Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 322,596 times)

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 07:59:15 AMLol umkay
Because a hunter can't be bested by its prey (sorry Dutch). Lol
Obviously he didn't have a "god mode." The bear gave him a run for his money before he landed that killing blow. You even see that bright green blood dripping from the bear's jaws. 

Jungle Hunter was not "bested" in the same way Feral was bested by everything he encountered. Jungle Hunter did not expect a trap and was about to kill Dutch after brutally beating him.

Your bear example is not working in your favor. First, the bear managed to hurt him, which I doubt would happen to Jungle Hunter, and second, after the bear obviously hurt him and his blood is spilling around, he just kills the bear and carries on as if nothing ever happened.

In games when you have god mode on, you still see your blood when you get shot, it just didn't lower your health, and that is exactly what happens with Feral.

Engineer

Engineer

"So predators are nothing then."
Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 08:06:43 AMJesus Christ I've explained it a dozen times by now. Either you're not even trying or you're trolling, and those are the nice options. I'm done.

Be done then lol
You said it, not me lol
"So predators are nothing then."
Still waiting for an explanation that doesn't revolve around stripping it of its personality, which again, you strip away the personality of literally anything and you're left with nothing lmmfao

Quote from: overthere on Aug 28, 2022, 08:09:39 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 07:59:15 AMLol umkay
Because a hunter can't be bested by its prey (sorry Dutch). Lol
Obviously he didn't have a "god mode." The bear gave him a run for his money before he landed that killing blow. You even see that bright green blood dripping from the bear's jaws. 

Jungle Hunter was not "bested" in the same way Feral was bested by everything he encountered. Jungle Hunter did not expect a trap and was about to kill Dutch after brutally beating him.

Your bear example is not working in your favor. First, the bear managed to hurt him, which I doubt would happen to Jungle Hunter, and second, after the bear obviously hurt him and his blood is spilling around, he just kills the bear and carries on as if nothing ever happened.

In games when you have god mode on, you still see your blood when you get shot, it just didn't lower your health, and that is exactly what happens with Feral.

Was feral hurt by the bear?
Yes.
No god mode, therefore in my favor
Lol
Never said feral was better than jungle hunter dude
Nice try
Also, we don't know if feral used first aid on himself after that bear fight. So, yea, who knows how well/fast he recovered. Lol

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 08:11:45 AMStill waiting for an explanation that doesn't revolve around stripping it of its personality, which again, you strip away the personality of literally anything and you're left with nothing lmmfao

Look, it's really simple.
Movies with the Predator character are supposed to be movies about a specific type of Predator-species, just like a movie Chicago Bulls is supposed to be a movie about a specific basketball team. If you make a movie called Chicago Bulls about a completely different team who never won a match and have no players with talent or skill, you cannot say "well, it's another team, it's still basketball", because the movie is not really supposed to be about any and all basketball, it's about a specific basketball club.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 03:01:42 AMWhen you remove most of the actual hunting and have the thing acting like a generic monster, what's left to call it a Predator?

I feel it's more than cloaks, mandibles and heat vision, but that's about all Feral really has.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: overthere on Aug 28, 2022, 08:16:38 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 08:11:45 AMStill waiting for an explanation that doesn't revolve around stripping it of its personality, which again, you strip away the personality of literally anything and you're left with nothing lmmfao

Look, it's really simple.
Movies with the Predator character are supposed to be movies about a specific type of Predator-species, just like a movie Chicago Bulls is supposed to be a movie about a specific basketball team. If you make a movie called Chicago Bulls about a completely different team who never won a match and have no players with talent or skill, you cannot say "well, it's another team, it's still basketball", because the movie is not really supposed to be about any and all basketball, it's about a specific basketball club.

Predators aren't a team they're a species of alien...
They aren't capable of having different races like humans?
Last I checked, humans were composed of Africans, Asians, Europeans, Hispanics, and so many others I can't even name us all... predators can't be similar in that way? Shit, so I guess we just toss out predator 2, predators and the predator then right?
(Honestly wouldn't mind tossing out "the predator" lol)

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 08:23:19 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 03:01:42 AMWhen you remove most of the actual hunting and have the thing acting like a generic monster, what's left to call it a Predator?

I feel it's more than cloaks, mandibles and heat vision, but that's about all Feral really has.
Yep I saw this. The predator is a hunter so when you remove the hunting of course you're left with nothing lol
It's like saying "this guy is a lawyer so let's take away his law" then he's nothing

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 08:23:19 AM

yess....absolutely this

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 28, 2022, 08:31:44 AMyess....absolutely this

You haven't even seen it  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Yeah like I've got my gripes but geez watch the movie before joining in.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2022, 08:44:26 AMYeah like I've got my gripes but geez watch the movie before joining in.
I commend you for this even if we have a disagreement

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 08:28:17 AMPredators aren't a team they're a species of alien...

We've been over this. Do my illustrative examples mean nothing to you?

We don't want to watch movies about the whole species of whatever Predator-species is.
We want to watch the interesting, clever human hunting that some of them do.
And Feral did not provide that.

After all the examples of Michael Myers sitting and eating, Chicago Bulls, etc...

I give up as well.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: overthere on Aug 28, 2022, 08:59:05 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 08:28:17 AMPredators aren't a team they're a species of alien...

We don't want to watch movies about the whole species of whatever Predator-species is.
We want to watch the interesting, clever human hunting that they do.

After all the examples of Michael Myers sitting and eating, Chicago Bulls, etc...

I give up as well.

Who is "we" exactly?
Because I've been a fan since 1987 and absolutely DO want to see this sort of story telling from this franchise. The scores on rotten tomatoes are decent enough too, so I suspect I'm not in the minority here either...
Naru was genuinely clever, outsmarting the predator better than anyone else had in the previous movies...
I mean, it's ok if you just didn't like the movie though...

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 09:05:08 AM
Quote from: overthere on Aug 28, 2022, 08:59:05 AM

We want to watch the interesting, clever human hunting that they do.

I give up as well.

Who is "we" exactly?
Because I've been a fan since 1987 and absolutely DO want to see this sort of story telling from this franchise. The scores on rotten tomatoes are decent enough too, so I suspect I'm not in the minority here either...
Naru was genuinely clever, outsmarting the predator better than anyone else had in the previous movies...
I mean, it's ok if you just didn't like the movie though...

I like Naru and I do like the movie, but I wish the Predator acted more like the Predator that I got interested in. If this was my first encounter with the Predator as character, I would not find him interesting at all.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

A Predator's character's defined by the qualities of a hunter, hunters vary a lot in practices, but within that criteria they are all hunters, they are all Predators.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Hahahaha

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed