Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 137,813 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: MudButt on Apr 30, 2024, 07:57:06 PMNew image courtesy of USA Today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2024/04/29/best-movies-summer-2024/73406776007/

QuoteDirector Fede Alvarez ("Don't Breathe") crafts the latest chapter of the sci-fi horror franchise, a chiller that stars Cailee Spaeny, Isabela Merced and David Jonsson as space colonizers who come across an abandoned space station and are terrorized by freaky Facehuggers as well as a fearsome Xenomorph.

https://www.usatoday.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-images/2024/04/25/USAT/73459188007-alien-romulus.jpg?width=1320&height=690&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
That looks extremely good. I love the metal teeth they gave him

Mike’s Monsters

I think people will like what they do in Romulus more than in Resurrection.

Local Trouble

That's a low bar.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: MudButt on Apr 30, 2024, 07:57:06 PMhttps://www.usatoday.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-images/2024/04/25/USAT/73459188007-alien-romulus.jpg?width=1320&height=690&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Love the design of the head and face so far. The teeth are gnarly and shiny and I can't wait to see why he's damaged. It's seeming like the absolute closest to Big Chap we've ever had on screen!

And I would like to give him just a smol kiss :-*

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 30, 2024, 09:19:25 PMI think people will like what they do in Romulus more than in Resurrection.
What if you fundamentally despise
Spoiler
f**king mutants.
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2024, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 30, 2024, 09:19:25 PMI think people will like what they do in Romulus more than in Resurrection.
What if you fundamentally despise
Spoiler
f**king mutants.
[close]

Mornstar

Mornstar

The xenomorph's dome head is hurt, it could have been shot by Raines or one of the other characters with the prototype pulse rifle on the space station.
This scene must have been to visualize the xenomorph's ability to regenerate quickly and heal wounds without leaving a mark. Making the movie's main characters more scared when they face the unkillable beast. Let every viewer of this film realize the nature of horror film and change their opinion about the xenomorph and Alien franchise.
The ability to regenerate was spelled out in the script of original Alien, and Ridley Scott said that crushed xenomorph could DNA back to parts and regrow in the director's commentary audio track for Alien: Covenant. Many stuff of script was actually filmed, just deleted, and can be found the deleted stuff related to the deleted/alternate scenes included in the disc or the unused footages in behind-the-scenes.

Local Trouble

This movie would be a good opportunity to show the alien tanking shots from a less capable gun, assuming she isn't packing explosive AP rounds like the USCM does.  It might not be bullet proof, but it could still be bullet resistant.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Somebody said that they love the metal teeth and here I am thinking.. but they all have that metallic sheen, save for the Queen.

SiL

SiL

It's usually not quite so chrome.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

But they're still metallic, like razor, ouch-don't-bite-me-with-that-sh*t, knife textured sharp. I don't know about the AvP films tho

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

What really stands out to me, however, are the gums for some reason

Local Trouble

Looks like they need a good flossing.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2024, 12:11:06 AMLooks like they need a good flossing.
When you have metal teeth, why floss when you have xeno tooth paste?

SiL

SiL

What stands out to me are the tendons. Just don't sit right with me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed