Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 75,256 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I just snagged these novels (used :-\) on amazon. Better than having omnibus' IMO.

Aliens earth hive
Nightmare asylum
Female war
Rogue
Labyrinth
Music of the spears

I have Harvest and AvP already. I hope my bro might still have my copy of Berserker. I used to own hunters planet but I tossed it after reading it. (Won't own that one again)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 02, 2016, 08:47:03 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 30, 2016, 03:58:19 PMDoes anyone know if it possible to find the original bantam novels for sale still?

I recently got them all without too much trouble on eBay and Amazon (all second-hand, obvs). The only one I struggled to find for a reasonable price was Berserker. Guess they never printed many copies of that. Ended up having to pay a bit more for that one.

I didn't get a copy of Berserker until about 4 years back. I think I paid around £20 for it. Worth it though. Easily one of the best Alien novels. It took some truely interesting concept buried under that OTT comic and turned it into a mature novel with so much going for it.

You can skip Hunter's Planet though.

SM

What was over the top about Berserker?

Corporal Hicks

Maybe OTT is an incorrect way of putting it. Berserker was just another of those blast-em-away comics with the real interesting stuff buried below that action. Too much of that comic way of presenting Aliens. The novelization really brought that to the surface and expanded on it greatly. Absolutely wonderful adaptation, doing what a good adaptation should.

HuDaFuK

The novel certainly had a hell of a lot more heart and soul than the comic did.

SM

I'm not seeing what the problem with the comic was...

Always thought it was one of the better series.

HuDaFuK

Not saying there was anything wrong with the comic, just thought the novel was a lot deeper and more developed.

426Buddy

I enjoy the Berserker comic a lot myself but I too also feel that the book is better.

Corporal Hicks

It was pretty typical of the Aliens comics at the time, I think. I just think the novel elevated a lot of the substance beneath the comics surface and made it superior.

Russ840

Does labyrinth go into more detail than the comic. I love the comic because it really delves into the creature it'self. Is this carried over to the book ?

SM

Not particularly.  It stick pretty close to the comic, but shuffles the 'Backsplash' flashback and Church-in-the-hive flashback around a bit.

Corporal Hicks

So looks like the Aliens Omnibus are going to continue on and republish the DH Press novels. The same announcement also says they're republishing the old Bantam Predator novels but doesn't mention a volume number so perhaps they aren't publishing the DH Press Predator novels which seems a little odd to me.

http://media.titanbooks.com/filebrowser/2016_rightsguide-frankfurt.pdf

Thanks to Felix for the link.

felix

No problem. I love collecting media tie in and novelizations.

Titan Books tends to delay a lot of their releases. So don't be surprised if the Release Dates are a month or two off.

Lonely Universe

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 30, 2016, 08:50:52 AM
So looks like the Aliens Omnibus are going to continue on and republish the DH Press novels. The same announcement also says they're republishing the old Bantam Predator novels but doesn't mention a volume number so perhaps they aren't publishing the DH Press Predator novels which seems a little odd to me.

http://media.titanbooks.com/filebrowser/2016_rightsguide-frankfurt.pdf

Thanks to Felix for the link.
I am so happy

Perfect-Organism

I wonder if this portends an onslaught of Aliens books in the future like what happened with Star Wars.  I mean with that series, the authors got warmed up and just started churning out that stuff like it was going out of style...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed