Alien: Covenant 2 Already Written!

Started by Ingwar, Mar 05, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant 2 Already Written! (Read 59,325 times)

Stolen

Stolen

I predict 450m. Would be really fine !

So a sequel is already written, and Ridley wants to do it ? fantastic !

DorkiDori

my fingers are crossed as hard theyll go that we dont have to wait another 5 bloody years for the follow up to Covenant! The wait between Prometheus and Covenant, for lack of a better term, SUCKED!!! as much as Ive loved hearing little snippets here and there over the years... 5 years was just way too long of a wait! HOPEFULLY well see the next film within 2-3 years given he wants to do 3 of them for the Covenant saga.

Then theres Alien 5... *sigh*

acidreign

acidreign

This will not make anywhere near Logan or Deadpool money. Those are fundamentally different kinds of films with much larger built-in audiences. Sci-fi really isn't a cash-cow genre like superheroes.

I think optimistically we can expect at most maybe something in the range of Prometheus or Mad Max: Fury Road's domestic gross ($125-150 million) Covenant is also going to have a lot of competition in the weeks following it's release, so it's going to have to have legs to not get swamped.

I want it to do well, but I'm not expecting it to break any records. I am more than anything just hoping for an entertaining movie.

MajorB

MajorB

It could easily be the highest-grossing film of the entire franchise if Fox handles the marketing right.

They bungled the first trailer, but the Last Supper and second trailer went a long way towards getting people on the film's side.

If Fox makes Alien Day count and continues to push that there's lots of Aliens in this movie, both the familiar kind and mysterious new ones, then people will want to see it.

whiterabbit

Hard to guess how well something might do... but to me it appears that comic book pg-13 movies are getting tiresome, maybe it's the perfect time to bring 80's level R rated entertainment back!

Infected

He can crank out easily six of them he said, and he doesnt want to stop or give the franchise away, he now sees the potential of what it always was, ironically (i always kept saying some directors or writers dont understand their own franchise)

But another part to me that triggered my infected brain was how he called the Covenant ship "uscss Covenant" and by that i all of a sudden see a link it has a colonial status, linking colonial marines, part of one organisation? Could mean we are gonna see colonial marines in the next one, i mean if the Covenant really gets hijacked by Walter aka David they need to go in full force, you cant just send a space trucker again, so if the next installment will ever happen it has to be an Aliens movie all over.

windebieste

Scott has always implied this would be a trilogy. There's no surprise that a sequel is already written.  You can bet the whole outline for a 3 movie treatment already exists.   It's a no brainer, really.

Quote from: Infected on Mar 06, 2017, 09:15:04 AMif the next installment will ever happen it has to be an Aliens movie all over.

Why not?  Let's see how this one finishes.  I'm absolutely certain 'ALIEN: Covenant' will be a success.  It wouldn't surprise me if Blomkamp is brought on board to direct the sequel.  I can see critical plot points are cannibalised from his 'ALIEN 5' (sans Ripley, of course) to make their way into the follow up movie.  Hell, even 'ALIENS' wasn't an original story.  Cameron cannibalised his own previous work to write the 'ALIENS' story.  I don't see why Blomkamp cant do the same.

I think it's an ideal compromise for everyone. 

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

Oh, wow, I didn't think there was any possibility of seeing a colonial marine movie in the Covenant trilogy.  :o

Infected

Quote from: windebieste on Mar 06, 2017, 09:35:21 AM
Scott has always implied this would be a trilogy. There's no surprise that a sequel is already written.  You can bet the whole outline for a 3 movie treatment already exists.   It's a no brainer, really.

Quote from: Infected on Mar 06, 2017, 09:15:04 AMif the next installment will ever happen it has to be an Aliens movie all over.

Why not?  Let's see how this one finishes.  I'm absolutely certain 'ALIEN: Covenant' will be a success.  It wouldn't surprise me if Blomkamp is brought on board to direct the sequel.  I can see critical plot points are cannibalised from his 'ALIEN 5' (sans Ripley, of course) to make their way into the follow up movie.  Hell, even 'ALIENS' wasn't an original story.  Cameron cannibalised his own previous work to write the 'ALIENS' story.  I don't see why Blomkamp cant do the same.

I think it's an ideal compromise for everyone. 

-Windebieste.
Funny i was first thinking his son would enter the ring with the next movie, but Blomkamp could in fact be the runner up and helper in the next one.
So yeah im down for an Aliens type movie with the beauty of Ridley's visual eye, but no Ripley please no Weaver.
And no doubt Covenant will rock my boat

windebieste

I see the follow up to 'ALIEN: Covenant' being a cross between this:

...and this:

-Windebieste.

Pvt. Himmel

Alright... Perfect we need MOAR!!! 8)

FiorinaFury161

Ready already? I have to say this is great news to wake up to!

D88M

D88M

that is great, and even better thand we dont have to wait a lot of time and that they already know where to take the story next

harlequinade

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 05, 2017, 09:26:27 PM
LOGAN - R rated movie

Total gross
Box office   $237.8 million
Retrieved March 5

!!!

No way Covenant gets anywhere Logan's Box Office, Logan got stellar reviews Covenant won't. Also it's Marvel and the marketing was spectacular with Covenant if you saw the trailer you pretty much saw the movie

Bojo

Bojo

Got to continue asking those pointless questions,eh Ridley.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed