Started by Sabres21768, Dec 21, 2023, 03:08:24 AM

Author
Aliens: What if… (Read 12,227 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

That is true, sadly.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

I'd like to see this story approach taken to other Alien films.

What if Jacob Branson was able to escape his cryotube?

What if Daniels and Tennessee sniffed out David before going into cryosleep?

What if Ripley 8 decided to throw in her lot with the Xenos?

Seriously, so many questions that should be asked...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

What if Ripley had trusted Charles Bishop instead of sacrificing herself in Alien³?

...or what if Jesus had not been crucified two thousand years ago?

Spoiler

[close]

ralfy

ralfy

About making it back to earth, I read that there was one unused script for the third movie depicting that, i.e., an Earth-like town but created in a space station.

SiL

SiL

Eric Red's script.

ralfy

ralfy

An alternative is that they got lots of transmissions from the colony, telling them about the facehuggers and alien attacks before the transmitter is damaged. Then they send a heavily-armed and larger task force to deal with multiple aliens, and a W-Y security team with scientists deployed to secure the derelict ship, and ICC and ECA officials paid off because the public is told that it's "some infestation" that can be dealt with using "our troops".

That can be the context of the cartoon; also, it'll be so full of content they could even make it a series of features, if not something like a mini-series. For prequels to that, they could even use River of Pain, followed by Out of the Shadows as a spin-off, with other spin-offs to be considered (like some colonists able to escape, and depicting what happens to them, as well as Alien: Isolation).

SM

SM

Quote from: ralfy on Dec 31, 2023, 03:05:19 AMAbout making it back to earth, I read that there was one unused script for the third movie depicting that, i.e., an Earth-like town but created in a space station.

It was shithouse.

https://youtu.be/5lQPd2vwh6c?si=7kBFek70OWIJkcbr

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SiL on Dec 31, 2023, 03:10:02 AMEric Red's script.

Which served as the basis for Heart of Darkness.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It did what?

SiL

SiL

Unless there's an Alien story by that name it's an odd joke I'm to waterlogged to get.

SM

SM

Probably the RPG module?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's a little-known fact that Eric Red was a major influence on Joseph Conrad.

SM

SM

Western literature owes an Eric Red a great debt.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 02, 2024, 06:54:39 AMProbably the RPG module?

Yeah, the 3rd cinematic one was called Heart of Darkness. Granted I've only played it twice but I can't really think of any similarities to Eric Red's script?

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 02, 2024, 08:41:49 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 02, 2024, 06:54:39 AMProbably the RPG module?

Yeah, the 3rd cinematic one was called Heart of Darkness. Granted I've only played it twice but I can't really think of any similarities to Eric Red's script?

The station turning into a giant Xenomorph (Proto-Hive in the RPG).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed