None design changes, it's perfectly as it is
7 (21.9%)
Slight design changes but none too drastic
21 (65.6%)
Major design Changes are ok with me
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
What do you think about a xenomorph redesign (Read 5,015 times)

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2024, 12:38:12 AMConsidering the more fleshy Aliens in Resurrection, the full grown Newborn - the FullGrown (TM) - likely wouldn't have had much of a biomechanical look.
But I want it to be biomechanical :(

On a serious note, I get it being fleshy was a choice but still if it was biomechanical It would've been much better

SM

Oh probably.  Just wasn't really what JPJ was going for though.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Yeah... Still sucks that it didn't happen

SM

Could've been worse.

[cancerblack]

I'm going to watch and enjoy Rez again now, because of this thread.

BigDaddyJohn

I just did two days ago. What a night I had !

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 09, 2024, 09:09:13 AMI'm going to watch and enjoy Rez again now, because of this thread.
Who? Would you recommend this person?

SiL

Rez is short for Resurrection.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: SiL on May 09, 2024, 07:13:35 PMRez is short for Resurrection.
Oh... :|

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Well, if we're going redesign, may as well set it after Resurrection. If the Queen in Resurrection started its reproductive cycle normal and then gained a human reproductive system (giving birth instead of laying eggs) it stands to reason that the other xenos would inevitably go through a similar biological change... therefore, a standard xeno wouldn't eggmorph a host, but xeno-morph (lol) a host.. the host would change into a creature rather than an egg. If we assume they would also have more anthropomorphic features like the newborn, we could come up with some interesting designs... perhaps not all alike, but each a unique combination of xeno and human dna, resulting in similar but physically diverse creatures.

SM

That's some Gibson shit right there.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2024, 02:51:30 AMThat's some Gibson shit right there.

Indeed... but then it'd have to be a two way street... if the Queen continues to undergo metamorphosis, then why shouldn't Ripley 8? Imagine some of the cool and grotesque imagery we could get as Ripley first goes full 'reproduction mode' as per Sil from 'Species', and then goes on to develop an egg sack 🤣

razeak

I think they should try quality, original writing instead of a redesign lol.

The design was perfect once....in 1979.

Aliens messed the hands up, but excellent.

Alien 3 design was excellent too, though it could have been less fleshy.

It's all hot garbage until Covenant, but suffers from a few issues.

SM

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 14, 2024, 05:01:17 PM
Quote from: SM on May 14, 2024, 02:51:30 AMThat's some Gibson shit right there.

Indeed... but then it'd have to be a two way street... if the Queen continues to undergo metamorphosis, then why shouldn't Ripley 8? Imagine some of the cool and grotesque imagery we could get as Ripley first goes full 'reproduction mode' as per Sil from 'Species', and then goes on to develop an egg sack 🤣

I can dig it.

Started a fan fic about that very thing years ago, but it didn't really go anywhere.

Kradan

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 14, 2024, 05:01:17 PM... and then goes on to develop an egg sack 🤣

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed