

Vemados

My Grandpa was a big Predator fan and he would watch it everyday.  My Mom said if I liked that then I would like Alien.  She got the Alien Legacy (5 Cassette VHS set) for me and I watched the first one, then I was hooked

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: Vemados on Sep 07, 2007, 05:04:34 AM
My Grandpa was a big Predator fan and he would watch it everyday.  My Mom said if I liked that then I would like Alien.  She got the Alien Legacy (5 Cassette VHS set) for me and I watched the first one, then I was hooked

your family rocks.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: The Invisible Hunter on Sep 06, 2007, 07:34:11 PM
i was added to the fan list when i first boght alien mistaking it for another movie.
What movie did you think it was? Just curious.

Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 07, 2007, 07:35:01 AM
Quote from: Vemados on Sep 07, 2007, 05:04:34 AM

your family rocks.
I agree. I didn't watch Alien 1-3 until last April.

Wow, this is considered an important topic. I feel so honored. Thank you to all who posted!

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Said it before, and I'll say it again. I was 4 years old when I watched ALL 6 films. Even my young mind when watching AvP knew it wasn't true to the other films and was a piece of shit.

pmaz11

pmaz11

I was 5-6 years old when I first saw Predator and thats what got me basically hooked into both these franchises.

arnold23

arnold23

My dad and I always had a thing for good movies so I got to see alot of cool movies years before any of my friends did.
My dad let me watch Predator and Aliens when I was very young...like six years old.

I even got to see Resurection in the movies when I was in 3rd grade ;D

R.I.P Dad...

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Well Its not the best story ever but here I go I saw Alien Resurrection when I was a kid, I didn't understand anything at all just pure violence and gore, anyways I was disgusted for days but I really liked the Alien character and how it put them in a scared position and complicating their life. Then I forgot all about it then comes 2004 and I'm on a train on my way to New Jersey and I spot a news paper and has the ad for AVP, the Alien I remembered but then I saw the Predator at its side I thought the Predator looked cooler. I looked back at the Predator films loved the first one especially when some guy who came over used to think Arnold was the man, then I saw the second one not as good as the first one but had good moments. I was hooked to the Predator. I went back after AVP to see the Alien got hooked with that one to right after I saw Aliens (and I saw the difference with resurrection) then I saw Alien or only part of it I have yet to finish the movie and I saw Alien 3.   And thats my story.

Predator_88

Predator_88

I was a big Arnold Schwarzenegger fan and I watched all his movies and Predator was one of my fav. Then I heard there was a second one and got really exited I was disapointed Arnold wasnt in it but I still liked it. Then I heard of Aliens threw a friend and I really like them but they cant beat Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed