Thoughts on New Alien Design?

Started by Darkness, Dec 11, 2006, 09:55:39 AM

Author
Thoughts on New Alien Design? (Read 8,392 times)

DB

DB

I hadn't seen the pictures up until right now. :o

I guess it's ok. I'm not a big fan of the ridged head and it doesn't look like they made many changes in design concept to the rest of the body, but I guess it'll do.

locusta

locusta

Using the same body as in A:R and AvP bores me to death.

Corporal Hicks

There's only so much they can refine the design. I hope they settle on one particular design soon.

Newsfop

Newsfop

I thought it was presumed that the ridges on the skull denoted age on the alien. The skulls in A1, A3, A:R and AVP were smooth because the aliens had only just come to maturity.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-life-cycle/ See Adult Xenomorph

predpant

predpant

yea, they used the body from avp because they have already got the alien molds so to make more would cost so thats why they look like avp,

but please the hands are way too big and floppy looks stupid

ButtZilla

ButtZilla

well pointed out. I like it. Really Aliens like design. ADi is doing another good job on AVP2. :)

Shadow

Shadow

i like it very much. looks cool and new

Corporal Hicks

http://imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/63352781?d=63354984#63354984
Seems like we'll be seeing the Aliens in action in the new trailer.  :P

Meathead320

Meathead320

For all we know a transparent dome was on the costume while filming, or will be added in CG.

Still has been a while since we saw ribbed head aliens.

Snore

Snore

The design as it is is pretty interesting, I just need to see the suit occupied to get a better grasp of it.

On a side note: who here thinks the suit was stolen so easily because it was on the way to the trash?

I mean, there are quite a number of holes in it the suit that imply something sticky for this particular Alien.

Darkness

Darkness

In Colin Strause's own words:

QuoteFirst off it wasn't a costume that could hang in a closet, it was a solid foam dummy that is used for when an Alien is dead and lying on the ground.

But yeah, I'd be interested to know how he stole it in the first place.

The Ultimate Predator

Maybe the guy worked on set?

AB2K

AB2K

:D I Think The New Design Is Cool! It's Better Than AvP Designs!

SiL

SiL

AvP designs with a new head. Big old 'meh' from me :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed