How would you like the sound FX to be?

Started by Malicious Predator, Jan 17, 2007, 09:54:09 AM

Author
How would you like the sound FX to be? (Read 2,209 times)

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

This might be a different and interesting topic, i understand that Colin and Greg read this forum and just entered post, so it might be inspiring for them also.  :)

PREDATOR SOUNDS: Personally i like the sound of the predator the best from Predator 2, when its pissed of at Danny Glover in the meat factory and it starts roaring and breathing heavily. I think the sequel has a nice variation of sounds, i love the clicking sound and the roar but the good thing in Predator 2 is that it has a good variation of sounds and still it sounds like an alien and not like recorded animals, but i guess it was recorded animals and people but mixed respeeded and reverbed.

I love the scene in Predator 2 when the pred is hanging of the roof, after it said Shit Happens and activates the selfdestruct device and it breaths heavily. Would be nice if the Avp 2 predator had some of those sounds.

ALIEN SOUNDS: Aliens and Alien 3 has the best alien sounds, in the first Alien i remember it only screams and some hissing. Aliens has a great variation of hissing sounds that i like. The queen also sounds awesome in Aliens, the creature sounds are really creepy and still fits the action film that the second movie is.

AVP SOUNDS: The Avp movie lacked variation, it sounded like the predator only had like 2 sounds restored from the first movie and then revocalized in different speeds and variations to make it sound like its doing different vocals. But it only still sounds like 2 sounds it had had the clicking and the roar. The Aliens sounded too much like a monster.

Something new and something borrowed from Aliens and Predator 2 would be cool for AVP 2. The first sequels from both franchises have the best sounds!

/Ola

Cryxen

i would love more noises for the aliens in this movie, as in make it seem like they have a slightly more sophistocated form of communication then just hissing randomly. and no pre-recorded lion roars for the predators either.

Darkness

I agree about the animal-type noises for the predators in AvP. They definitely shoudln't be in there.

locusta

The best thing they can do in the first place, is giving the bugs really scary sounds with lot variations. They sound like little piggys in AVP. I hated there sound which is overall not as good. It was a bit better in theaters, but on DVD imo it´s bad.

PrimeTimeTaylor

Bring back the Pred sounds from the first two films.

The Preds in AvP sounded like roaring lions. We've all been to the zoo. We know what lions sound like. We don't need that sound coming from a space alien.

batanga

I hated most of the sounds done in AVP (like the lion roars, and raptor-aliens).

I say, bring back alien sounds from Aliens, and predator sounds from pred 2, or at least something similar. Especially the plasmacaster sound and the clicks.

And get rid of the metallic "SCHWING" alien's inner jaws made in AVP.

locusta

Quote from: batanga on Jan 19, 2007, 01:34:46 PM
And get rid of the metallic "SCHWING" alien's inner jaws made in AVP.

Yes, right. I almost forgot about that stupid Katana-Sword sound. Who was in charge for the sound on AVP? Fuzzy bear?

Malicious Predator

I hope they have the tripple heart beat of the Predator in p.o.v vision mode back.:) I think it was missing in AVP 1, i love that sound !

/Ola

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 17, 2007, 10:45:53 AM
I agree about the animal-type noises for the predators in AvP. They definitely shoudln't be in there.

I didn't overly notice them, nor did it bother me. I'm not bothered either way.

Dekapitator

Quote from: Ola Paulakoski on Jan 23, 2007, 08:33:31 AM
I hope they have the tripple heart beat of the Predator in p.o.v vision mode back.:) I think it was missing in AVP 1, i love that sound !

/Ola

I don't remember wether or not they had that sound in AVP (as I have only seen the movie once), but they should definetly have that Predator vision sound in AVP2!

frankaster

I just want a minor upgrade from the last movies with the exeption of course of avp ;)

SiL

SiL

I want the weird, metallic screech of the Alien from Alien back. They were nice.

Just hope the Aliens don't hiss and scream all the time. Been annoying me since Alien 3.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: SiL on Jan 24, 2007, 03:48:49 AM
I want the weird, metallic screech of the Alien from Alien back. They were nice.

Just hope the Aliens don't hiss and scream all the time. Been annoying me since Alien 3.

The screech yes, very haunting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed