Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 143,204 times)

426Buddy

Quote from: locusta on Apr 15, 2017, 07:00:29 PM
One thing by now and these new shots show that again, we see only CG creatures at this point. Not sure if it is a reason to worry about the overall quality, but at least it hints towards allot of wide action shots. Not what the franchise is so much used to.

Locusta, is this CG too? I thought for sure it was practical but maybe i'm wrong.

Spoiler
[close]

cliffhanger

Quote from: locusta on Apr 15, 2017, 10:14:08 AM
Never get tired of the complaint about those Engineers :D

Because,
Spoiler
they are not Engineers. And this is not PARADISE! The tagline of the movie reveals the plot already. Think!
[close]

agree, i just dont get why people maintain so stubborn that they're engineers, they simply aren't.

Predaker

Production designer Chris Seagers seems to think they're Engineers.

Evanus

According to Hicks, they were called deadgineers on set. Plus we've heard from multiple other sources that they are in fact engineers. There is no evidence that says otherwise, right?

Infected

Why dont we call them big ass nose people for now?

Predaker

In the article he was quoted saying, "I don't know if you call the Engineers a race, but they're a civilization."

Ultramorph

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 15, 2017, 08:11:05 PM
In the article he was quoted saying, "I don't know if you call the Engineers a race, but they're a civilization."

That quote really stuck out to me. I wonder if it's indicating that what we call Engineers are really more a patchwork of similar races making up melting-pot type civilization.

cliffhanger

Quote from: Molecules on Apr 15, 2017, 07:04:50 PM

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 15, 2017, 06:59:20 PM
Spoiler

That's definitely a space ship not a crane cause its not touching the ground, its a ship that is hovering sideways.   
[close]

It looks like a scorpion's tail

it's a spaceship which, admittedly from this angle, looks like having a scorpion-like tail. what it serves is unknown offcourse.
it looks gigantic but it's probably just much closer to the 'camera' compared to the 'juggernaut' to the right which probably is the ship of david and shaw.

the hole in the centre definately is a 'launch bay' like that on LV-223 opening.

not sure about that scene, but it could be moments before david unleashes the vases onto the civilization, which seem like they're looking angry in the sky, possibly because they get a visit from the spacecraft.

anyway, looks so cool that i am just stunned by what i'm seeing. i am so extremely excited!

SpeedyMaxx

I honestly think they just decided to modify the Engineer design and are now handwaving it when asked about it. That's Ridley.

Point is - they're the Engineers, that is their homeworld. I can't believe this is still being argued about when it's in print from the crew. This is the Engineers/space jockeys and this is what's happening to them in the movie. Accept it.

locusta

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 15, 2017, 07:52:45 PM
One thing by now and these new shots show that again, we see only CG creatures at this point. Not sure if it is a reason to worry about the overall quality, but at least it hints towards allot of wide action shots. Not what the franchise is so much used to.

Locusta, is this CG too? I thought for sure it was practical but maybe i'm wrong.

Spoiler
[close]

Yep. The motion blur of the left arm gives it away.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: locusta on Apr 15, 2017, 09:10:34 PM

Spoiler
[close]

You know that can be done in post with practical effects. The still is also likely photoshopped.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 15, 2017, 07:32:21 PM
Quote from: GQSioux on Apr 15, 2017, 07:26:57 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 15, 2017, 05:04:27 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 15, 2017, 05:03:24 PM
Also the *engineers don't look like the one we saw last time*

They seem less developed and more human like? and where is the woman! lol

They look more like the ones deleted from Prometheus. But yes, more humanoid in appearance.

Yup! Exactly what I was thinking.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n-KsPU7oZPQ/VcvsJz2eseI/AAAAAAAAy8k/lynQ334vL2s/s1600/Prometheus-726x248.jpg

Those still look much better, in my opinion.

The new ones barely have any prosthetics. They're just boring pale bald dudes!

Another shot of Prometheus'  deleted Engineers, no bio-mech suits, no muscles,  just cloaks and sandals.

and where is the woman! lol

In the center.

Quote from: lv_226 on Apr 15, 2017, 07:16:05 PM
Given its size and relative affinity to the derelict on LV-426 (it isn't round and longer like the original design) if this humongous ship is the derelict in Alien?! It would make sense given the cavernous dimensions of the interior of the ship when Kane travels down the egg chamber. What if, during the bombing raid on Paradise, this ship takes off? Idk, pure conjecture.

It's very far from the original derelict design wise. And the Alien derelict is supposedly smaller than the Prometheus juggernaut.

zoidy

Quote from: locusta on Apr 15, 2017, 09:10:34 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Hmm... ;D  Are we really saying a photo still from a movie that has blur is CGI, and can't be a single frame from a fast movement of an actual arm? That can't possibly be true, surely?

Evanus

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 15, 2017, 09:26:49 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 15, 2017, 07:32:21 PM
Quote from: GQSioux on Apr 15, 2017, 07:26:57 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 15, 2017, 05:04:27 PM
Also the *engineers don't look like the one we saw last time*

They seem less developed and more human like? and where is the woman! lol

They look more like the ones deleted from Prometheus. But yes, more humanoid in appearance.

Yup! Exactly what I was thinking.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n-KsPU7oZPQ/VcvsJz2eseI/AAAAAAAAy8k/lynQ334vL2s/s1600/Prometheus-726x248.jpg

Those still look much better, in my opinion.

The new ones barely have any prosthetics. They're just boring pale bald dudes!

Another shot of Prometheus'  deleted Engineers, no bio-mech suits, no muscles,  just cloaks and sandals.

and where is the woman! lol

In the center.

Quote from: lv_226 on Apr 15, 2017, 07:16:05 PM
Given its size and relative affinity to the derelict on LV-426 (it isn't round and longer like the original design) if this humongous ship is the derelict in Alien?! It would make sense given the cavernous dimensions of the interior of the ship when Kane travels down the egg chamber. What if, during the bombing raid on Paradise, this ship takes off? Idk, pure conjecture.

It's very far from the original derelict design wise. And the Alien derelict is supposedly smaller than the Prometheus juggernaut.
Yeah, but look at all that make up on his face! Looks much better than those boring bald dudes in Covenant, right?!

rabidranger

"Engineers" does seem to be referring to multifaceted civilization rather than a singular race. Lots of variety. Awesome pics of the ships. Don't two of them join together?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed