Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 75,254 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 18, 2018, 10:29:16 AM
Of the older novels, I think it's far and away the best.

Do you refer any of the newer ones over it?

felix

I hope we get more Predator Omnibus after they finish reprinting the Alien ones.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I've said a few times that Berserker is my favourite of all the Alien(s) novels I've read.

The only other one that came close for me was Rogue, although I confess I've yet to get any of the DH Press books.

Corporal Hicks

From what I remember the DH Press novels were all mostly ok. No Exit could have been brilliant but that last 3rd let it down.

Quote from: felix on Jan 18, 2018, 12:05:25 PM
I hope we get more Predator Omnibus after they finish reprinting the Alien ones.

I hope they do too. It's too hard to get hold of Turnabout or South China Sea now and they're must-reads as far as I'm concerned. 5 out of 5s.

Russ840

I really want a Pred omni collecting those.

felix

I consider South China Sea the best Predator story written so far.

NazCross

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 18, 2018, 12:32:34 PM
I really want a Pred omni collecting those.

Yea, that would be just what we need. South China Sea is pricey, seen some used-ok condition ones around $50-60+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2018, 11:00:41 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 18, 2018, 10:29:16 AM
Of the older novels, I think it's far and away the best.

Do you refer any of the newer ones over it?

Not sure.  I really liked RoP despite the myriad continuity glitches.

Wweyland

So are these reprints just reprints or do they have any small changes that try to fix any continuity or other things?

SM

Just reprints.  Trying to fix continuity would've required extensive rewrites.

Wweyland

I would image fixing things like typos would not be exhaustive.

An example of a thing that could be easy to fix:
In the "Field report" comic (attached to Fire and Stone), Burkes and Gormans names are mixed up and could be changed in a reprint.

SM

Fixing a typo is very different from fixing a continuity error.

Perfect-Organism

I am tempted to pisk up the omnibi.  This represents a period in my life where I was off the Aliens bandwagon.  I left around the time of the original Aliens: Colonial Marines comics.  I only came back into the fold really around the time of Prometheus, so all the stuff in between, I find that I don't really connect with.  Mind you, I've seen all the movies in between as they came out, but nothing really connected with me during those years in terms of EU.  I just felt that all the random stories never really moved the overall story forward.  Also, reading all of the omnibi comics didn't do anything for me.  They were mostly rubbish, random tales IMO, that never explored what could have been really amazing.

SM

Everything but the most recent (Original Sin/ DNA War) is adapting the old comics, so you may be disappointed.

Perfect-Organism

I just looked through my Aliens Omnibus graphic novel collection.  Berserker does not seem to be in there.  Was it not compiled in the series?  Was it ever compiled into a Trade Paperback?  I don't recall reading this..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed