Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 322,592 times)

Highland

Highland

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I just watched the preview on Disney + for Prey.

It's going to stream in 4K, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.  8)

Super pumped, my viewing of this at home will be better than the cinema could have provided. I really wasn't expecting them to go all out.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like there's a fan showing taking place in Aussie right now. Should have some more fan reactions hitting Twitter after.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Embargo has came and went and barely any reviews around online, compared to every other release I've followed online since AVP back in 2004 this has really been a below the radar movie.

PredatorvsAliens

Quote from: Firestorm on Aug 03, 2022, 10:39:19 AMEmbargo has came and went and barely any reviews around online, compared to every other release I've followed online since AVP back in 2004 this has really been a below the radar movie.
to be fair it's only on streaming so of course it will be smaller.
and to be fair not that many cares for predator when you think about how many people there are in the world.

Spartansniper619

Quote from: Firestorm on Aug 03, 2022, 10:39:19 AMEmbargo has came and went and barely any reviews around online, compared to every other release I've followed online since AVP back in 2004 this has really been a below the radar movie.

Actually on Youtube you can see that all the schedules video reviews of the movies are set to come out at 6pm (at least for me, I'm from france so it's coming out at 18h here), so I'm not sure the embargo was lifted yet, maybe there's still a few hours left before they come out.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Yeah AVPGalaxy retweeted someone at the Aus screening and on the screen it says the review embargo is until 2am AEST on the 4th (which is about 4 hours from now) so that matches up with the 5pm UK time reviews hitting Youtube

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I heard embargo was Thursday.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

So, does anyone know at what time us european peasants will see the movie available on Disney + ?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 03, 2022, 05:42:49 PMSo, does anyone know at what time us european peasants will see the movie available on Disney + ?
The current thinking is 12am PST so 7am UK time, 8am central European time. I think this is judging from other releases like the Star Wars series etc

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 03, 2022, 01:54:42 PM

I heard embargo was Thursday.

Well I heard wrong.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Highland on Aug 03, 2022, 07:32:46 AMNot sure if it's been mentioned but I just watched the preview on Disney + for Prey.

Super pumped, my viewing of this at home will be better than the cinema could have provided. I really wasn't expecting them to go all out.

I have a 4K TV and when I select a 4K film (Marvel for example), on the film title page the description says HD. Should this say 4K? The settings are on automatic so says it will detect the best available.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 03, 2022, 06:16:11 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 03, 2022, 07:32:46 AMNot sure if it's been mentioned but I just watched the preview on Disney + for Prey.

I have a 4K TV and when I select a 4K film (Marvel for example), on the film title page the description says HD. Should this say 4K? The settings are on automatic so says it will detect the best available.
For me it says 16+, 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos

This is actually my first time watching the trailer on Disney+ and it looks great. The trailer is even Dolby Vision

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Doomofman on Aug 03, 2022, 06:21:17 PM

This is actually my first time watching the trailer on Disney+ and it looks great. The trailer is even Dolby Vision

Thanks. I'm definitely missing something somewhere then... 😬😬😬

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 03, 2022, 06:23:40 PM

How are you accessing Disney+? I saw that on my TVs built in Disney+ app

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Doomofman on Aug 03, 2022, 06:24:58 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 03, 2022, 06:23:40 PM

How are you accessing Disney+? I saw that on my TVs built in Disney+ app

I'm using the app via my Sky Q box. I will try logging in via the TV app tonight and see if that changes anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed