Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 211,874 times)

Sabby

Sabby

I didn't say it was unhealthy, inherently, I said it was poor logic. You can do something that is both illogical and not too bad for you. Now, living in a fantasy can be a problem for you if you need to interact with society, so if you're trying to be a functional human being in a modern society, devoting yourself to a delusion is definitely to your detriment. How much of a detriment really depends on the level of delusion and the amount you wish to interact with society.

So, yeah, if it makes them happy, and doesn't detract from their quality of life, go for it. Just find me an example of devotion formed under poor logic that isn't a crappy outcome :P

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Sabby on Jun 12, 2014, 09:29:29 PM
You can do something that is both illogical and not too bad for you. Now, living in a fantasy can be a problem for you if you need to interact with society, so if you're trying to be a functional human being in a modern society, devoting yourself to a delusion is definitely to your detriment. How much of a detriment really depends on the level of delusion and the amount you wish to interact with society.
No.

SM

SM

But isn't jaded cynicism, intolerance and ceaseless mockery much more constructive?

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: BANE on Jun 12, 2014, 09:59:02 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Jun 12, 2014, 09:29:29 PM
You can do something that is both illogical and not too bad for you. Now, living in a fantasy can be a problem for you if you need to interact with society, so if you're trying to be a functional human being in a modern society, devoting yourself to a delusion is definitely to your detriment. How much of a detriment really depends on the level of delusion and the amount you wish to interact with society.
No.

Elaborate?

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2014, 10:12:17 PM
But isn't jaded cynicism, intolerance and ceaseless mockery much more constructive?

Where did I do that?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Happy Elektra Complex/Father's Day from Praise Pictures.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 14, 2014, 11:14:53 PM

:laugh:

That comment is perfect for the photo.

:laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 14, 2014, 11:14:53 PM

Considering there's a crucifix in the watermark, I wouldn't run with it.

Sabby

Sabby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtiN6o1FuTs#ws

Religion. It can make a black guy defend slavery.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Being f**king stupid can make you defend outrageous acts.

Sabby

Sabby

I met someone the other day who attributed his son (he claimed to have been 'firing blanks' before this) to praying to God for a family. I asked him why he deserved to be answered by God, but the millions of starving children in Africa get ignored. His answer was 'because America is taking all the resources and not sharing'.

Strange how when shit goes your way it's God smiling on you, but when an uncomfortable truth (like masses of starving African children) shows up, you suddenly become a realist just to avoid saying out loud that your God lets children die.

SM

SM

Wow you sure showed him.

Sabby

Sabby

Curious, how would you have handled it?

SM

SM

"Good for you."

Sabby

Sabby

I'd have done the same if this has started as and remained a friendly conversation, which it wasn't.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Sabby on Jul 02, 2014, 12:52:07 AM
I met someone the other day who attributed his son (he claimed to have been 'firing blanks' before this) to praying to God for a family. I asked him why he deserved to be answered by God, but the millions of starving children in Africa get ignored. His answer was 'because America is taking all the resources and not sharing'.

Strange how when shit goes your way it's God smiling on you, but when an uncomfortable truth (like masses of starving African children) shows up, you suddenly become a realist just to avoid saying out loud that your God lets children die.
::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed