Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 964,841 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Jesus, you still haven't beaten it yet? It's hard, but it's not THAT hard.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I haven't finished it either...not because it's hard, just got sick o Ellie's shit.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 03, 2014, 01:58:49 PM
I haven't finished it either...not because it's hard, just got sick o Ellie's shit.
Are you even a human being?  >:(

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 03, 2014, 02:09:41 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 03, 2014, 01:58:49 PM
Are you even a human being?  >:(
Sorry but between a lack of engaging characters, cheap ass insta-kill enemies, and a shitty inventory system I just couldn't keep interested. Not to mention the guns sucked complete shit. I would get headshots on people and they'd just kind of shake it off like I was throwing rocks. Melee was the only way to effectively murder something. Admittedly, melee was incredibly satisfying.

I'm probably going to sell my copy, actually. Oh, and the story, from what I played, was nothing all that special. Ellie's the kind of foul mouthed brat you'd find on Xbox Live every day after school and I can guarantee you that if I had to choose between going home and taking care of a kid from Xbox Live I'd have left her punk ass on the road WAAAAY before anyone had time to blink

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Are you serious right now?

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 03, 2014, 02:19:04 PM
Sorry but between a lack of engaging characters
You just discredited yourself right here, but I'll oblige.

cheap ass insta-kill enemies
You mean clickers? All you have to do is crouch walk slowly and you'll never die once. It's easy as shit.

a shitty inventory system I just couldn't keep interested
What? The inventory system was fast, simple and dynamic. It's one of the better ones out there.

Not to mention the guns sucked complete shit. I would get headshots on people and they'd just kind of shake it off like I was throwing rocks.
Then you weren't getting headshots. The only time a headshot doesn't kill people instantly is if they have a helmet on.

I'm probably going to sell my copy, actually. Oh, and the story, from what I played, was nothing all that special. Ellie's the kind of foul mouthed brat you'd find on Xbox Live every day after school and I can guarantee you that if I had to choose between going home and taking care of a kid from Xbox Live I'd have left her punk ass on the road WAAAAY before anyone had time to blink
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 03, 2014, 04:56:53 AM
Jesus, you still haven't beaten it yet? It's hard, but it's not THAT hard.

I haven't been playing steadily or anything.  There was a time gap of 21 days I didn't touch it as well as starting back school keeping me occupied. 

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Ah, okay. What part are you at now?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

still at the UEC campus.  That's where I finished last night.  Will probably try to get to the winter portions of the game today.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 02, 2014, 05:04:53 PM
Dino Crisis 2

Game is way more action oriented than it's predecessor.

Which difficulty level are you playing on? Also, word to the wise: replay the same areas over and over to build up your Extinction Points. You'll need them later on.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 03, 2014, 02:34:42 PM

Sorry but between a lack of engaging characters
You just discredited yourself right here, but I'll oblige.
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot there was such things as opinions. How silly of me that I didn't think Depressed Dad, Asshole Brother, Lady Who Was in the Game For 20 Minutes and Bratty Kid were all that interesting.

cheap ass insta-kill enemies
You mean clickers? All you have to do is crouch walk slowly and you'll never die once. It's easy as shit.
When the game's in a good mood, yeah it is. Usually the clickers are followed by regular enemies that see me no matter what and trigger the clickers, so when it's not scripted for me to sneak by it's annoying as hell

a shitty inventory system I just couldn't keep interested
What? The inventory system was fast, simple and dynamic. It's one of the better ones out there.
Fast? Bullshit. Fast would have been using the d-pad to cycle through my stuff. Instead I gotta navigate the bag to sort through and hunt for my guns that may or may not have ammo. It's tedious. Yeah maybe I'm just complaining over something small, but the rest of the game didn't do anything to distract me from it.

Not to mention the guns sucked complete shit. I would get headshots on people and they'd just kind of shake it off like I was throwing rocks.
Then you weren't getting headshots. The only time a headshot doesn't kill people instantly is if they have a helmet on.
Good to know you were there to inspect my shots to tell me what I was and was not doing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah I'm pretty great like that.

It's funny though. You ask me if I'm serious about disliking a game, and when I explain why I think it was over-hyped and boring as hell you feel a need to defend it. Why? Does my disliking of the game suddenly take away from your enjoyment?

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 03, 2014, 02:53:17 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 02, 2014, 05:04:53 PM
Dino Crisis 2

Game is way more action oriented than it's predecessor.

Which difficulty level are you playing on? Also, word to the wise: replay the same areas over and over to build up your Extinction Points. You'll need them later on.

Normal. I always go through Normal first on any game..except RE3 where there wasn't a Normal so I did Hard. And I have like 15000 Extinction Points or so right now. I'm pretty well stocked on ammo and health items.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Play on Hard and let me know when you run into the Blue Raptors ;)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 03, 2014, 03:38:49 PM
Play on Hard and let me know when you run into the Blue Raptors ;)
Lemme clear Normal first, guy XD

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The anti-tank rifle will become your best friend. You're gonna love the 3rd Energy Reactor sequence and make sure you bought Regina's Heavy Machine Gun for that section! You will rack up insane no-damage points.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 03, 2014, 02:55:37 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot there was such things as opinions. How silly of me that I didn't think Depressed Dad, Asshole Brother, Lady Who Was in the Game For 20 Minutes and Bratty Kid were all that interesting.
Way to oversimplify the characters. You can do that for literally everybody.

When the game's in a good mood, yeah it is. Usually the clickers are followed by regular enemies that see me no matter what and trigger the clickers, so when it's not scripted for me to sneak by it's annoying as hell
Most parts you can sneak by without being spotted once. There are only a few scripted parts that get you no matter what. Sounds like you're just bad at the game.

Good to know you were there to inspect my shots to tell me what I was and was not doing.
That's just how the game works. I don't need to watch you play the game.

Fast? Bullshit. Fast would have been using the d-pad to cycle through my stuff. Instead I gotta navigate the bag to sort through and hunt for my guns that may or may not have ammo. It's tedious. Yeah maybe I'm just complaining over something small, but the rest of the game didn't do anything to distract me from it.
What? You do use the d-pad to cycle through your inventory, and you don't need to hunt for shit. Everything is always in the same exact spot. Anyways, it's a f**king survival game, of course you won't have ammo for every weapon.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Yep. A headshot will kill an enemy no matter what, so long as they don't have a helmet. Doesn't matter if it's the strongest weapon in the game or the weakest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed