Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 50,121 times)

BlueMarsalis79

The Crossing's the only one that adds anything of substance and even that gives away a lot if it is at the beginning of the film, the rest's at best totally perfunctory, at worst actively shitty like The Last Supper.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I always thought The Crossing was the most interesting one, and that it should have been in the movie.

Nightmare Asylum

The Crossing is the only one that was supposed to be in the movie. It's (part of) a deleted sequence from the film and actually directed by Ridley himself, while the others were always viral shorts from the start.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 03, 2024, 10:28:06 AMThe Crossing is the only one that was supposed to be in the movie. It's (part of) a deleted sequence from the film and actually directed by Ridley himself, while the others were always viral shorts from the start.

Yeah, the other shorts were directed by his son, Luke.

It's actually a superb sequence. I think Ridley said Noomi would never forgive him for cutting it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 03, 2024, 11:51:31 AMI think Ridley said Noomi would never forgive him for cutting it.

And maybe for allowing David to cut her up also ? As much as I quite dislike the prequels, I always thought Shaw deserved a better end.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Obviously She Won't Go Quietly and the Audi lunar rover promo wouldn't qualify, since they contradict the film and are thus non-canon.

They're still cool though!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 03, 2024, 11:51:31 AMIt's actually a superb sequence. I think Ridley said Noomi would never forgive him for cutting it.

I know there was a bit more to it in the script beyond what we got to see on screen. Not sure specifically if any more of it than what was released as The Crossing was shot or not, though.

I love it. I like to revisit it in between viewings of Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, just as a little extra bit of connective tissue. It's the only one of the viral shorts (across both movies) that I really revisit regularly like that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 03, 2024, 12:00:03 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 03, 2024, 11:51:31 AMIt's actually a superb sequence. I think Ridley said Noomi would never forgive him for cutting it.

I know there was a bit more to it in the script beyond what we got to see on screen. Not sure specifically if any more of it than what was released as The Crossing was shot or not, though.

I'm fairly certain David's head outside the Juggernaut was filmed.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2024, 12:40:53 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 03, 2024, 12:00:03 PM

I'm fairly certain David's head outside the Juggernaut was filmed.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/what-happened-to-elizabeth-shaw-04.jpg

God, I would love to see that footage.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 03, 2024, 11:51:31 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 03, 2024, 10:28:06 AMThe Crossing is the only one that was supposed to be in the movie. It's (part of) a deleted sequence from the film and actually directed by Ridley himself, while the others were always viral shorts from the start.

It's actually a superb sequence. I think Ridley said Noomi would never forgive him for cutting it.

The Crossing also ties nicely with the ending. David put Shaw in stasis and planned his devil's work, just as he does with Daniels at the end of Covenant. Would have been a perfect full circle.

Though I am surprised Shaw would trust David, since he was going to let her untraditional fetus kill her in Prometheus. 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 03, 2024, 02:03:20 PM

The Crossing also ties nicely with the ending. David put Shaw in stasis and planned his devil's work, just as he does with Daniels at the end of Covenant. Would have been a perfect full circle.

Though I am surprised Shaw would trust David, since he was going to let her untraditional fetus kill her in Prometheus. 

Prometheus did have numerous scenes shot with Shaw putting David's head in a bag right ? One where she does it kindly, one where she does it spitefully. Or am I remembering wrong ?

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2024, 02:13:08 PM

Prometheus did have numerous scenes shot with Shaw putting David's head in a bag right ? One where she does it kindly, one where she does it spitefully. Or am I remembering wrong ?

In my recent rewatch of Prometheus she puts his head in the bag kindly and says, "I'm sorry," and he says, "that is quite alright."

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 03, 2024, 02:14:54 PM

In my recent rewatch of Prometheus she puts his head in the bag kindly and says, "I'm sorry," and he says, "that is quite alright."

Yes that's what I remember, but I swear I saw other scenes shot where she does it almost angrily and maybe another one where she does it neutrally. I can't remember where I saw this, probably a youtube vid about some deleted scenes, I can't find it aymore.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2024, 02:18:29 PM

Yes that's what I remember, but I swear I saw other scenes shot where she does it almost angrily and maybe another one where she does it neutrally. I can't remember where I saw this, probably a youtube vid about some deleted scenes, I can't find it aymore.

Hmmm.. because in The Crossing David talks to her about her kind nature.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 03, 2024, 02:20:06 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2024, 02:18:29 PM

Hmmm.. because I'm The Crossing David talks to her about her kind nature.

That's coherent with the scene they kept in Prometheus. I'm sure someone on the forum will know what I'm referring to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed