Hot Toys 1:6 Alien and Predators

Started by Demonio Cazador, Dec 11, 2006, 03:28:05 AM

Author
Hot Toys 1:6 Alien and Predators (Read 8,220 times)

Demonio Cazador

For those of you who own them,
What are your thoughts?
I absolutely love them!!
I think they are some of the most detailed yet not that expensive (compared to statues and busts) Alien and Predator collectibles out there!

And for those of you who don't know them, here's a little Eye candy:

The Ultimate Predator

They look pretty sweet for figures.

locusta

locusta

The figures are very good detailed, but IMO the Heads are too big. The Alien warrior looks great and is impressive huge. I think I get hold of this one.

The Ultimate Predator

Maybe its a little to big, but not that much IMO.

King Willie

Where could I get some of these?

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

There are 2 more Aliens out now.
And don't get me started on the Predators. I think there are like 4 more.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=hottoys&item=6327&type=store

and

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eblisterdirect%2ecom%2fitem2262%2ehtml

Most places are sold out or have very high prices. :-\

The Ultimate Predator

The second one looks nice and dark.

Meathead320

Ok, lets see them make the AVP Queen now.

Shadow

Shadow

those figs are freakin awesome!!

ridetofight

so i've recently started buying the aliens and alien vs. predator figures from hot toys, and man they are awesome. they're everything a movie figure should be and then some. the licensing issues for likenesses keeps the marines from looking like their real-world counterparts, but hey, you can't have everything. just like it really really sucks that hot toys are only making the avp predators. i like how they look, but man i hated the movie. when a single movie can make two of the greatest sci-fi franchises into a silly joke, you know its bad.
that being said, i read recently on the onesixthwarrior forums that hot toys does have the rights to predator and predator 2. thats the good news. the bad news is that speculation is that they probably won't manufacture anything until after they release avp2 figures (probably not until mid-2007 at the earliest - their figures take a while to come out, and frequently get pushed back). sure, theres the classic predator from arnie's movie, but predator 2 has some really cool predator designs. the main predator, aesthetically speaking, just plain looks incredible. the intricate skin patterns, more teeth on the lower mandibles, the ridges on his eyebrows and head, more sweet weaponry, etc. i know he'll get made. i'm also anxious to see if the real clan leader will be made from predator 2. i say "real" because how much sense does it make that a predator clan leader would be some regal dork with a stupid cape and blue hair? in a society based solely on honor through combat, shouldn't he be the most efficient, experienced, gnarled old BA you've ever seen? yeah, a cape, great for fighting. an open facemask? makes real sense. what a stupid design for what should be the baddest dude around. but the rest of the predator clan from predator2 would be amazing too. especially the one with the staff in the last scene that has the mask that kind of looks like the celtic predator's, but it actually one of the masks that was designed, built, and almost used for the first movie. now i'm just crossing my fingers and waiting.

Prowler

Prowler

WOW :o Those look great!!! Id realy like one of the predz to put next to my metal alien statue.

Demonio Cazador

Yeah I have 4 preds and 2 Aliens (inluding Grid Alien) and I already preordered this guy:

Tragick

Tragick

Here is what I have:
AVP Scar Predator
AVP Celtic Predator
AVP Chopper Predator
AVP Elder Predator
AVP Ancient Predator(just got this one this morning!)
AVP Alien Warrior
AVP Grid Alien
AVP Alien Warrior Brown version(just got this one this morning!)
Aliens Pvt. Vasquez

As far as non AVP Hot Toys figures, I just ordered the Robocop and ED-209 figures Monday and they will be here tomorrow.

So far I have spent about $1500 on Hot Toys figures and they are all worth every penny I have spent. The quality of Hot Toys products is nothing short of amazing. As far as I am concerned they are the leading 1/6 figure company out there. And I really look at these as investment pieces. The Scar and Celtic Predators are already going for twice what the original retail on them was. I don't really collect the Alien Marines that Hot Toys also makes(I have Pvt. Vasquez, which I got for Christmas) but I really want that Power Loader coming out in the Fall, so I will probably have to pick up a Ripley from that line. And I already have my Aliens version of the Alien preordered.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

The marks are on the other side.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed