Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 90,961 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I personally felt this trailer showed wayyyy too much. I think I might hold off on watching more trailers.

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Mar 01, 2017, 03:03:05 AM
Is it just me or McBride looks badass? Interesting.

Looks like he might slimmed down and put on some muscle for this role.

CainsSon

This looks intense! My only hope is that the film doesn't show the Alien much more than it does here, or it could lose its suspense. And that suspense is what made the Alien films great. From the looks of things Ridley got that suspense back with this.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 01, 2017, 03:33:57 AM
This looks intense! My only hope is that the film doesn't show the Alien much more than it does here, or it could lose its suspense. And that suspense is what made the Alien films great. From the looks of things Ridley got that suspense back with this.

I'm thinking that they showed so much of the classic Xeno here because they're gonna reveal something else for later in the film and I don't mean the Neomorph.

salomonj

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Mar 01, 2017, 03:36:21 AM

I'm thinking that they showed so much of the classic Xeno here because they're gonna reveal something else for later in the film and I don't mean the Neomorph.
Are you thinking a new monster? Or something more original?

whiterabbit

Exactly, if no one noticed, there was a second face huger in the trailer.

salomonj

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 01, 2017, 03:40:01 AM

Meaning a second Xeno?

Protozoid

Where?

Rabbit2100

The bio mech is there, its just been smoothed over guys. if you frame by frame it, you can make out the biomech sections, especially the weird cod piece section and on the forearms.

Chris!(($$))!

Perhaps a weaponized Enginner ala Fifield. Or perhaps a new creature or Xeno hibernating in that Engineer structure that we can see in the trailer.

Necronomicon II

Someone in the wheat field was being 'hugged, I think?

426Buddy

Quote from: nanison on Mar 01, 2017, 03:13:38 AM
I don't know guys, I'm not digging it, sorry for that.

You know I want something otherworldly nightmarish, the stuff that gets hinted at in the original. I want to see the nasty alien do what was implied in Alien, I want to see it's sexuality, it's perversity. I want to see tubes and slime and visuals one can't imagine but Giger. I want to see this world in long cuts, slow and brooding camerawork. Screams of agony and pain, tears, sweat. The alien should only be a tool to a bigger purpose, something inexplicable we haven't yet seen.

Can't make everyone happy,  i'm sorry that you are in the group that doesn't like what they see, but we get it. For now it seems most people are enjoying it. After all the negativity on this board since the first trailer there's nothing wrong with people being enthusiastic and excited for change.

Gruyères

I've voted Hated It because it got too much away.  :'(
Thankyouverymuch 20th Century Fox.

echobbase79

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 01, 2017, 03:45:29 AM

Meaning a second Xeno?

Another member from the board told me that there's
Spoiler
three or four Aliens in the movie. That probably includes the Neomorph.
[close]

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2017, 01:25:55 AM
Better than the first trailer.

Alien effects are hopefully far from finished.

I agree. Probably the best, so far. Lots of interesting stuff.

'Neomorph' design is underwhelming. It's basically a Deacon with a thin tail and Caucasian human skin.

Alien looks a bit fake, even down to the dorsal tubes moving in a rubbery way when it's leaping through that duct. The speed is good to see, but as others have pointed out, while skinny, it seems to be missing the biomechanical detail of he original. The eye sockets are back, but for some reason they've been narrowed, which make it look grumpy - the original circular sockets were more nightmarish.

salomonj

Quote from: Gruyères on Mar 01, 2017, 03:54:40 AM
I've voted Hated It because it got too much away.  :'(
Thankyouverymuch 20th Century Fox.
But did you like what you saw?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed