The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 65,244 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 24, 2023, 12:26:27 AMI'll have to see the rest of the models, and have a good look at the 10e rules, but they're doing a better job at it than they were a day ago.

How about now?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

10th edition looks like an improvement over 9th, but still dogshit.

I'll acquire any new Tyranids I can get both in as-new condition and for half price or less. Which does limit things.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Funnily enough, I'm buying the Tyranid half of the Leviathan box from a local guy, I think they could be fun to paint with contrast paints.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 13, 2023, 03:47:11 PMFunnily enough, I'm buying the Tyranid half of the Leviathan box from a local guy, I think they could be fun to paint with contrast paints.

I got a deal on the same that's very "good" for NZ pricing. I'm eager to see what the rest of the codex releases are. Hormagaunts seem like a given, and I'd like to want to get a bunch of Hormies. There's a strong case in various rumour discussions made for a new Hive Tyrant, which if correct I'm probably going to like based on artwork.

New Lictors, 'Stealers and Bio/Pyrovores also seem like a given, although I'm less fussed there unless they hit me in the memberberries. High likelihood of a new big gribbly too, although just how big it is will dictate my interest because I prefer my miniatures to be... miniature.

Personally hoping for new Warriors because as much as I've enjoyed the 2001-present design, the updated aesthetic is infinitely superior and I love the new flying Prime.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 13, 2023, 07:58:54 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 13, 2023, 03:47:11 PMFunnily enough, I'm buying the Tyranid half of the Leviathan box from a local guy, I think they could be fun to paint with contrast paints.

I got a deal on the same that's very "good" for NZ pricing. I'm eager to see what the rest of the codex releases are. Hormagaunts seem like a given, and I'd like to want to get a bunch of Hormies. There's a strong case in various rumour discussions made for a new Hive Tyrant, which if correct I'm probably going to like based on artwork.

New Lictors, 'Stealers and Bio/Pyrovores also seem like a given, although I'm less fussed there unless they hit me in the memberberries. High likelihood of a new big gribbly too, although just how big it is will dictate my interest because I prefer my miniatures to be... miniature.

Personally hoping for new Warriors because as much as I've enjoyed the 2001-present design, the updated aesthetic is infinitely superior and I love the new flying Prime.
I was thinking of doing "xenomorph" Tyranids, but I'm almost thinking of doing light blue bodies with some sort of green chitin.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 13, 2023, 08:59:16 PM

I was thinking of doing "xenomorph" Tyranids, but I'm almost thinking of doing light blue bodies with some sort of green chitin.

Just get actual Alien models if you want to go that route tbh. Light blue bodies with a bright ish sap green would look great with contrast paints, especially with a bit of pink on tubes etc.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 13, 2023, 09:02:01 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 13, 2023, 08:59:16 PM

Just get actual Alien models if you want to go that route tbh. Light blue bodies with a bright ish sap green would look great with contrast paints, especially with a bit of pink on tubes etc.
You're right (and I have a bunch of Prodos minis kicking around somewhere), but Duncan does make it look pretty good:

Drinking game: Every time he makes a franchise reference, take a shot.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Well the indexes are about as busted as I expected. At least as digital objects they might get fixed sooner rather than later.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Had to hold off on the Leviathan stuff due to the car failing a warrant, but the dude held onto them for me and they'll arrive next week.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah I'm getting the 'Nids from the Leviathan box this weekend, as well.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 29, 2023, 11:07:33 AMYeah I'm getting the 'Nids from the Leviathan box this weekend, as well.

Protip for GW starter set/EZB models, slice the end off the pegs on the models to an angle, or remove them entirely, and they go together much smoother with glue.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I picked up some contrast paints and a free termagant from the local GW store to experiment on.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

On the one hand, I love Epic scale armies. On the other hand, I find HH really boring coz there's no xenos.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Oi! [cancerblack]!

Listen 'ere ya git! Da Great Gork (or iz it Mork?) tells me ya ain't 'aving a propa Orky time. Wot's all dis about, eh?

You should be chuggin' down dat grog like a Speed Freek on a Loota run! Da best grog's got da kick of a Deff Dread, and ain't nuffin' in da galaxy dat gets ya feelin' more ready for a WAAAGH!!

And where's ya choppa? No, not da big 'un ya swing around, da small 'un ya use fer paintin' ya boyz. Dem Warhammer 40k minis ain't gonna paint demselves! A true Warboss knows da importants of a good lookin' mob, ya hear? So get da paint, slap it on dem minis, and make 'em look as Orky as possible!

And don't ferget da smoke squigs! Wot kind of Mekboy ya think ya are if ya ain't puffin' on a good smoke squig while ya work? Gets da creative juice flowin', it does. Just make sure ya don't mix up ya paint brush and ya smoke squig, heh.

So get to it, [cancerblack]! Grog, minis, and smoke squigs. That's da propa Orky way! WAAAGH!!

From,
Da Biggest and Da Baddest Ork in Da Galaxy

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Cor blimey, wot's dis then? ChatGPT ben hangin' roun' da East End with 'em footy firms, yeah?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed