New LA Times interview with Ridley Scott on Alien.

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, May 30, 2020, 05:07:44 PM

Author
New LA Times interview with Ridley Scott on Alien. (Read 23,057 times)

SM

Why is Kenny Loggins shooting himself?  He said he was alright and there was no need to worry about him.

426Buddy

I say let him finish!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Letneper on Jun 03, 2020, 08:24:55 PM
But if David or Walter were the space jockey... Can an android get impregnated by an alien? I thought not... Although on the other hand, wouldn't it would be cool, if somehow David was able to birth an alien, sacrificing himself, and making something that is truly biomechanical?
The description of the pathogen in the Advent short film gave me the impression that the pathogen might be able to meld with inorganic material, so I'd be open to it.

Quote from: Letneper on Jun 03, 2020, 08:24:55 PM
Actually, wasn't that space jockey larger than the humans? I don't think Ridley Scott would ignore that fact and make it David.
Well sadly, in the commentary for Prometheus, Ridley acknowledged that there's a size discrepancy between the engineers and the space jockey, but he ignored it because he wanted an actor to play the engineer and be physically present with the rest of the cast instead of greenscreening him into the scenes. So he's the type of director to focus on one project at a time and make it the best he possibly can, but isn't as concerned with continuity between films in the franchise.

So if he gets another film, I do hope someone's looking over his shoulder and forcing his ideas to make sense in the franchise overall. Maybe Andrew Gaska can sit in on writing sessions with a cattle prod.

Perfect-Organism

Yes!!  I guess..

XENOMORPHOSIS

Unsure if Disney/20th century studios "Still not use to calling it that for that longest time calling it Fox" would let Ridley have creative control because they're very strict with Preserving  their bottom line. Hope we get a final Alien prequel, though Blomkamp has become disheartened over his project being sideline Id be curious as to how it could've turned out for better or for worse. Could the final prequel be titled
Alien: Acheron Both tying in the mythology religious name of the ship as well as a reference to LV-426's original name.

seattle24

Well, if there is one thing you can't question Scott achieved with his two prequels, it was bringing A-list class back to the Alien series. I don't only mean that in the sense that the people in front of and behind the camera are top class, but the hype and prestige in the build ups and premieres of both movies was exactly what Alien deserves. I enjoyed that.

The AvP movies were particularly dark years as a fan in a movies sense. At least they're a distant memory and the calibre of filmmakers we want to see tackle the next film is of a significantly higher standard. I thought we were in trouble there after Requiem in 2007/8

Prez

I enjoyed Prometheus' grandiose ideas that took a sideways look from the norm in the Alien mythos.
Now with Covenant despite having big issues with the megalomanic AI being the creator theory (and yes I know the novel states otherwise) my biggest issue was that the film went more smaller in it's idea - retreating back to something familiar and safe (basically retreading the last 2 acts of Alien). I've warmed up a lot to Covenant in recent times though.

Both are flawed but they did bring some element of prestige and quality back to the series.

So for me if Ridley can pursue the grandiose mystery that Prometheus promised then I'm board. That said stop dicking too much with the overall mystery ... give the engineers and our beloved xeno the spectacle they deserve - don't belittle it by going down that how AI path.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: razeak on Jun 03, 2020, 06:38:08 PM
That's horrifying lol

I was joking ofc, but you can see how the alien franchise has indeed "wandered all over the map" as James Cameron said.

Drukathi

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 03, 2020, 10:34:47 PM
I really want to see Ridley's vision brought to a close before the franchise moves on to something else with a new filmmaker.

Ridley once said that Covenant can have one sequel, maybe two, or maybe five or six ... :o

COOL GUY.

COOL GUY.

I'm keen for him to have another go, also keep for more Ripley.

I wish I has heaps of money to make this all happen but I have non of the moneys.

dHunter333

I would like him to finish his prequel with minimal other creatures and conflicted origins. Then give me my Blomkamp Alien 5 please. Before it's too late...

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 03, 2020, 10:34:47 PM
I really want to see Ridley's vision brought to a close before the franchise moves on to something else with a new filmmaker.

Predator@Alien

I think they have to make it. It's maybe the final prequel and it is the one we want to see tge most ! Logically, it will  give us the last answers we need. It doesn't make sense a hole of this size in the middle of the franchise...

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 02, 2020, 07:56:59 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 02, 2020, 02:36:59 PM
Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Jun 01, 2020, 07:32:27 PM
Quote"I still think there's a lot of mileage in 'Alien,' but I think you'll have to now re-evolve," Scott said. "What I always thought when I was making it, the first one, why would a creature like this be made and why was it traveling in what I always thought was a kind of war-craft, which was carrying a cargo of these eggs. What was the purpose of the vehicle and what was the purpose of the eggs? That's the thing to question — who, why, and for what purpose is the next idea, I think."

WHAT? *in Fifield voice*

Scott has had PROMETHEUS to discover this big creature. All that he showed was this creature ripping one android's head off and beat Mr. Weyland to death with it.

Then Scott has had COVENANT to disregard the big creature for David and the theme of AI.

There were two movies for him to develope this and he gave us almost nothing. And now he still talks big about Space Jockey, Engineer, Malakak or whatever this creature's name is?
Have fun to rush all this into the very last film of that prequel series. I already know it will fail.  ::)

Good for you - you'll be able to save money for ticket.

Excellent! More money for him and less toxicity for us. Everybody wins.  :)

I saved money for Covenant so I wouldn't need to get used to it.  ;D
Sorry when I was toxic, but Scott just annoys me. He has no real plan and he doesn't care about the main creature. I don't know why he is still around this franchise aside of his big name. Ah, i'm getting angry again. I just stop and hope Disney will do the "right" decision.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed