Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 215,762 times)

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Yeah I look on Amazon and just found some stalkers and some overpriced predator hell hounds I heard some war game company sells files of their minis so you can 3d print them just me hopefully thinking because I really want some of those minis

[cancerblack]

You can get STL files to print, but they're original designs, not the Prodos ones.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Hey hicks another question den beauvis one of the artist of nightmare asylum did he just did the cover art for it or did he also do the interior art as well because on the wiki it said another artist also work on nightmare asylum

Kradan

Dude, just register

MudButt

Quote from: son_of_kane on Dec 16, 2020, 04:50:24 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 16, 2020, 12:52:01 PM
I also maintain that the franchise is way too long overdue to bring in a female voice in behind the camera.

Kathryn Bigelow directing Sigourney Weaver in an Alien movie during the 1990s (with a good script) may have resulted in a film on par with the first two.

Since the show is episodic it gives them a chance to bring in a female voice to direct and hopefully write some of this show. FX has worked with great female directors like Amy Seimetz (Atlanta, and starred  in Covenant). Noah Hawley has also worked with a few female directors on Legion and Fargo. I agree NA, this franchise could use a female director/writer behind it. I hope they bring in diverse talent behind and in front of the camera.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I hope the characters are interesting enough to build an audience beyond the fandom, so that we have more seasons. The TV series format gives you more time to explore their inner conflicts, and in so a proper character arc where you can understand them in deep.

Noah did a splendid job with the Legion characters. Well, he literally turned a Marvel superhero story into a trippy A Clockwork Orange, so :laugh:

I would like an anthology. But the quality of the show must be good so that people want to see more, despite not continuing with the same characters. I am also in favor of the diversity when it comes to directors, casting and progressive themes as well.

StrangeShape

So the tv show will happen after all. Looks like the pandemic created a new model for viewing entertainment, which is home tv series. Mandalorian did its thing and now the bandwagon is ready to be jumped at. Im not very thrilled about it. yes, we will get more alien, but Alien reduced from theatrical features to tv show on an app? Sure, Mandalorian is good but I would prefer "Fett" theatrical feature still, as it was originally intended

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Haunting of Hill House is better than many of the theatrical movies of the same genre. I understand the sentiment, but times have changed and what decades ago was something cheap in comparison to theatrical movies, today it can be equal good if not better.

As long as it's well written and executed, it can work wonders.

Crazy Rich

I'm leaning more towards caution as far how I view this news. I'd like it to succeed however with a near-future on earth setting, as well as Ridley Scott being involved as I really don't care for the prequels I have lots of doubt and concern, for now though we'll just have to wait and see how this develops really.

[cancerblack]

Look what the cat dragged in.  :P

Necronomicon II

StrangeShape

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 17, 2020, 05:38:07 AM
The Haunting of Hill House is better than many of the theatrical movies of the same genre. I understand the sentiment, but times have changed and what decades ago was something cheap in comparison to theatrical movies, today it can be equal good if not better.

As long as it's well written and executed, it can work wonders.

Its possible. Thats why Im not completely hating the idea. And youre right, times have changed and the popular format and model has also changed, maybe I gotta be little more open minded. Well, we'll see. I do enjoy Mandalorian aside from the awful generic TV score so Alien might be just as good

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I actually find The Mandalorian to have a really interesting, unique score in the TV landscape. Ludwing Goransson is doing a lot of cool things musically. I like the idea of moving away from the big, orchestral John Williams score here, since that wouldn't really embody what this show is.

But I digress, as much as I enjoy The Mandalorian, it isn't at all a model that I feel would be appropriate for an Alien series.

Drukathi

I wish it looked like From Dusk Till Dawn or The Strain tv-shows.
The Strain may be too epic, but From Dusk Till Dawn is the perfect example of unstoppable action and horror in an isolated place.

MudButt

If this were a network show I'd worry about the production. FX is known for allowing their creators to essentially do what they believe is best for the show. Now this could be different since Disney is involved now but John Landgraf who runs FX has always allowed given his creators basically free reign and it's worked out quite well for him.

I think they know this show requires a budget. They're gonna put some money into this. It probably won't be on the scale of Game of Thrones or Mandalorian but if it takes off after the first season we might get some feature level sequences down the line.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed